Top 10 XBox/PS4 NPD sellers

1) Must be noted that its a revenue based chart not a unit based chart.

2) Bundles aren't counted. 

3) Spiderman will be on the list by next month. 

4) Uncharted 4 would have charted but as stated above bundles don't count to this list. 

5) Halo 3 generated higher revenue in its first month on sale than Halo 5 has done LTD.:sabu:

17 hours ago, Goukosan said:

1) Must be noted that its a revenue based chart not a unit based chart.

2) Bundles aren't counted. 

3) Spiderman will be on the list by next month. 

4) Uncharted 4 would have charted but as stated above bundles don't count to this list. 

5) Halo 3 generated higher revenue in its first month on sale than Halo 5 has done LTD.:sabu:

@McWickedSmawt85 and @DynamiteCop!... check out :takei:number 5

I thought people have been saying that Call of Duty was fading amongst gamers.

If you're running Activision, and looking at the revenue, I don't see much worth getting worried about.

And I am hearing that people are loving the Black Ops 4 beta, so there may be CoD renaissance happening soon. WWII ended up being a solid game.

The way Activision handles CoD year-in and year-out makes them like the Pittsburgh Steelers of video games. They compete very well each year.

14 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

@McWickedSmawt85 and @DynamiteCop!... check out :takei:number 5

Yeah I'm calling 100% bullshit on that, NPD has no means of tracking internal purchasing which didn't exist in Halo 3 not to mention the game hit a 5 million milestone 3 months in which almost identically mirrors Halo 3's road to 5 million.

Halo 3 did it in December with a September launch, Halo 5 did it in January with an October launch.

There's clearly missing data here.

12 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah I'm calling 100% bullshit on that, NPD has no means of tracking internal purchasing which didn't exist in Halo 3 not to mention the game hit a 5 million milestone 3 months in which almost identically mirrors Halo 3's road to 5 million.

Halo 3 did it in December with a September launch, Halo 5 did it in January with an October launch.

There's clearly missing data here.

:|

See what I mean when I say you live in a bubble of shit in your own head? 

MS is one of the Digital Publishers that provide their digital Data to NPD.  

NPD also tracks $$ generated per game. 

Halo 3 generated more $$$ in ONE MONTH  than Halo 5 has done LTD. :drake:

That is a fact backed up my Microsoft's own internal numbers for digital and NPDs numbers for physical. 

:monocle:

11 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Halo was just a fad. Back when xbox had nothing else to play.

Nah.  Halo was an expertly designed console shooter.  It started going to shit when it tried to remake itself in CoD's image to chase that-there call of duty money.

If Halo returned to just being Halo, it would go back to being its own 10ish million-selling franchise.  That's the hope with Halo Infinite.  Everyone keeps saying Halo 5 is it, but ever video I watch I'm just like...that ain't it.

3 hours ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

Nah.  Halo was an expertly designed console shooter.  

:|:D

literally the worst level design in videogame history. Going through the same room 12 times because it's all copy and paste :kaz:

3 hours ago, dakur said:

But does it have anything now?

No, but at least they have CoD and Battlefield now.

Back in the day there were no alternatives on xbox so lemmings had to make do with Failo.

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, McWickedSmawt85 said:

As it goddamned well should be.  Halo 3 was the last great Halo.  It was a slow descent into shit from there.

Halo's coming back... on PC :lawd:

It's not a coincidence that with the shift back to PC, MS is also shifting Halo back to what made it great in the first place :blessed: 

21 hours ago, TLHBO said:

:|:D

literally the worst level design in videogame history. Going through the same room 12 times because it's all copy and paste :kaz:

There still hasn't been a Sony-developed shooter that's come close to the original Halo, sooo... :shrug: