Google Stadia Connect - June 6th 9am PDT - Launch info, price, game announcements + more

Just now, Remij_ said:

It's because that's what the tech enables... that's what it does to disrupt well routed industries... cmon man rofl...

The simple fact that you're only thinking about Xbox here gives away your intentions with regards to this subject.  You're not interesting in talking about streaming and the future... you're interested in talking down Xbox and MS..  Get outta here with that lame shit.

No.

The name of the game........is games. Always has been, always will be.

The phone industry, with its 800 million phones currently active around the world......should've killed the 3DS.

And you made a NEW excuse for that even though highly success mobile phone games exist.

New technology doesn't not kill "old" technology........unless new technology has games as good as old technology. Its that simple.

And the plain fact of the matter is that xCloud is going to be running on Xbox One S, the xCloud first-party lineup is probably going to be designed on weak hardware.

Streaming isn't going to compensate for that.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sony still has about 7 hours, the PS5 reveal could still happen today!    

I don't know how you guys can think streaming isn't going to be the future. It's where the majority of gamers will migrate to, once the service can be delivered. Regardless of how you feel about the s

*cough*    

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

They'll have more games this year, clearly.

Oh yeah , who cares about those 8 month droughts . I guess they can stream games during these droughts , soon 

10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No.

The name of the game........is games. Always has been, always will be.

The phone industry, with its 800 million phones currently active around the world......should've killed the 3DS.

And you made a NEW excuse for that even though highly success mobile phone games exist.

New technology doesn't not kill "old" technology........unless new technology has games as good as old technology. Its that simple.

And the plain fact of the matter is that xCloud is going to be running on Xbox One S, the xCloud first-party lineup is probably going to be designed on weak hardware.

Streaming isn't going to compensate for that.

It will though... because they will make more money converting people from buying consoles and games... to subscribing to services..  As more people begin to stream games... the less those companies will invest in dedicated hardware.  That's wasted money... because they don't really make that much in terms of their business off the hardware.

The 3ds and phones had fundamentally different games designed around their specific devices and userbases.  The idea is that the device wont matter anymore.  Sony is already investing in this... and Nintendo is apparently in talks with MS as well..  It's not like they are purposefully going to hold out on this... they want to be where the market is going.  They all know it.  Once you get brand new Nintendo and Sony games day and date on a streaming service.. then their hardware starts to become less relevant.  It's happening man.  It wont be instantly... but once it's "good enough" they will all be there.  And then they'll stop making their own devices.

All of these console manufacturers are essentially one console fuck up away from completely bowing out of the hardware side.  Nintendo wont deal with another WiiU level disaster again..  after that.. they're done and they will either go 3rd party and/or stream.

4 minutes ago, -GD- said:

game streaming and dedicated consoles/pc gaming will co-exist. 

For a while, of course.  Probably this gen and the next.  But after that... nah, I don't see Sony or Nintendo, and especially not MS making dedicated consoles.

Just look at where they are all going.  Cross play, Cross buy, cross this, cross that.  Streaming services.. here use my controller, oh you.. no use mine :fag:

They're all gonna get in bed with each other and instead of investing in hardware they are going to invest in studios and diversifying their content so that they can sell it everywhere.

I remember Remij telling back at the start of the gen this will be the last disc based system back in 2013/2014. Yet PS5 has a disc drive in all units, and they aren't even bothering to test out digital only even with PS4 side model.

So "teh future" with no basis aside from being just "teh future" is not an argument.

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I remember Remij telling back at the start of the gen this will be the last disc based system back in 2013/2014. Yet PS5 has a disc drive in all units, and they aren't even bothering to test out digital only even with PS4 side model.

So "teh future" with no basis aside from being just "teh future" is not an argument.

What?  You're completely talking out of your fucking ass.  God damn you have no fucking shame :D 

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Sony still has about 7 hours, the PS5 reveal could still happen today!

:kaz:

• Haha 3
9 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

We had arguements over this, and you told me a digital only PS4 was inevitable and it was the last non digital gen. :|

No I never did.  Why would I speak about digital only PS4's in 2013/14?  We already knew the PS4 would have a disc drive.  You're probably fucking up shit that I've said about Xbox being always online being future looking...

You're talking out your fucking ass man.  The only arguments we've had are regarding gens and disc-less or digital has been from this gen on.. and even then I never said the next gen would be digital only...  That's complete fucking bullshit.

Just now, jehurey said:

Its better than 12 month droughts. :drake:

Switch is the weakest in terms of games . If you dont want to replay inferior ports you played last gen you aren't playing shit .

You are a prime example .

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

It will though... because they will make more money converting people from buying consoles and games... to subscribing to services..  As more people begin to stream games... the less those companies will invest in dedicated hardware.  That's wasted money... because they don't really make that much in terms of their business off the hardware.

The 3ds and phones had fundamentally different games designed around their specific devices and userbases.  The idea is that the device wont matter anymore.  Sony is already investing in this... and Nintendo is apparently in talks with MS as well..  It's not like they are purposefully going to hold out on this... they want to be where the market is going.  They all know it.  Once you get brand new Nintendo and Sony games day and date on a streaming service.. then their hardware starts to become less relevant.  It's happening man.  It wont be instantly... but once it's "good enough" they will all be there.  And then they'll stop making their own devices.

All of these console manufacturers are essentially one console fuck up away from completely bowing out of the hardware side.  Nintendo wont deal with another WiiU level disaster again..  after that.. they're done and they will either go 3rd party and/or stream.

The people who are pushing streaming subscription have one thing in common.

They aren't currently developing a single game that is exciting people.

Mario Maker 2 on a streaming service or integrated in some web browser would be a hit.................because its a premier video game company making a highly addictive and appealing game to the masses.

And if Google and Microsoft don't have that, then the "tech" doesn't matter, now matter how nifty it is.

You have no idea what Sony is doing, but one thing is certain, the people in charge of Sony's console design have absolutely no knowledge of this server business deal. That should be enough of a sign that Sony Gaming Division hasn't factored in streaming in any major way.

5 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Switch is the weakest in terms of games . If you dont want to replay inferior ports you played last gen you aren't playing shit .

You are a prime example .

Nope, it isn't.  Not my fault than even Microsoft isn't even going to give you a new Forza this year. LOL

Jesus, that's going to be a 16 to 23 month drought. :tom:

Edited by jehurey
26 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

No I never did.  Why would I speak about digital only PS4's in 2013/14?  We already knew the PS4 would have a disc drive.  You're probably fucking up shit that I've said about Xbox being always online being future looking...

You're talking out your fucking ass man.  The only arguments we've had are regarding gens and disc-less or digital has been from this gen on.. and even then I never said the next gen would be digital only...  That's complete fucking bullshit.

I didn't say PS4 was going to be digital, your argument was making a digital PS4 down the line was inevitable and I should kiss game collecting goodbye with PS5.

What if the "inevitable digital future" that people were talking about is an inevitable as streaming future for the next 20 years. The only thing we have to show from our start of the gen discussions right now is the XBox SAD, and fuck we even got a CART based system out that's killing all sales records.

Edited by Team 2019
Just now, Team 2019 said:

I didn't say PS4 was going to be digital, your argument was making a digital PS4 was inevitable and I should kiss game collecting goodbye with PS5.

What if the "inevitable digital future" that people were talking about is an inevitable as streaming future for the next 20 years. The only thing have to show from our start of the gen discussions right now is the XBox SAD, and fuck we even got a CART based system out that's killing all sales records.

I never said they would make a digital only PS4... and most certainly not in 2013/14 :tom: 

Also, I said you should kiss game collecting goodbye in the future... I didn't state specifically with PS5.

And you should :reg: 

Hindsight is 20/20. People that said no one would want to lose the option of discs for a measly 50 bucks was called craz (Hello XBox SAD), and if you said retail is growing in 2019 or at the very least not shrinking would be called a retrograde dinosaur.

Replace digital console future, with teh streaming future. Except digital doesn't actually downgrade your experience and shit you latency issues.

Imagine if you said back in the 2009 mobile era the best selling system in 2019 would be a handheld.

Just stop with this enevitable future shit.

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Hindsight is 20/20. People that said no one would want to lose the option of discs for a measly 50 bucks was called craz (Hello XBox SAD), and if you said retail is growing in 2019 or at the very least not shrinking would be called a retrograde dinosaur.

Replace digital console future, with teh streaming future. Except digital doesn't actually downgrade your experience and shit you latency issues.

Imagine if you said back in the 2009 mobile era the best selling system in 2019 would be a handheld.

65% of The Witcher 3's sales are digital, it's not inevitable, it's here. 

:yeshrug:

5 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Not my fault any time someone talks about the future you interpret that to mean by the next generation... or instantly.. :roll: