[S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT

10 hours ago, Remij_ said:

8 season long red herring :tom: 

God Vini and Deeno are dumb as fuck :D 

Madmaltese, let's just let them enjoy their garbage.

No you just have no clue about what you're even arguing, trying to sound smart jumping on the nitpick bandwagon. 

Are you now claiming that the NK was not a red herring? Because that's literally what happened. He got killed by a child.

And guess what else remember 8 seasons of Dany being the protagonist of the show? I'm pretty sure she's about to lose her mind and get Ned Starked. And I can't wait to see your reactions. 

Edited by Vini
  • Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"You will never walk again, Bran."   You couldn't ask for a better person to sit on the Iron Throne than a paraplegic.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Vini said:

No you just have no clue about what you're even arguing, trying to sound smart jumping on the nitpick bandwagon. 

Are you now claiming that the NK was not a red herring? Because that's literally what happened. He got killed by a child.

And guess what else remember 8 seasons of Dany being the protagonist of the show? I'm pretty sure she's about to lose her mind and get Ned Starked. And I can't wait to see your reactions. 

No.. it's just that there's no sense in arguing about stuff to people who literally don't care.

You don't care that this season has sucked... you don't care that they did nothing with the NK, you don't care that the decisions that these characters are making are completely retarded... and you don't care that the writing is terrible.  You're blissfully ignorant.  What the fuck am I supposed to argue with you about?  They've completely fucked up the series... but you love it.  So just shut the fuck up and be happy with it. 

I am happy about it. And these characters have always been making retarded decisions. Tyrion has never been useful, literally the worst hand for any king to have. Dany has constantly almost got herself killed for being hotheaded since season 1, luck is her only saving grace. Jon has always been too heroic for his own good, always doing what's right over sensible. Robb well you know what Robb did his family slaughter is on him. Jamie finally embraced what he has always been -Cercei's cuck. Sansa and Arya are both clever but still probably too loyal to each other and their family. Same shit that got Ned killed.

Tywin and to a lesser extent Cercei are the only characters on the show consistently calculating the best moves. 

some of these characters have grown, others tried to grow and failed. I don't see any issues here. Nothing feels out of place for me. 

Edited by Vini
1 hour ago, -GD- said:

Man...I like dissecting shows too. But fuck..some of you guys go overboard. 

It’s been a fun, love/hate journey. There have been good/great/epic/ok/bad moments throughout the series. Even if the finale disappoints, it’s ok. Season 5 sucked, and there have been many dull episodes throughout the show  (yes, even in seasons 2 and 3). But, as a whole, I’ve enjoyed the ride. I hope I love the final 2 eps. But I’m ok if I don’t.

so much this. 

These guys are pissed not everyone hates the show as much as they do now but yet can't articulate exactly what's wrong with the plot they hate so much

Euron is a useless plot device/disruptor - yeah, guess what so was littlefinger in season 1,  Stannis in 2-4, Ramsey in 5-6 and the Night King in 7-8. And yes he has aimbot. 

Dany should've seen the attack coming - so let's see here, with her closest right hand man dead, her legitimacy to the throne revoked, one of her dragons dead and little to no army left - no she's having a full blown meltdown, I don't think she's thinking straight and that much was clear last episode.

I'm not even getting into the other retarded things these people bitch about

8 minutes ago, Vini said:

These guys are pissed not everyone hates the show as much as they do now but yet can't articulate exactly what's wrong with the plot they hate so much

Euron is a useless plot device/disruptor - yeah, guess what so was littlefinger in season 1,  Stannis in 2-4, Ramsey in 5-6 and the Night King in 7-8. And yes he has aimbot. 

Dany should've seen the attack coming - so let's see here, with her closest right hand man dead, her legitimacy to the throne revoked, one of her dragons dead and little to no army left - no she's having a full blown meltdown, I don't think she's thinking straight and that much was clear last episode.

I'm not even getting into the other retarded things these people bitch about

:cry: Remi and Madmal don't like something I like :cry: 

Shut the fuck up Vini jesus.. you've droned on for 3 fucking pages now continually trying to goad us into arguing more with you.  You're not worth arguing with about this :tom: 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

:cry: Remi and Madmal don't like something I like :cry: 

Shut the fuck up Vini jesus.. you've droned on for 3 fucking pages now continually trying to goad us into arguing more with you.  You're not worth arguing with about this :tom: 

Bitch please nobody cares about your geeky complaints about every plot beat. I let you idiots drone on for 10 pages before I jumped in. Now I'm gonna call you out every time you endlessly bitch about shit that would barely knock a single point off the whole experience in retrospect

These are the same people who bitched about Ed Sheeran's cameo and dissect Star Wars movies and shit. 

Edited by Vini
11 hours ago, Goukosan said:

@Remij_ and @madmaltese.... Where in the show was it implied that there was more back story to the night king than what they already had shown? 

The children of the night, the 3 eyed Raven, Bran and his flashbacks already gave us the Entire back story of the Night's King. 

Where are you guys getting it from, that there wae supposedly more to him than being weapon of mass destruction that couldn't be controlled? 

I already replied to Vini with that answer regarding the info bran gave us, and again, there is so much more back story that that story is getting it's own damn show lol (again the reason I believe it's cut from here)

And for the last time, I've posted here after every ep saying I enjoyed every single one so far, but it does has faults. I'm enjoying the show for what it has become now but it has changed. The only reason I'm even arguing in this thread is because Vini is saying some incredibly dumbass shit (NK not conscious :D) because he can't even handle the slighest criticism against a tv show. 

• Like 1

I just find it funny that simply pointing out that the White Walkers were a red herring is somehow a defense that's actually being used in this thread as if red herrings can't be executed poorly and leave viewers/readers feeling cheated.

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

I just find it funny that simply pointing out that the White Walkers were a red herring is somehow a defense that's actually being used in this thread as if red herrings can't be executed poorly and leave viewers/readers feeling cheated.

*cough* Lost's smoke monster *cough* :meh:

i actually liked the explanation of the smoke monster in Lost. it was far-fetched, but i dug it. 

the worst thing about Lost was the Jacob/man in black back story. terrible. 

39 minutes ago, -GD- said:

i actually liked the explanation of the smoke monster in Lost. it was far-fetched, but i dug it. 

the worst thing about Lost was the Jacob/man in black back story. terrible. 

everytime i try to rewatch lost i get bored after charlie drowns for some reason idk guess i like that part

35 minutes ago, kaz said:

everytime i try to rewatch lost i get bored after charlie drowns for some reason idk guess i like that part

to give the message "it's not penny's boat" 

1 hour ago, kaz said:

Season 3 finale is still the best season finale ever made on TV. "We have to go back, Kate." was just fucking epic.

By not watching Season 4 you miss "The Constant" which was the best episode of the show.

17 minutes ago, Ike said:

Season 3 finale is still the best season finale ever made on TV. "We have to go back, Kate." was just fucking epic.

By not watching Season 4 you miss "The Constant" which was the best episode of the show.

i've seen the constant like 10 times. it's still in my top 10 favorite tv eps ever, along with BB'S ozymandias and the shield's family meeting. 

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I'm not even upset or letdown by the show's current direction; it's more just indifference. At this point I really don't care how it turns out - it just seems like a show wrapping up neatly, instead of Game of Thrones; where your favourites are at risk, or are dead; and the plot goes off on a related tangent, but not one you saw coming.

7 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I'll be honest, I'm not even upset or letdown by the show's current direction; it's more just indifference. At this point I really don't care how it turns out - it just seems like a show wrapping up neatly, instead of Game of Thrones; where your favourites are at risk, or are dead; and the plot goes off on a related tangent, but not one you saw coming.

100% agreed the show is at a different place and pace now it's accelerating to a finish point. The third act can't possibly have the same novel shock value of your favorite characters dying because the story is wrapping up anyway. 

12 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

I would actually argue red herrings are more often than not distastefully done. I didn't mind it in this show because I've seen no proof of the NK representing anything but mindless chaos. 

On 2019-05-09 at 9:08 PM, madmaltese said:

I already replied to Vini with that answer regarding the info bran gave us, and again, there is so much more back story that that story is getting it's own damn show lol (again the reason I believe it's cut from here)

And for the last time, I've posted here after every ep saying I enjoyed every single one so far, but it does has faults. I'm enjoying the show for what it has become now but it has changed. The only reason I'm even arguing in this thread is because Vini is saying some incredibly dumbass shit (NK not conscious :D) because he can't even handle the slighest criticism against a tv show. 

stand by the NK not being conscious. He's not any more conscious than a queen bee is.

And I'm fine with any legit criticism of the show

On 2019-05-05 at 10:27 PM, Remij_ said:

They've completely fucked the entire thing up.  The show is a fucking joke. :tom: 

On 2019-05-07 at 7:44 PM, Remij_ said:

Holy fuck I agree with this 100%.

Pure garbage :D 

This ain't legit criticism. At best you're baiting to troll fans. And that video is unwatchable

Edited by Vini
  • Teh_Diplomat changed the title to [S8 EPISODE 6] Game of Thrones final season thread (dedicated to cubeaholic) OPEN SPOILERS NOW DON'T COME IN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT
  • madmaltese★ locked this topic