Microsoft preparing Gamepass for Switch, will publish multiple games on Switch.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Maybe I'm not a retard and answered him correctly based on what we know. You're crying like a schoolgirl and it's disgusting. :scust:I'll chime in on whatever I goddamn please so you can fuck right off, how about that?

Go fuck yourself. :facep:

Nah, you definitely are.  What we know is that it streams at 60fps.  This is confirmed.  Next time do some research :shrug: 

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People thought Nintendo was gonna revive a dead and buried game and these madmen go and revive an entire dead and buried company. 

that's a wrap, folks. Wish you would have all seen this coming and sold of your Xboxes while you could. Almost too late now.   Xboner's reveal was literally a deathblow. the brand was sunk b

This thread will be great to look back on one day

Just now, Remij_ said:

You are the one talking about how Streaming is the end of MS's hardware.... now you're saying that it will barely make an impact?

What's it going to be Aza?  Do you see how all over the place you are? :cosby2: 

25 million x $10 per month = $$$$$$$$

It's the end of hardware long term because sales will take a hit from the simple fact there are no real exclusives (Add discless if this happens), just the marketing alone of Halo on a system that sold almost three as much in the Jan NPD in the US.

Plus MS has abysmal profit margins on hardware, from $189 S, and $400 XBox sales.

If MS was going to 100+ million consoles this gen, this Switch deal might not even have happened, maybe a seperate streaming box and phones alone.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It streams at 60fps.  He asked can google do 60fps...  

I have no doubt they can, but based on the testing period and the only game tested it was running at 30fps. Digital Foundry confirmed it. I'm not sure why you're so uptight about this. It's just a fucking streaming service beta test. 

12 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

It's the end of hardware long term because sales will take a hit from the simple fact there are no real exclusives (Add discless if this happens), just the marketing alone of Halo on a system that sold almost three as much in the Jan NPD in the US.

Plus MS has abysmal profit margins on hardware, from $189 S, and $400 XBox sales.

If MS was going to 100+ million consoles this gen, this Switch deal might not even have happened, maybe a seperate streaming box and phones alone.

Or, just maybe they'll offer the best hardware at a reasonable price with good features and accessibility options, and their hardware could fly off the shelves?  Maybe they'll get their first party shit in order and it will be compelling and competitive this coming gen?

There's a large group of high end console only gamers out there... and MS will have a shot at that market like they have before.  They need to release better games.  A small portion of people will be on PC and Stream, comparatively. 

The end game isn't to not release a console device... it's to be able to release an Xbox branded console with off the shelf parts which runs Windows.  Eventually turning everything into a potential Xbox supported device for whichever way people want to play games, natively or streaming.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

I have no doubt they can, but based on the testing period and the only game tested it was running at 30fps. Digital Foundry confirmed it. I'm not sure why you're so uptight about this. It's just a fucking streaming service beta test. 

Dude, I'm answering the question he asked.  He didn't ask what fps ACO ran at.. he asked what Goggle is capable of... and it's capable of streaming at 60fps.. because that's what it streamed ACO at.  Of course FPS between games is going to vary... just like they do running natively on hardware..

And yes.. it's just a beta.  I've been in literally every game streaming service beta that there is besides that one... which was US only.. and didn't matter because I already know it was a 60fps stream.  All of them are 60fps streams.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Or, just maybe they'll offer the best hardware at a reasonable price with good features and accessibility options, and their hardware could fly off the shelves.  Maybe they'll get their first party shit in order and it will be compelling and competitive this coming gen?

There's a large group of high end console only gamers out there... and MS will have a shot at that market like they have before.  They need to release better games.  A small portion of people will be on PC and Stream, comparatively. 

The end game isn't to not release a console device... it's to be able to release an Xbox branded console with off the shelf parts which runs Windows.  Eventually turning everything into a potential Xbox supported device.

They're selling the S for $189, and X for $400. I mean it can't basically get any cheaper. It's getting something like 60% of it's sales from one country.

Add the lose of exclusivity of games, its going to get brutal. Don't forget the PC solution came much later this gen, if all XBox games were on PC in 2013 it would be even worse.

If the XBox gets devalued more and more on the software front they'll be dreaming of One level sales.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

They're selling the S for $189, and X for $400. I mean it can't basically get any cheaper. It's getting something like 60% of it's sales from one country.

Add the lose of exclusivity of games, its going to get brutal. Don't forget the PC solution came much later this gen, if all XBox games were on PC in 2013 it would be even worse.

If the XBox gets devalued more and more on the software front they'll be dreaming of One level sales.

This gen does not equal next gen.  Xbox One was a failure...

You can only see a vision where Sony does everything perfectly and MS at best stays the same as it currently is.... you say this despite HUGE rumors of potentially market changing technologies and partnerships on the horizon...  You are closed minded as fuck.  Sony could fuck up and MS could completely capitalize... we don't know.

This gen does not equal next gen.  Xbox One was a failure...

You can only see a vision where Sony does everything perfectly and MS at best stays the same as it currently is.... you say this despite HUGE rumors of potentially market changing technologies and partnerships on the horizon...  You are closed minded as fuck.  Sony could fuck up and MS could completely capitalize... we don't know.

Dude even Bodycount a person that bought like 5 XBoxes has a hard time justifying it being a priority over Nintendo and Sony. You talk exclusives, but they're already coming to PC although lets assume thats a different market. But Switch is a console competitor, and not only that a massively more popular one.

It ain't even about streaming. It's about the brand being devalued. The only customers you're going to get is Jonbo.

Dude, I'm answering the question he asked.  He didn't ask what fps ACO ran at.. he asked what Goggle is capable of... and it's capable of streaming at 60fps.. because that's what it streamed ACO at.  Of course FPS between games is going to vary... just like they do running natively on hardware..

And yes.. it's just a beta.  I've been in literally every game streaming service beta that there is besides that one... which was US only.. and didn't matter because I already know it was a 60fps stream.  All of them are 60fps streams.

So did I, based on the only damn game that was available, which was Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Unless you have some other proof of another game or Assassin's Creed Odyssey running at 60fps on Project Stream please feel free to provide evidence.

Not only did I get accepted into the beta, I also tried it out for myself. The game ran at 30fps, end of story. There's nothing there indicating that Google's Project Stream isn't capable of 60fps, but based on my experience and many others the game was running at 30fps. :shrug:  It looks like Google is going to have something to say at GDC 2019 so we'll get all the details then. No one here is saying Project Stream isn't capable of 60fps, but seeing as how Project Stream is running on AMD GPUs it's a possibility that they might not be able to hit 60fps. :drake:

Just now, Team 2019 said:

Dude even Bodycount a person that bought like 5 XBoxes has a hard time justifying it being a priority over Nintendo and Sony. You talk exclusives, but they're already coming to PC although lets assume thats a different market. But Switch is a console competitor, and not only that a massively more popular one.

It ain't even about streaming. It's about the brand being devalued. The only customers you're going to get is Jonbo.

I'm talking about hardware being compelling for different user bases..  The large majority of console gamers will want a high end machine which runs games natively.  A small portion will possibly stream.  A different portion will play on PC, and another portion on Switch or other devices.

Their main console market isn't going away because their games are also on other devices... these people want CONSOLES that connect to the TV.. and a simple streamlined native experience.  That's not going away.  There's really high end players who have high end PCs and will play there.. but it's a small amount.

They will have hardware out there for console folks.. the difference will be when it's less custom and more off the shelf.. because of all the work they've done with integrating Windows and DX12/DXR into it.

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

So did I, based on the only damn game that was available, which was Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Unless you have some other proof of another game or Assassin's Creed Odyssey running at 60fps on Project Stream please feel free to provide evidence.

Not only did I get accepted into the beta, I also tried it out for myself. The game ran at 30fps, end of story. There's nothing there indicating that Google's Project Stream isn't capable of 60fps, but based on my experience and many others the game was running at 30fps. :shrug:  It looks like Google is going to have something to say at GDC 2019 so we'll get all the details then. No one here is saying Project Stream isn't capable of 60fps, but seeing as how Project Stream is running on AMD GPUs it's a possibility that they might not be able to hit 60fps. :drake:

Nah, even Digital Foundry confirms it streams as 60fps...

Perhaps not surprisingly (bearing in mind the PC version's prodigious appetite for CPU power), the Stream version of Assassin's Creed Odyssey runs capped at 30 frames per second. However, the video transmitted to the user is 60fps, and in detail-rich scenes, the duplicate frames can be seen to resolve more detail, adding a very, very slight strobe to image quality.

The stream is 60fps. Period.

I'm talking about hardware being compelling for different user bases..  The large majority of console gamers will want a high end machine which runs games natively.  A small portion will possibly stream.  A different portion will play on PC, and another portion on Switch or other devices.

Their main console market isn't going away because their games are also on other devices... these people want CONSOLES that connect to the TV.. and a simple streamlined native experience.  That's not going away.  There's really high end players who have high end PCs and will play there.. but it's a small amount.

They will have hardware out there for console folks.. the difference will be when it's less custom and more off the shelf.. because of all the work they've done with integrating Windows and DX12/DXR into it.

So basically they're going to diminish there hardware even further, to the point even porting to Playstation will make more sense, and release 20 XBox models so Jon buys all 20 of them?

I can get behind that.

Nah, even Digital Foundry confirms it streams as 60fps...

The stream is 60fps. Period.

You completely missed the most important part, "the Stream version of Assassin's Creed Odyssey runs capped at 30 frames per second". :snoop:

I'm seriously sick of arguing with you about this. You're being beyond retarded about this entire thing especially knowing that I participated in the beta yet you continue to ignore it. You even go as far as quoting Digital Foundry and blatantly miss the most important aspect of the entire article you copy/pasted from. Ignorance is bliss, I suppose. :shrug:

Just put it away and move on. :roll:

11 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

You completely missed the most important part, "the Stream version of Assassin's Creed Odyssey runs capped at 30 frames per second". :snoop:

No.. that is NOT the important part.  The important part is what Googles service streams at... ie.. the latency added on top of the game. ACO is a 30fps game on consoles...  A 30fps game with more laggy controls in general is better suited as a test for streaming because it naturally requires less precision.  What's important here is that Google's service STREAMS at 60fps... and not 30fps... which would greatly increase latency...

Cmon man... I shouldn't have to tell you this shit.  Holy fuck.. simply retarded :tom: 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No.. that is NOT the important part.  The important part is what Googles service streams at... ie.. the latency added on top of the game. ACO is a 30fps game on consoles...  A 30fps game with more laggy controls in general is better suited as a test for streaming because it naturally requires less precision.  What's important here is that Google's service STREAMS at 60fps... and not 30fps... which would greatly increase latency...

Cmon man... I shouldn't have to tell you this shit.  Holy fuck.. simply retarded :tom: 

Your dumbfuckery literally has no bounds. You obviously have zero idea how any of this works nor even read your reference material. If it was 60fps then why is latency on par with PlayStation Now? Go ahead and shit out more ignorance on that question. 

Honestly Remij all your positions on XBox hardware's place in the future is the most demoralizing shit I have ever seen from a console gamer's perspective. Even if you take out all the SW bullshit.

Just some niche slapped together after thought, while the XCloud service division gobbles up the majority of their gaming budget. Sure it means first party investment, but the hardware division. I almost feel sorry for them, they're working their ass off, they want to be the next  360 not some secondary niche.