The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

Been playing some Phantom Doctrine, love the setting: 80's spy thriller X-Com style game. I went KGB agent first (you can also choose CIA for a different perspective; then Mossad once you've beaten the campaign) and need to learn a lot about what to spend my upgrade points on. I also like how the cutscenes are brief, and the story is brought to you during the mission.

And the level of complexity it seems to offer is insane: 

- Skills & perks to improve your agents,  in loads of ways.

- Crafting new items, and finding loot during missions > then selling those items on the black market. :killzone:

- Finding additional intel in missions that will help for future missions, finding sleeper cell agents/moles then deciding what to do with them.

- Using your agents on the field with distractions, disguises, and then if all hell breaks loose, just go guns blazing.

So far so good, although I did have one close call, because it gets intense! :whew:

On 2018-12-08 at 6:23 PM, Twinblade said:

Playing The Messenger. Its really neat, and doesn't just feel like one of those indie games thats just trying to get by on nostalgia.

I started this today as well.  I love it.  I fucking LOVE these kinds of games. 

The part im at now in VC4 is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuch bullshit. It doesn't even seem hard, the game just breaks its own rules with some really bad/inconsistent design. As great as it is moments like these make me hope that im close to the end.

Edited by Twinblade
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Wait Until you get more of the movement abilities, you feel like a badass when you chain them together.

Yea I literally just started.  I finished the catacombs and am in the Bamboo area.  I barely have any of the abilities at all, but I just love the spritework and the humor and music.  The controls are perfectly responsive, and the wall climbing/jumping feels great.  Everything is great.

37 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Just beat the octopus in DQ :juggle:

dis foo happy he gaymin' a niche or tough game. "i'm not casual,by playing ironically casual DQ"

I'm joshing ya, but I'm glad you like it.  I'll be playing it a lot slower than you, but it's fun.

Also, erm, you're supposed to beat games and bosses. lfmao it's atually scaled to user-friendly common difficulty, pal. 

12 hours ago, Jon2B said:

There is no difficulty option in DQ that I know of.

I was just stating what I was doing in the game because I enjoy the game.  

Idiot

uh huh. you missed my point, because your brain is casual too.  over your head it all goes. 

18 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The part im at now in VC4 is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuch bullshit. It doesn't even seem hard, the game just breaks its own rules with some really bad/inconsistent design. As great as it is moments like these make me hope that im close to the end.

comment on gameplay. comment on design. 

5 hours ago, kokujin said:

uh huh. you missed my point, because your brain is casual too.  over your head it all goes. 

It's the what are you playing thread , dumbo.  Maybe take your response to the whining thread 

5 minutes ago, -GD- said:

what do you like about it? 

The movement, level design, music, and self aware writing are quite good. That said, the game’s structure change significantly halfway through(won’t spoil what happens), and I don’t really like at as much now if ill be honest.

Edited by Twinblade