Gamespot's 10 Best Games of 2018, Xbox completely shut out

6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

This is slightly different from what you said, earlier you said "played the same". 

Template doesn't necessarily equal play the same

e.g.

All Zelda games use the original NES game as a template... even BOTW ...but that doesn't mean they all play the same as the original. 

I left TP off the list because that plays almost exactly the same as OOT. 

Honestly breh i don't see much of a difference between OoT, MM, WW, and TP.  I think that's why I can go back and play OoT every few years, but I find WW and TP just a fucking chore. :shrug: 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We took a vote , we use GS that is FINAL !   UHH uhh did you see the user reviews doh?   Lmfao

jon certainly thought so 

expected, but awful list nonetheless.   My top 5   #5: Black Ops 4 PS4 non-gimped content version   #4: Gris /Nintendo Switch #3 The Missing/ Nintendo Swit

20 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Oh... it's Game of the Year on Xbox One consoles.. for sure.  Nobody is arguing that:jordan3:

No, Gamespot which we go by said it' game of the year overall.  This is the list provided by GS themselves.  GS says it's better than those games then it just is.

Monster Hunter World
Into The Breach (PC, Switch)
God of War (PS4 exclusive)
Dead Cells
Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4 exclusive)
Return of the Obra Dinn (PC exclusive)
Tetris Effect (PS4 exclusive)
Hitman 2
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch exclusive)
Game of the Year: Read Dead Redemption 2

Sorry cowshits and hermshits.. GS is always right and this is SW.  Lemmings win game of the year.  We won 2018.. Deal with it brehs.

Edited by S#$@%^i

Hey Lems, we should have a signature for the game of the years.  All the Lemmings are going to adopt my signature.  

Game of the year.  My god, who would have thought the Lemmings would win this year!  Biased Gamespot fucking over Sony?  Man, they had to.. No oway in hell any of those games deserve game of the year over RDR2.  It would have been too obvious of them to go anti MS on this choice.  Lots of Rockstar RDR 2 fans out there.  Most would prefer to play it on X if they had the choice.

• Upvote 1

^:D I remember being that delusional. That's what happens when you have no games of your own, you have to back multiplat junk and make believe you have some ownership over those whored out games everyone gets.

I never thought I'd get to the point where I was splitting my time between Switch and PS4 and the xbox would be pretty much phased out of my setup completely. I was Xbox-Only for so long (like over 5 years) it's weird to see how things played out.

6 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

https://gotypicks.blogspot.com/2018/10/2018-game-of-year.html

God of War - 43

The Critics' Picks - 34
The Readers' Picks - 9

Red Dead Redemption 2 - 31

The Critics' Picks - 26
The Readers' Picks - 5

Yeah, we're taking it real hard. :drake:

:juggle:

Stop trying to get a meta average to justify things

GameSpot > Meta 

Live with your stupid decisions which are backfiring on you

:deadest:

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Stop trying to get a meta average to justify things

GameSpot > Meta 

Live with your stupid decisions which are backfiring on you

:deadest:

God of War winning GOTY hurts you that much?

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It didn't, Red Dead Redemption 2 did

Nothing outside of GameSpot counts, remember?

:hest: dead dickheads

Sleep it off, bud. There's nothing you can do to change God of War being GOTY. :reg:

13 hours ago, McWicked said:

This was a legit issue for almost 20 years.  OoT released in, what, '97?  Every Zelda after that until BotW played exactly the same.

lol wat. The last zelda i finishd was OoT and even the bit I played of majoras mask was different from that game. Not to mention wind waker, different art style, gameplay - everything. Didn't play skyward

I meant if they dish out annual zeldas it will end up like asscreed or cod, literally no difference at all.

Edited by kaz

I'll never forget 2009 when I shelved my 360. Halo ODST was an abysmal embarrassment SP wise and I tried the lagging as shit Firefight with 4 SW members. And I was paying for this shit while PS3 had free online. 

Bought a PS4 with MGS4, Demon Souls, Uncharted 2, Valkyria Chronicles, and Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma. 

Never touched an XBox console ever again. 

13 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I'll never forget 2009 when I shelved my 360. Halo ODST was an abysmal embarrassment SP wise and I tried the lagging as shit Firefight with 4 SW members. And I was paying for this shit while PS3 had free online. 

Bought a PS4 with MGS4, Demon Souls, Uncharted 2, Valkyria Chronicles, and Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma. 

Never touched an XBox console ever again. 

:D We played ODST together that year during the Holidays. That was also when the shift from 360 to primary PS3 happened for me.

I still blame you for making me sell my original PS3 that could play PS2 games. :( 

In fact, looking back at all the timed exclusives and flops that sold me on the 360, I could have easily lived without one. It was worthless other than having Dead Rising and the superior version of Bayonetta.

7 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It didn't, Red Dead Redemption 2 did

Nothing outside of GameSpot counts, remember?

:hest: dead dickheads

So what you’re saying is an Xbox exclusive has never, ever, not even once won a GOTY award? Thanks for confirming how useless and abysmal the Xbox brand is. :drake:

Edit: I was wrong. Gears did win in 2006. Self owned :ben:

Edited by Ike