Looks like I'm buying an electric car

As soon as this thing gets brought to the US market I'm absolutely buying one. This is the first electric vehicle I've been blown away by. The outside looks great and unique but not in a gay way, the interior is very well thought out, classy and comfortable, it's got pretty good range for being a compact and it's rear wheel drive.  It's a very interesting watch if you want to take the time.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

I'd rethinking buying something with the word prototype in it.

you didn't play prototype/prototype 2? :mjgrin:

Why aren't they making the roofs and hoods solar panels so it's a always charging in daylight? Seems like a logical thing to do. They've got those flexible thin panels now

1 hour ago, Cookester15 said:

Why aren't they making the roofs and hoods solar panels so it's a always charging in daylight? Seems like a logical thing to do. They've got those flexible thin panels now

Because there isn't nearly enough real estate on the outside of a car to justify the price of the panels.

17 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

125 miles. They're not even bringing it to the US because the range is such a poor fit here.

Meh, here in Seattle they'd work out with that mileage. For the price though, it'd just be better to get a Model 3.

25 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

:holeup:

It's a commuter and city car, they also make note of a higher range model when battery technology advances further. 125 miles is pretty far, and it can charge to 80% in 30 minutes so probably 40 minutes for a full charge. That's pretty good. 

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce said:

Then buy your Mini Cooper with downs. I don't care.

Don't get all offended, if you're going to compare it it should be noted.

If you work on the car yourself or tamper with anything they revoke your ability to supercharge the car. You can't buy parts from Tesla. You can only have the car serviced by Tesla. If you get in a fender bender and don't spend whatever extortionist amount they decide it costs to fix you can't supercharge the car. 

Tesla is a shitty company.