Might buy a switch

Just now, jehurey said:

LOL, Dynocrap tried his damndest to dissuade the OP from buying the switch, and it didn't work.

actually it did. :D gave me some reservations and made me think on it. 

order's still waiting in my cart. gonna research more and read some more reviews in the coming days. It can wait.  

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Considering how bad and uncomfortable sony controllers have been for a decade this shouldn't be an issue

There have been NO performance improvements to the game on WiiU.  It's the exact same performance as when it launched.  It slows down significantly more, and more often, than the Switch version does..

The system only has 32gb's of storage and some games require large installs so you will need an SD card for extended storage. ($20-$40)   Also you'll want to buy a glass screen protector, th

1 minute ago, SheepKilla said:

order's still waiting in my cart. gonna research more and read some more reviews in the coming days. It can wait.  

absolutely you should do more research.  you'll get it if you want to play those exclusive games, that's what it boils down to.

online would only matter if you would want to play Smash Bros online, because I doubt there are people here trying to play Arms and Splatoon 2 online.

14 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

It's all the truth and Jerry would have you believe otherwise, and I know it sounds negative but again it's the truth. 

I don't know what your gaming situation is but I own all four platforms (Wii U included) as I'm sure you're aware, and I haven't purchased a game for Switch since Super Mario Oddesey came out so that's 13 months ago, and it's the only "Switch game" I own, I had BotW on Wii U already so that's another title neutered for it.

It's been a Wii U and last generation port fest with a few okay games thrown in the mix thst still didn't push me into purchasing them. I don't know how you feel about that but for me at least the system has been a great disappointment. In light of what else I own it doesn't even have multiplats to fall back on not to mention it barely gets any AAA/AA games and the third party ones it does both look and run like shit.

If I were you I would wait until next year and survey the landscape, see what they have available then and see if they've come down in price. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
24 minutes ago, jehurey said:

absolutely you should do more research.  you'll get it if you want to play those exclusive games, that's what it boils down to.

online would only matter if you would want to play Smash Bros online, because I doubt there are people here trying to play Arms and Splatoon 2 online.

Yeah. I really like Odyssey, and BOTW looks cool. 

As for online, I really wanna play Dark Souls coop.  Mario Kart and Smash bros online don't sound too bad either. Nintendo has always sucked with online from what I've known, but do they at least track stats in Smash Bros or competitive games like that? 

16 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's all the truth and Jerry would have you believe otherwise, and I know it sounds negative but again it's the truth. 

I don't know what your gaming situation is but I own all four platforms (Wii U included) as I'm sure you're aware, and I haven't purchased a game for Switch since Super Mario Oddesey came out so that's 13 months ago, and it's the only "Switch game" I own, I had BotW on Wii U already so that's another title neutered for it.

It's been a Wii U and last generation port fest with a few okay games thrown in the mix thst still didn't push me into purchasing them. I don't know how you feel about that but for me at least the system has been a great disappointment. In light of what else I own it doesn't even have multiplats to fall back on not to mention it barely gets any AAA/AA games and the third party ones it does both look and run like shit.

If I were you I would wait until next year and survey the landscape, see what they have available then and see if they've come down in price. 

my gaming situation is that I stick to some PC games  and don't really game on anything else for the past 10 years lol. I don't mind the last gen titles being ported since they're new to me.  I don't really follow the gaming scene as much and don't like the DLC and infinite milking. I was hoping the switch presents an alternative to the big system.s

Seems like every single nintendo console has the problems you describe tbh. I remember gamecube sometimes was an even worse draught. Imagine the same thing but without Breath of the Wild, Odyssey, or even the multiplats. I.e. literally nothing. Compared to that draught you just described an oasis. 

also how the fuck do you afford online gaming on all the consoles. That's like $100 a year just to use  what you already own (internet)

Oh shit... DynamiteCop actually takes this SW stuff to heart.   This fool is out here trying to dissuade people from purchasing a Switch..... this guy is a sad fuck for reals :mj:

@SheepKilla  if the system has games that you want to play.. then get it..... if it doesn't...then Don't... its as simple as that. 

@Goukosan Im trying to do research to figure out if it's a good buy. Hence me posting here. I've been burned too many times by Nintendo already to not do my research and know exactly what I'm buying and what kind of features all the games have.

I'm also making a list of games to check out & look into. Care to contribute? This is what I have so far:

-Dark Souls 

-Diablo 3 

-Breath of the Wild

-Odyssey

-Xenoblade 2

-Mario Kart

-Super Smash Bros

You gave some really good suggestions for my Wii emulator a year ago, so let's see what you got. My main criterion is fun and addictiveness BTW.

(@ Cows, Hermits, and Lemmings: i'm trying to play games and not movies.) 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SheepKilla said:

@Goukosan Im trying to do research to figure out if it's a good buy. Hence me posting here. I've been burned too many times by Nintendo already to not do my research and know exactly what I'm buying and what kind of features all the games have.

I'm also making a list of games to check out & look into. Care to contribute? This is what I have so far:

-Dark Souls 

-Diablo 3 

-Breath of the Wild

-Odyssey

-Xenoblade 2

-Mario Kart

-Super Smash Bros

You gave some really good suggestions for my Wii emulator a year ago, so let's see what you got. My main criterion is fun and addictiveness BTW.

Xenoblade 2 Torna Golden Country (Stand Alone prequel to Xeno 2)

Mario Battle Kingdom 

Octopath Traveler

Splatoon 2

and if you didn't have a Wiiu

Bayonetta 2 is a must play as well. 

2 hours ago, SheepKilla said:

The real list is: 

Gamecube controller > PS3 controller > PS2 controller.

And Xbox dead last due to bad aesthetics. 

gamecube pad is garbage lmfao gtfo 

2 hours ago, SheepKilla said:

The real list is: 

Gamecube controller > PS3 controller > PS2 controller.

And Xbox dead last due to bad aesthetics. 

gamecube pad is garbage lmfao gtfo 

4 hours ago, SheepKilla said:

-Dark Souls 

-Diablo 3 

-Breath of the Wild

-Odyssey

-Xenoblade 2

-Mario Kart

-Super Smash Bros

play demon's souls, then dark souls 

5 hours ago, SheepKilla said:

He didn't tell you anything besides the truth.

4 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Oh shit... DynamiteCop actually takes this SW stuff to heart.   This fool is out here trying to dissuade people from purchasing a Switch..... this guy is a sad fuck for reals :mj:

@SheepKilla  if the system has games that you want to play.. then get it..... if it doesn't...then Don't... its as simple as that. 

what wasn't true?

6 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

"I'm an expert................I bought all the platforms"

[Proceeds to downplay BOTW on switch because a significantly worse, lower framerate version exists on Wii U and he PURPOSELY played it on that so that he can pretend that the Switch doesn't deserve credit for that game]

Somebody fanboy'ing so hard that they FORCE themselves to play significantly worse versions of games to deny credit where it is due. That's somebody you should be receiving game advice from. :tom:

18 minutes ago, jehurey said:

"I'm an expert................I bought all the platforms"

[Proceeds to downplay BOTW on switch because a significantly worse, lower framerate version exists on Wii U and he PURPOSELY played it on that so that he can pretend that the Switch doesn't deserve credit for that game]

Somebody fanboy'ing so hard that they FORCE themselves to play significantly worse versions of games to deny credit where it is due. That's somebody you should be receiving game advice from. :tom:

Clearly this went a wee bit over your head Jerry. Owning all platforms has nothing to do with being an "expert" and everything to do with platform viability leveraged against each other. Owning a Wii U the Switch is less viable as most of its notable games are in fact Wii U games.

I bought Breath of the Wild on Wii U well before I bought my Switch. Also the framerate is not "significantly worse". The game is fairly stable in general and tanks in rough areas like Kakariko Village when it's raining, the same rough areas the Switch tanks in as well, the drops are just a bit more pronounced on Wii U.

That doesn't detract from anything I stated.  You're a truly unintelligent human being.

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Clearly this went a wee bit over your head Jerry. Owning all platforms has nothing to do with being an "expert" and everything to do with platform viability leveraged against each other. Owning a Wii U the Switch is less viable as most of its notable games are in fact Wii U games.

I bought Breath of the Wild on Wii U well before I bought my Switch. Also the framerate is not "significantly worse". The game is fairly stable in general and tanks in rough areas like Kakariko Village when it's raining, the same rough areas the Switch tanks in as well, the drops are just a bit more pronounced on Wii U.

That doesn't detract from anything I stated.  You're a truly unintelligent human being.

No........he doesn't have a Wii U..............therefore BOTW is a Switch exclusive that is not on any other platform that is currently viable.

You PURPOSELY went out of your way to tell your stupid anecdote of somebody who would play BOTW on the Switch in order to basically say that BOTW isn't really a Switch game.

It is.

The framerate absolutely tanks in the Wii U version, below 20fps.   And the Switch version has had patches to provide better performance. You would know this IF....................you were an actual gaming expert.:reg: