The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

Been in a retro mood lately so I've been playing some of the PS RPG's. Just finished playing Chrono Cross. Gameplay hasn't aged too well and this is by far one of the stupidest plots I've seen in an RPG. Seriously, people think it's actually good and well written? Really? :| The game withholds all the important information until you get near the end and then proceeds to have massive plot dumps dropped on you one after another. No pacing, no time to really decipher what the hell is really going on, and some of the information is just so ridiculous I couldn't help but roll my eyes. Gave FF IX another chance and this time I managed to force myself to beat it. Still sucks. Gameplay is just too damn slow even with battle speed set to fastest, the plot is very straight forward and basic until you get to the halfway point of the game then the plot goes another direction that was just awful. Only three characters got character development, the rest of the cast is just there for the sake of being there. This game seriously gets by with all the referencing it does to previous games in the series. The game is perfectly content with riding the coat tails of it's predecessors. Why this game is considered to be many people's favorite FF? I don't know. This is like one of the worst in the series to me Oh well, at least I can say I played it all the way through this time. Only took about 10 years but I finally did it.

Been in a retro mood lately so I've been playing some of the PS RPG's.

Just finished playing Chrono Cross. Gameplay hasn't aged too well and this is by far one of the stupidest plots I've seen in an RPG. Seriously, people think it's actually good and well written? Really? :|

The game withholds all the important information until you get near the end and then proceeds to have massive plot dumps dropped on you one after another. No pacing, no time to really decipher what the hell is really going on, and some of the information is just so ridiculous I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

Gave FF IX another chance and this time I managed to force myself to beat it. Still sucks. Gameplay is just too damn slow even with battle speed set to fastest, the plot is very straight forward and basic until you get to the halfway point of the game then the plot goes another direction that was just awful. Only three characters got character development, the rest of the cast is just there for the sake of being there. This game seriously gets by with all the referencing it does to previous games in the series. The game is perfectly content with riding the coat tails of it's predecessors. Why this game is considered to be many people's favorite FF? I don't know. This is like one of the worst in the series to me Oh well, at least I can say I played it all the way through this time. Only took about 10 years but I finally did it.

What do you think Chrono Trigger and how does it compare to those games?

Actually played through CT before I played through CC and still enjoyed the game today as much as I did back when it first released. CT just ages very well, even though the battle mechanics are dated it never feels dated. Hard to explain but it's just a really entertaining combat system. CT definitely deserves it's mention when people start discussing about the best JRPGs ever made. It really is a timeless classic.

Actually played through CT before I played through CC and still enjoyed the game today as much as I did back when it first released. CT just ages very well, even though the battle mechanics are dated it never feels dated. Hard to explain but it's just a really entertaining combat system. CT definitely deserves it's mention when people start discussing about the best JRPGs ever made. It really is a timeless classic.

the battles are very fast and the battle menus are really quick to navigate. I think that's partly it.

I've been playing Basara 3, and I have no idea how Az made it through the storyline for every character. You're just repeating the same dozen stages over and over, and the level designs are simple too. At first I thought it was okay because the characters are faster than in Dynasty Warriors and the presentation is pretty nice, but after awhile I feel like I'm doing time on a assembly line.

Guest Golem

I loved the original Motorstorm, waiting for a good price to pick up the sequel.

I almost bought a ps3 for MS and then it got delayed.

You never picked up Pacific Rift? Both games are dirt cheap here now, and it's definitely a nice step forward for the series.

The latest(apocalypse) on the other hand.. I'm sort of mixed about. It's alright but the demo only offers supercars and superbikes, which both feel floaty because of their speed. They also just don't make much sense in a motorstorm game, due to the limited terrain you can handle in comparison to dirt bikes and rally cars.

Beat singularity.:killzone: It was like a less imaginative, smaller budget but better gunplay bioshock. Not being able to pick up audio tapes:rage: I wonder what game GF will send me this time. Hope it's lucky number 15 on my list:mario:

• Upvote 1