The Outer Worlds - Official Thread

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't spend it all in one place, young man.

It started a bit slow but I'm getting really into it. It feels a lot more like New Vegas. Damn, Bethesda reaaally milked and killed Fallout 

max charisma, always.

The choices that I've had in Edgewater so far exceed the ones I had in the entire Fallout 4.

Love not having to resolve everything with a bullet.

Also playing this game has made me appreciate storytelling and a good script.

It really craps all over anything Bethesda has done in the past 10 years.

I handled the Medicine quest about as great as possible.  Most people would think that you would give it to the woman who wanted to use it on the sick people in town.  And fuck Abernathy.

Instead, I was talking to the sheriff, and it had the option of giving to Medicine to her. So I did, and I think I got XP and a monetary reward. In doing so, I put the blame on Abernathy, and the sheriff was going to place charges against him.

And then I walked around her and because I am putting my points in sneak, I just stole the medicine back, and her nice special gun.

And then I went Abernathy, gave the medicine to him, and pressured him to pay me extra. And then I stole it from him.

And then took it to the woman, got the money, and then charmed her out of more money.  I think I got like close to 6000 bits for doing all of that. it was great.

ANd then later on I saw Abernathy's ass in jail. Perfect.  I'm done with the first area.

On 2019-10-27 at 8:44 AM, DynamiteCop! said:

Game looks ridiculous after doing some .ini tweaks. Anyone talking shit about the way this game looks needs to lay off the crack pipe.

Which ones are you using? Did you mess with any of the memory/vram settings?

The Armor Master perk seems way too strong. +20 to any stat on demand kills a lot of the specialization that would normally be required. Shit, I have some +15 Engineering googles so that + any tech skills chest piece and that's an on demand +40 to Engineering. I don't use any companions, but toss Parvarti in there for an extra +10, too.

Armor Master perk + Soliloquy perk + A Nice Hat + a +5 Dialog skills chest + Silver Tongue kit and that's +44 Persuade, +30 Lie, and +30 Intimidate. :|

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

The Armor Master perk seems way too strong. +20 to any stat on demand kills a lot of the specialization that would normally be required. Shit, I have some +15 Engineering googles so that + any tech skills chest piece and that's an on demand +40 to Engineering. I don't use any companions, but toss Parvarti in there for an extra +10, too.

Armor Master perk + Soliloquy perk + A Nice Hat + a +5 Dialog skills chest + Silver Tongue kit and that's +44 Persuade, +30 Lie, and +30 Intimidate. :|

Everything points to this game being designed for Hard difficulty. I didn't expect to feel this well-powered barely 8 hours into the game.

On 2019-10-29 at 12:52 PM, roflpwnedz said:

It started a bit slow but I'm getting really into it. It feels a lot more like New Vegas. Damn, Bethesda reaaally milked and killed Fallout :(

I couldn't get used to FO4 after playing FO3 and New Vegas.

FO4 by itself is not a bad game.

It's just not a Fallout game with the many choices and interesting dialogues and stories.

13 hours ago, jehurey said:

Everything points to this game being designed for Hard difficulty. I didn't expect to feel this well-powered barely 8 hours into the game.

I'm playing it on hard and still feel pretty overpowered.

22 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I'm playing it on hard and still feel pretty overpowered.

The gameplay in general is really unbalanced. There was definitely a survival aspect to Fallout that Outer Worlds is missing. In those games you always felt like you were just scraping by when it came to weapons and ammo, even on the normal difficulty. 

Here you're pretty much always a super soldier with what feels like an unlimited amount of ammo and bits.

Well it's true, AMD is fucking us over and I'm not even gonna defend it. The latest driver that is supposed to help fix things in the game fucks up the characters in the menu. I'm guessing drivers is also what is causing that stupid thing with the lighting/shadows in the distance. :feelsbadman:

yep, it was. 19.9.2 work fine

Edited by roflpwnedz