The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

On 2018-08-26 at 7:56 AM, Teh_Diplomat said:

Getting back into Dishonored - turns out the way for me to enjoy it is to kill everyone on sight :killzone:

The first time, I was being all careful, and non-lethal; then I put the game down (bought it along with a haul of games during Xmas sale) and could 't get back into it. This time though, I'm quite enjoying the ambiance, and game features/upgrades.

I think I had played halfway through the game. And yeah, I was doing a complete silent kill playthough, and I mean I would spend alot of time just staring and getting their patterns down, and slowly picking them off, and entering into every area.

I might try to finish the stealth playthrough and then do a killing playthrough. And then I think I have the Duchess of Dunwall DLC, and supposedly that's better than the main game.

On 2018-08-26 at 2:56 PM, Teh_Diplomat said:

Getting back into Dishonored - turns out the way for me to enjoy it is to kill everyone on sight :killzone:

The first time, I was being all careful, and non-lethal; then I put the game down (bought it along with a haul of games during Xmas sale) and could 't get back into it. This time though, I'm quite enjoying the ambiance, and game features/upgrades.

yeah that's the way to play it. There are some parts where you have to sneak or (get info at party etc.) but you can play it like rambo if you want to.

But I recommend playing it slow and try to explore stuff and do side missions. use the heart to get info about the world. the talking heart was such a cool feature in this game lore wise.

1 hour ago, saltyhermitdenial said:

yeah that's the way to play it. There are some parts where you have to sneak or (get info at party etc.) but you can play it like rambo if you want to.

But I recommend playing it slow and try to explore stuff and do side missions. use the heart to get info about the world. the talking heart was such a cool feature in this game lore wise.

Oh yeah, I'm going off to explore the basements, apartments, cellars, etc. There's a lot of bonuses there, plus they usually add to the side quests by the gangs or optional missions.

And to be clear,  while I'm killing them all, I have the stealth kills turn to ash skill, so still being sneaky; just no 'cares' given to the overall bodycount, nor the chaos it causes for the subsequent missions.

Now that I'm farther into the game, and have Agility, extended blink power, and  slow time skills I'm starting to 'feel' the game. Like I said, I was playing it before, but bought it along with like 18 titles at the same time.

12 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Oh yeah, I'm going off to explore the basements, apartments, cellars, etc. There's a lot of bonuses there, plus they usually add to the side quests by the gangs or optional missions.

And to be clear,  while I'm killing them all, I have the stealth kills turn to ash skill, so still being sneaky; just no 'cares' given to the overall bodycount, nor the chaos it causes for the subsequent missions.

Now that I'm farther into the game, and have Agility, extended blink power, and  slow time skills I'm starting to 'feel' the game. Like I said, I was playing it before, but bought it along with like 18 titles at the same time.

the enemies change depending on your actions in a previous level too. They might be more cautious or have more troops or walkers. And so does your boat buddy. 

On 2018-08-26 at 8:56 AM, Teh_Diplomat said:

Giving games a chance :trump:

i played my first 4 man dungeon in ESO. fungus grotto 1 or whatever its called. made me almost uninstall right after. i dont why there is a role for tank and healer when all everyone does is spam their skills. :TJ:

but I will give it another chance

I was going to play a little Witcher 3 last night because I was about to finish up a quest to free his friend, Dandelion.  Once I completed that, I was told to go meet him and they could talk. I thought it would just be a nice little cutscene or some small mission, instead it started his main story arc that occurs through the game.  It felt like small things, helping him prepare for redesigning his cabaret, and then something happened to the girl that he likes, and it turned into a pretty cool Batman investigative mission, it even had a sense of urgency, chasing after somebody who is going after more people.  Cool mission, and ended up playing for another 4 hours into the night.

Its those moments where you realize why they showed you these characters, and had you listen to all of that dialogue in other earlier missions. So that after you get acquainted with new characters, you see them change, and you get to help them out. It feels satisfying to complete those side missions. You also get to see Geralt act more human at the end.

Edited by jehurey
  • Like 1

Still playing Guacamelee 2.  This game is awesome.  God damn some of these areas are just GORGEOUS looking.  Very similar to the original but when you really start to look at the tiny details, this one is head and shoulders above the first.  

I fucking love playing as the Pollo :D 

7 hours ago, jehurey said:

I was going to play a little Witcher 3 last night because I was about to finish up a quest to free his friend, Dandelion.  Once I completed that, I was told to go meet him and they could talk. I thought it would just be a nice little cutscene or some small mission, instead it started his main story arc that occurs through the game.  It felt like small things, helping him prepare for redesigning his cabaret, and then something happened to the girl that he likes, and it turned into a pretty cool Batman investigative mission, it even had a sense of urgency, chasing after somebody who is going after more people.  Cool mission, and ended up playing for another 4 hours into the night.

Its those moments where you realize why they showed you these characters, and had you listen to all of that dialogue in other earlier missions. So that after you get acquainted with new characters, you see them change, and you get to help them out. It feels satisfying to complete those side missions. You also get to see Geralt act more human at the end.

best game ever :juggle:

anyone played elder scrolls online? (recently?) 

the quests are really good. I finished a quest where this girl killed her father and then her "mentor" had to kill her because I said so. It was a loooooong ass quest story line. This game fucking owns for a mmo. :ben:

33 minutes ago, saltyhermitdenial said:

anyone played elder scrolls online? (recently?) 

the quests are really good. I finished a quest where this girl killed her father and then her "mentor" had to kill her because I said so. It was a loooooong ass quest story line. This game fucking owns for a mmo. :ben:

I figure that Elder Scrolls Online is probably every bit as good as Oblivion/Skyrim.

And that's why I don't want to touch it. I don't want to get stuck into another 70 hour rabbit hole, and then run away from the game with 60 side quests unfinished.

52 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I figure that Elder Scrolls Online is probably every bit as good as Oblivion/Skyrim.

And that's why I don't want to touch it. I don't want to get stuck into another 70 hour rabbit hole, and then run away from the game with 60 side quests unfinished.

I'm just saying it's an mmorpg and it has by far the best quests i've ever seen in this genre. I even go beyond that and say the quests so far rival witcher quality. (i'm lvl18) There wasn't a single quest that bored me since level 1. 

And that alone for a mmorpg is a tremendous achievement. All quests so far have a unique story and I spent a lot of time listening to different characters. There aren't any fetch quests. 

also i know this game launched in what? 2015? ? this game is really polished now i like it. dungeons are like cod with spells tho :TJ:

3 hours ago, saltyhermitdenial said:

I'm just saying it's an mmorpg and it has by far the best quests i've ever seen in this genre. I even go beyond that and say the quests so far rival witcher quality. (i'm lvl18) There wasn't a single quest that bored me since level 1. 

And that alone for a mmorpg is a tremendous achievement. All quests so far have a unique story and I spent a lot of time listening to different characters. There aren't any fetch quests. 

also i know this game launched in what? 2015? ? this game is really polished now i like it. dungeons are like cod with spells tho :TJ:

Once I saw them bringing out more DLC expansions at a quicker pace, I got the feeling that they "fixed" whatever lackluster start that they had when they first launched the game.

I see DLC expansions of Morrowind, and I'm thinking "oh yeah, lemme just buy that and try it out". But I'm holding back for now.