More high level/senior devs leave 343 Industries

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Then that means they left 2013-2019 Xbox One owners with a gimped version.

That is gimping. There is no way around that.

Missing features are missing features...............this is not a new concept that I invented, this universally understood as gimping.

You're not changing that.

The fact you are getting mad as I state this simple fact means that you were GOING to use this excuse in the future.

I just caught you 14 months early.

Too bad. You shouldn't have shown your hand that early.

I JUST stated how the game is not being gimped.  The Scarlett version will be improved.

And now you're getting defensive because I'm dismantling your corny ass narrative 14 months early.  

You REALLY shouldn't have shown your hand this early Jer.  This just tells me that you're expecting the Scarlett version to be fundamentally different and improved over the XO versions... and that you're going to try to paint it as a negative if it's not.  That's YOUR narrative.

A corny assed one based on hopes and dreams. :rofls: 

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another 7.0 in the making.   Oh well, $1 on PS5 gamepass and I'll bite.  

he probably wanted to steer the storyline out of SJW territory and they told him to get lost.

Again like I told Remij and the rest of the people here about Gears 5 when they were all freaking out, these developers don't operate around delusional fanboy timeframes and just because they're not j

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I JUST stated how the game is not being gimped.  The Scarlett version will be improved.

And now you're getting defensive because I'm dismantling your corny ass narrative 14 months early.  

You REALLY shouldn't have shown your hand this early Jer.  This just tells me that you're expecting the Scarlett version to be fundamentally different and improved over the XO versions... and that you're going to try to paint it as a negative if it's not.  That's YOUR narrative.

A corny assed one based on hopes and dreams. :rofls: 

Features not in the original versions means gimped versions.

This is a very clear line that I am defining, and everybody understands this.

In fact you are being obtuse when you say "will be improved"

I even told you which things don't count, like resolution and framerate.

Sorry.........but its a little too late to try and project onto me. In fact, you entire latter half of your post is just that. Try again.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Features not in the original versions means gimped versions.

This is a very clear line that I am defining, and everybody understands this.

In fact you are being obtuse when you say "will be improved"

I even told you which things don't count, like resolution and framerate.

Sorry.........but its a little too late to try and project onto me. In fact, you entire latter half of your post is just that. Try again.

The "original versions" has a distinct meaning.  You should know that Jer... It means the ORIGINAL versions are what were designed and planned for.  While the other versions ARE IMPROVED from that point.  Your words.....

Very clear indeed. Thanks for agreeing :trump: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

The "original versions" has a distinct meaning.  You should know that Jer... It means the ORIGINAL versions are what were designed and planned for.  While the other versions ARE IMPROVED from that point.  Your words.....

Very clear indeed. Thanks for agreeing :trump: 

No.

They are the versions that Microsoft were meant to design Halo 6 for.

And Halo 6 was seen as a game designed exclusively for the current Xbox platform at the time.

Are you pretending you don't understand how first-party development is perceived?:drake:

You're not clever enough to finagle your way like some sort of trial lawyer. LOL

Just now, jehurey said:

No.

They are the versions that Microsoft were meant to design Halo 6 for.

And Halo 6 was seen as a game designed exclusively for the current Xbox platform at the time.

Are you pretending you don't understand how first-party development is perceived?:drake:

You're not clever enough to finagle your way like some sort of trial lawyer. LOL

Now he's trying to change the definition of ORIGINAL :rofls: 

XO versions are the original versions of the game... and Scarlett and PC will be IMPROVED from that point.  No gimping at all.

You literally CAN'T argue with the definition of ORIGINAL Jerry... :blessed: 

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Now he's trying to change the definition of ORIGINAL :rofls: 

XO versions are the original versions of the game... and Scarlett and PC will be IMPROVED from that point.  No gimping at all.

You literally CAN'T argue with the definition of ORIGINAL Jerry... :blessed: 

Sorry, your not going to change the terminology.

Features will be missing from the originally planned versions, which was 2013-2019 Xbox hardware.

You've already admitted it...........you trying to change the terminology simply doesn't work.

I already got the most important admission out of you: You are saying that 2013-2019 Xbox hardware will be missing features compared to Scarlett. That's it.

Edited by jehurey
Just now, jehurey said:

Features will be missing from the originally planned versions, which was 2013-2019 Xbox hardware.

You've already admitted it...........you trying to change the terminology simply doesn't work.

I already got the most important admission out of you: You are saying that 2013-2019 Xbox hardware will be missing features compared to Scarlett. That's it.

Define "features", Jerry. 

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

:rofls: 

The game will be improved from the XO original versions.  No gimping here.  Only improvements. :trump: 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

:rofls: 

Thanks for admitting that you lost this argument.

You just tried to say that Microsoft announced Halo Infinite and Halo Infinite Plus at E3 2019. LOL

It kind of reminds me of what Apple just tried to do with their iPhone announcements this week.

They took the "cheapo" version, formerly given the "R" branding in previous years, and they decided to call it the "iPhone 11" to dupe people that its the "standard" model, when its clearly the gimped model.

Edited by jehurey
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Thanks for admitting that you lost this argument.

You just tried to say that Microsoft announced Halo Infinite and Halo Infinite Plus at E3 2019. LOL

It kind of reminds me of what Apple just tried to do with their iPhone announcements this week.

They took the "cheapo" version, formerly given the "R" branding in previous years, and they decided to call it the "iPhone 11" to dupe people that its the "standard" model, when its clearly the gimped model.

In your mind what are you actually expecting from the Scarlett version? I mean what are the logistics of your thought process here?

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

In your mind what are you actually expecting from the Scarlett version? I mean what are the logistics of your thought process here?

The E3 2019 trailer.

And all of the graphical effects that Digital Foundry says that trailer was running (starting at 3:11):

You do understand I could've also won my argument by simply posting the trailer and saying:

"Are you guys promising me that the Xbox One OG/S is going to have all of the graphical effects featured in this trailer?"

And you guys wouldn't have been able to say "Yes."

Which means............for marketing........which version is Microsoft telling consumers is the "standard" version?

The E3 2019 trailer.

And all of the graphical effects that Digital Foundry says that trailer was running (starting at 3:11):

You do understand I could've also won my argument by simply posting the trailer and saying:

"Are you guys promising me that the Xbox One OG/S is going to have all of the graphical effects featured in this trailer?"

Which means............for marketing........which version is Microsoft telling consumers is the "standard" version?

At 30 FPS on the base system, 60 on the X with a rendering setup similar to Gears 5? Yeah, pretty much. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

At 30 FPS on the base system, 60 on the X with a rendering setup similar to Gears 5? Yeah, pretty much. 

I'm talking about every single graphical feature Digital Foundry goes through in that video.

I'm not talking about Gears 5.

Confirm it all for me, right now.

Just now, jehurey said:

I'm talking about every single graphical feature Digital Foundry goes through in that video.

I'm not talking about Gears 5.

Confirm it all for me, right now.

There's nothing outlandish in that video that current consoles couldn't render, the operational metrics would have to be quite stringent though. 

There's nothing outlandish in that video that current consoles couldn't render, the operational metrics would have to be quite stringent though. 

Nope, that reveal shows individual lighting sources being rendered in real time, nothing pre-baked. It shows self-shadowing, down to hair casting self-shadowing.

It has interactive fog. Volumetric lighting all over. Greater polygon counter, denser geometry.

If any of it is missing, and we find out that this demo was being run on Scarlett hardware.............then Microsoft has officially fucked over 2013-2019 Xbox owners. That's all there is to it.

So now we've got your promise confirmed. Thank you.

Nope, that reveal shows individual lighting sources being rendered in real time, nothing pre-baked. It shows self-shadowing, down to hair casting self-shadowing.

It has interactive fog. Volumetric lighting all over. Greater polygon counter, denser geometry.

If any of it is missing, and we find out that this demo was being run on Scarlett hardware.............then Microsoft has officially fucked over 2013-2019 Xbox owners. That's all there is to it.

So now we've got your promise confirmed. Thank you.

None of that is stuff not already taking place in current generation games, also you know nothing of the optimization of the engine. 

None of that is stuff not already taking place in current generation games, also you know nothing of the optimization of the engine. 

You already gave a hard "Yes" to your promise. You don't need to say anything else.

You sound like you're trying to convince yourself rather than convincing me.

See I could have did this... and this... corny ass mothercker.. :tom: 

Sorry... but the ORIGINAL versions are the XO versions... the Scarlett is improved from that.  You CANNOT ESCAPE THAT... it doesn't matter what DF shows. :rofls: 

25 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Look at this corny shit :rofls: 

I'm about ready to close this thread... and then ban you.  Like how in the other thread about Gears 5, you wanted to see Dynamite post with X settings on Y level and with Z yadda yadda...

You're simply DONE at that point... and this is becoming a trend, which I feel is bannable.. since you're just wasting everyones time... including your own.

• Remij locked this topic