More high level/senior devs leave 343 Industries

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Nope, and like that developer from Dice said titles don't necessarily correlate to importance on a project. A games development with 500 people at the helm doesn't have a bus factor of 1, or 20, or 50, or 200. 

Ah, so those 500 people are of the same importance in design and decision making?

So........if the game flops............the ENTIRE studio's talent level is suspect?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another 7.0 in the making.   Oh well, $1 on PS5 gamepass and I'll bite.  

he probably wanted to steer the storyline out of SJW territory and they told him to get lost.

Again like I told Remij and the rest of the people here about Gears 5 when they were all freaking out, these developers don't operate around delusional fanboy timeframes and just because they're not j

Just now, jehurey said:

Ah, so those 500 people are of the same importance in design and decision making?

So........if the game flops............the ENTIRE studio's talent level is suspect?

Turnovers happen all the time, some people have contracted obligations to fulfill a certain task and then they're done with the project. People come, people go, it doesn't mean anything. 

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Why are you moving onto Forza games?

Nobody is talking about that, and nobody is saying that Turn10 under-delivered with providing Forza games for all Xbox hardware owners.

Stop trying to change the subject to "better pastures" that's not working with me.

Deverlopment of Halo Infinite has existed since 2015. 313i is not some rinky-dink small studio.

Sorry, you're not dismissing Brad Sams.

The rumor carries weight.

So answer the question, if more top people leave 343i during this 2019 year, would that be a sign of troubled development, yes or no.

There's no point in you trying to downplay how you talked about the Xbox One X during 2016, 2017, 2018. It was the PRIMARY thing all lemmings talked about when defending the platform in general. Do not lie about this.

Because I'm talking about YOU.. and what YOU said about their dev studios.  So yes... you were talking about that.

I'm not changing the subject... I'm raping you on the subject YOU changed it to.

Development of Halo Infinite is fine.  Creating a new engine from scratch and a game.... takes about that long.  How can you be that dumb?

Sorry, I'll dismiss RUMORS whenever I feel like it... and it doesn't matter if they're true or not.  As other game developers and industry people are saying... about this specific situation.  People leave all the time and it doesn't mean anything.

So if more people leave 343i this year... nah.. it's not a sign of troubled development.  It's a sign that the game is closer to completion than people think, and likely that the remainder of the team is working on creating, polishing and improving the Scarlett version so that it's ready for launch.

Jerry... There's no point in trying to project what I say and think onto what Phil Spencer has said and done.  He said something... well documented... and it ended up being exactly that.

So you're NEVER EVER going to win that argument.  Deal with it dude.

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

What is scalability? Is Gears 5 a nightmarish experience on the original Xbox One? No, each platform is targeted independently and one isn't holding back the other. 

So are you telling me that there could be entirely BIG OPEN AREAS in the Scarlett version of Halo Infinite than WON'T BE on the OG Xbox One and One S before of memory and bandwidth limitations that CLEARLY will exist?

So............by that metric, 343i fucked over original XBox One buyers because the "real" version of Halo Infinite will exist on Scarlett, right?

It could mean anything from the amount of NPCs, to the amount of environmental destruction in a scene. If we see it clearly gimped across platforms, then some Xbox owners got fucked, right?

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

So are you telling me that there could be entirely BIG OPEN AREAS in the Scarlett version of Halo Infinite than WON'T BE on the OG Xbox One and One S before of memory and bandwidth limitations that CLEARLY will exist?

So............by that metric, 343i fucked over original XBox One buyers because the "real" version of Halo Infinite will exist on Scarlett, right?

It could mean anything from the amount of NPCs, to the amount of environmental destruction in a scene. If we see it clearly gimped across platforms, then some Xbox owners got fucked, right?

I love how you try to turn COMPLETELY NORMAL AND TRADITIONAL DIFFERENCES BETWEEN CONSOLE GENERATION GAMES, into something that is "gimped" and that they're "fucked over"...

It's going to be the same game... The PC and Scarlett versions will simply look and feel superior. 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Because I'm talking about YOU.. and what YOU said about their dev studios.  So yes... you were talking about that.

I'm not changing the subject... I'm raping you on the subject YOU changed it to.

Development of Halo Infinite is fine.  Creating a new engine from scratch and a game.... takes about that long.  How can you be that dumb?

Sorry, I'll dismiss RUMORS whenever I feel like it... and it doesn't matter if they're true or not.  As other game developers and industry people are saying... about this specific situation.

So if more people leave 343i this year... nah.. it's not a sign of troubled development.  It's a sign that the game is closer to completion than people think, and likely that the team is working on creating, polishing and improving the Scarlett version as well.

Jerry... There's no point in trying to project what I say and think onto what Phil Spencer has said and done.  He said something... well documented... and it ended up being exactly that.

So you're NEVER EVER going to win that argument.  Deal with it dude.

Nope, you're trying to get me to argue the merits of Forza development.

Not gonna work.

Halo development, and 343i development has shown signs of trouble before.

Halo 4 and 5 were just disappointing games.

And then after that Halo MCC was a trouble product that had issues, and 343i looked even worse by not being able to address those issues without some major overhauling.

And now we have a 4 year old Halo project in which they haven't been able to show actual gameplay.  You have absolutely no evidence to point when saying things are "fine" They haven't done this before.

Sorry...............Brad Sams carries more weight than you. Always has, always will.

If you want to challenge it to dismiss it.............its gonna take more than your word, you're gonna need something else.  Or else the rumor stands on its own.

Just now, jehurey said:

Nope, rational people understand that better hardware can do more. Whatever this game is the peak of the respective hardware it is run on will be shown through in how it's handled. Each platform will see the maximum of what it was ever capable of doing in this Halo game. Are people on Gears 5 getting fucked over on the Xbox One S because it's 30 FPS on their platform and it's 60 on the X? No, it's better hardware, it can do more, people understand this. 

Do you think if a Scarlett version didn't exist that retroactively the Xbox One S could have done more? That's not how it works, this stuff will all be coded for scalability from the peaks of the highest mountain to the bottom of the lowest valley, it's no different than any game on PC.

Just now, jehurey said:

Nope, you're trying to get me to argue the merits of Forza development.

Not gonna work.

Halo development, and 343i development has shown signs of trouble before.

Halo 4 and 5 were just disappointing games.

And then after that Halo MCC was a trouble product that had issues, and 343i looked even worse by not being able to address those issues without some major overhauling.

And now we have a 4 year old Halo project in which they haven't been able to show actual gameplay.  You have absolutely no evidence to point when saying things are "fine" They haven't done this before.

Sorry...............Brad Sams carries more weight than you. Always has, always will.

If you want to challenge it to dismiss it.............its gonna take more than your word, you're gonna need something else.  Or else the rumor stands on its own.

I challenged and dismissed your entire post already in my previous post.

You literally have nothing left to say.

You're SO repeating the same nonsense in fact... that I think... it's almost time... for this thread... to come to a close :trump: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I love how you try to turn COMPLETELY NORMAL AND TRADITIONAL DIFFERENCES BETWEEN CONSOLE GENERATION GAMES, into something that is "gimped" and that they're "fucked over"...

It's going to be the same game... The PC and Scarlett versions will simply look and feel superior. 

That's not normal.

The best case, and MOST HONORABLE scenario is that 343i does right by their original promise and design a Halo game with the Xbox One OG as their primary version.

The worst case scenario is that they shifted over the primary version to Scarlett and fucked over loyal Xbox consumers who dropped $500 on them back in 2013. Possibly another $400 on them in 2016, or $500 on them in 2017.

If there is additional things, additional features occurring in the Scarlett game (not talking about resolution or framerate).........they officially fucked over 2013-2019 Xbox consumers. That's a fact.

Just now, jehurey said:

That's not normal.

The best case, and MOST HONORABLE scenario is that 343i does right by their original promise and design a Halo game with the Xbox One OG as their primary version.

The worst case scenario is that they shifted over the primary version to Scarlett and fucked over loyal Xbox consumers who dropped $500 on them back in 2013. Possibly another $400 on them in 2016, or $500 on them in 2017.

If there is additional things, additional features occurring in the Scarlett game (not talking about resolution or framerate).........they officially fucked over 2013-2019 Xbox consumers. That's a fact.

Or, or hear me out... They simply make the Scarlett version look and operate multitudes better while being the same fundamental video game.

WOW, what a concept!

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Nope, rational people understand that better hardware can do more. Whatever this game is the peak of the respective hardware it is run on will be shown through in how it's handled. Each platform will see the maximum of what it was ever capable of doing in this Halo game. Are people on Gears 5 getting fucked over on the Xbox One S because it's 30 FPS on their platform and it's 60 on the X? No, it's better hardware, it can do more, people understand this. 

Do you think if a Scarlett version didn't exist that retroactively the Xbox One S could have done more? That's not how it works, this stuff will all be coded for scalability from the peaks of the highest mountain to the bottom of the lowest valley, it's no different than any game on PC.

Gears 5 is feature-complete.

Framerate is noticeable, but I wouldn't say they got "fucked over" because at least we have a history of Gears games being 30fps.

If Scarlett has additional features that the previous gen hardware does not do when playing the game..........Microsoft fucked over 2013-2019 Xbox owners.

You really can't argue against that.............you know that's true.  And you PRE-EMPTIVELY laying down that damage control isn't going to work.

I'll start declaring it right now in 2019 if you guys are trying to damage control that.

That's not normal.

Nobody got fucked.  The game is coming to both platforms.  Will be the game it was always going to be on XO... will be better on Scarlett.  The funny thing being of course that unlike GCN/Wii versions of Twilight Princess, and the WiiU/Switch versions of Breath of the Wild... is that the Scarlett version of Halo Infinite will actually look and run better on the newer platform... instead of essentially the same shit. :mj: 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Or, or hear me out... They simply make the Scarlett version look and operate multitudes better while being the same fundamental video game.

WOW, what a concept!

No.

The game is....................late.

Xbox One owners are currently waiting.

If they wait and find out "oh........my version won't have this, I'll have to buy new hardware if I ever want to experience that"..........then Microsoft has officially fucked them over.

Especially if you see such features in their marketing when they eventually get around to SHOWING the game.

Framerate is noticeable, but I wouldn't say they got "fucked over" because at least we have a history of Gears games being 30fps.

If Scarlett has additional features that the previous gen hardware does not do when playing the game..........Microsoft fucked over 2013-2019 Xbox owners.

You really can't argue against that.............you know that's true.  And you PRE-EMPTIVELY laying down that damage control isn't going to work.

I'll start declaring it right now in 2019 if you guys are trying to damage control that.

Everything is scalable Jerry, EVERYTHING. The only "feature" Scarlett can have that the others cannot is extensive ray tracing. 

Physics and destruction, LoD's, foliage, geometry, textures, reflections, shadows, models, resolution, framerate etc, it's all scalable. 

Just now, Remij_ said:

Nobody got fucked.  The game is coming to both platforms.  Will be the game it was always going to be on XO... will be better on Scarlett.  The funny thing being of course that unlike GCN/Wii versions of Twilight Princess, and the WiiU/Switch versions of Breath of the Wild... is that the Scarlett version of Halo Infinite will actually look and run better on the newer platform... instead of essentially the same shit. :mj: 

Nope, you're not answering the question.

If Scarlett's version has actual FEATURES that the previous hardware cannot do (and I'm not talking about resolution or framerate in this case)..........then Microsoft has officially fucked over those owners.

Simple. Factual.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Imagine being this fucking retarded.

bu but If Scarlett version of a game has features that the last gen hardware cant support, then the last gen owners got fucked :cry: 

LMAO no... last gen owners got the game they were always going to get... :snoop:  People who are spending money on the new console are getting BETTER visuals and performance and features... which TRADITIONALLY COMES WITH A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! :snoop: 

No.

The game is....................late.

Xbox One owners are currently waiting.

If they wait and find out "oh........my version won't have this, I'll have to buy new hardware if I ever want to experience that"..........then Microsoft has officially fucked them over.

Especially if you see such features in their marketing when they eventually get around to SHOWING the game.

It's not late, it's exactly on time. Where is this imaginary release date coming from? The gave us the release date this year. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Everything is scalable Jerry, EVERYTHING. The only "feature" Scarlett can have that the others cannot is extensive ray tracing. 

Physics and destruction, LoD's, foliage, geometry, textures, reflections, shadows, models, resolution, framerate etc, it's all scalable. 

No.........an open area that is purposely re-worked, or limited in any way on the Xbox One/S/X versions will be classified as "gimped"

Reduced number of NPC's = classified as "gimped"

Reduced environmental destruction = classified as "gimped"

Reduced lighting models or omission of certain graphical effects entirely = classified as "gimped"

I'm making that very clear right now. This is the type of thread I'll be screenshotting all over.

Just now, jehurey said:

No.........an open area that is purposely re-worked, or limited in any way on the Xbox One/S/X versions will be classified as "gimped"

Reduced number of NPC's = classified as "gimped"

Reduced environmental destruction = classified as "gimped"

Reduced lighting models or omission of certain graphical effects entirely = classified as "gimped"

I'm making that very clear right now. This is the type of thread I'll be screenshotting all over.

It's not gimped, each platform will be operating to the peak of its capability, a peak that it was only ever going to hit. This game suddenly coming out on a next-gen system isn't going to change that, they can upgrade that independent of these other systems. 

Nope, you're not answering the question.

If Scarlett's version has actual FEATURES that the previous hardware cannot do (and I'm not talking about resolution or framerate in this case)..........then Microsoft has officially fucked over those owners.

Simple. Factual.

Wrong.  So completely and utterly WRONG :hest: 

Additional features is what makes new hardware desirable.  We KNOW the game is being designed for the Xbox One hardware and will be improved upon for the PC and Scarlett versions.  No owners are being fucked over.  You're trying SO HARD... and failing. :rofls: 

• Remij locked this topic