EA: Expect Additional Estimate Reductions as BFV Sales Disappoint

Summary

• Battlefield V suffered from consumer backlash as a less authentic portrayal of WWII was revealed.
  • EA formally revised FY 2019 net bookings guidance; the outlook was revised from $5.55 billion to $5.20 billion.
  • The limited nature of Battlefield V’s single player campaign at launch, unimplemented cooperative missions and the delay for the battle royale mode frustrated players.
  • All the major retailers currently have the title on sale for 33% to 50% off.
  • As hard sales data comes forward in January, look for additional downward revenue revisions from analysts and corresponding pressure on the stock price.

Since peaking in July, shares of Electronics Arts (EA) have fallen over 45% and set a fresh 52 week low on Monday. Though the broader technology market has suffered in recent months, EA’s outsized declines are caused by concerns over unit sales of the company’s tent-pole Battlefield franchise.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4229279-electronic-arts-expect-additional-estimate-reductions-battlefield-v-sales-disappoint?dr=1

ea/dice bungled this release badly, including their response to the backlash. there are ways to incorporate women into your game organically and without basically telling your base if they dont like it, they can fuck off. never forget: 

2b3.jpg

45% drop in share price? That's crazy, that's borderline going under. I'm curious if things like Battlefield V are the result of EA executives pushing a narrative, not pushing a narrative or letting Dice have free range and they fucked up. I mean Dice is in Sweden which has become the most cucked and confused leftist society on the face of the Earth so I'm not surprised but I'm more curious how EA allowed this to happen. Where are the checks and balances? How was something like this actually able to release?

Edited by DynamiteCop!

They're improving the game and slowly getting their credibility back. Tides of War gives you some rewards to strive for and improves the 'carrot on a stick' type of design that turned a lot of people off from the base game. 

Also, their new pipeline for content/balance changes is promising. They added 2 new guns out of the blue and also reverted back the TTK changes (the cool thing is they can quickly make these changes server-side without having to patch the game).

But theres still some bugs and balancing issues they need to sort out. The main gripe a lot of the community has right now is that the medic class is still severely under powered. Their SMGs just don't stand a chance against the other weapon types in everything but close range firefights.

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

45% drop in share price? That's crazy, that's borderline going under. I'm curious if things like Battlefield V are the result of EA executives pushing a narrative, not pushing a narrative or letting Dice have free range and they fucked up. I mean Dice is in Sweden which has become the most cucked and confused leftist society on the face of the Earth so I'm not surprised but I'm more curious how EA allowed this to happen. Where are the checks and balances? How was something like this actually able to release?

You are an idiot dumbo

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm curious if things like Battlefield V are the result of EA executives pushing a narrative, not pushing a narrative or letting Dice have free range and they fucked up. I mean Dice is in Sweden which has become the most cucked and confused leftist society on the face of the Earth so I'm not surprised but I'm more curious how EA allowed this to happen. Where are the checks and balances? How was something like this actually able to release?

:| 

:roff:

What's happening is Battlefield is coming off of the Battlefront II lootbox debacle into a world where competition in the shooter genres has never been greater.  PUBG and Fortnite exist,  and have women as playable characters, and nobody gives a shit.  Black Ops 4 has playable women; nobody gives a shit.  "bu bu muh history": nobody gives a shit.

Women in BF5 is the least of its problems, if it could even be called a problem.