Google GDC Keynote today in ~2hours at 10am PDT

Just now, jehurey said:

Google needs to work on their own CoD/Battle Royale clone.

Epic Games won't give them Fortnite, because it would have to go through the Google Play store (which they don't do).

EA may or may not give them Apex

CoD players already have consoles and are creatures of habit.

They need their own CoD for people to get into multiplayer matches at anytime from anywhere.

based on how much this is riding on the youtube community, i bet their first game is a battle royale title. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's like if the names of an erectile dysfunction pill and an artificial sweetener had a kid. Shit's awful.

In that video, I seem to have mostly see Tomb Raider, Trials Rising, so that may mean Square Enix and Ubisoft.   Playing Trials Rising from my phone anywhere?????????

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Google needs to work on their own CoD/Battle Royale clone.

Epic Games won't give them Fortnite, because it would have to go through the Google Play store (which they don't do).

EA may or may not give them Apex

CoD players already have consoles and are creatures of habit.

They need their own CoD for people to get into multiplayer matches at anytime from anywhere.

I can't say you're wrong because BR games are still growing, but I think they need to spend time looking for that next big thing.  BR games are growing so quickly that I think they're going to fizzle out just as fast.  Nobody plays Angry Birds anymore, and that shit was everywhere.

I'd want the next Minecraft on the platform more than the next Fortnite.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Anyone notice the lack of Japanese support? The service isnt even launching in Asia this year apparently.

Japanese developers aren't exactly known for their online implementations.

8 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Hold up, nobody's asking the important question: does that controller have a gyroscope in it?

The most common PC controller, the Xbox controllers, don't use gyroscope.

As far as I can tell, the games running on their servers are pretty much Windows PC versions, or Vulkan/Linux versions, so its pretty much PC gaming being done on the server side.

They're not going to have gyroscopes.

Correction: they definitely are using Linux servers running Vulkan.

Edited by jehurey

I like the comparison of current generation consoles. 4.2TF (PS4 Pro), 6.0TF (One X) and then 10.7TF (Stadia). They should have compared it to base consoles since that's the majority console userbase. Now that we know Stadia is utilizing 10.7TF GPUs I think we can safely say next generation PlayStation/Xbox consoles are going to be above or on par with that.

4 minutes ago, Pureis said:

Notice how they didn’t mention anything about latency? That’s the biggest issue with streaming.

Most definitely. An argument I've been making for years now, but we already have an idea of what the latency is like from the beta. It is on par or slightly worse than PlayStation Now.

10 minutes ago, Pureis said:

Notice how they didn’t mention anything about latency? That’s the biggest issue with streaming.

I'm less worried about that than I am about ISPs throttling the service.

50 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Most definitely. An argument I've been making for years now, but we already have an idea of what the latency is like from the beta. It is on par or slightly worse than PlayStation Now.

DF says it's about equal to native Xbox x

12 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Nah, it was a good 30-35ms.

It was fine for AssCreed Odyssey.

Would I play a fighting game on this? Probably not.

For alot of games it will be fine. There's alot of people who are perfectly okay with playing Fortnite on their phones, and that lag must be worse.

I said I would like to play Trials Rising from my phone, but with me trying to play as perfect as possible, I don't know if the lag will break the experience for me.