Games of the Decade: 2011 ***POLL Now Open***

Pick the single Best Game of 2011 (Top two move on to the All-Decade List)  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the single Best Game of 2011 (Top two move on to the All-Decade List)

• Skyrim
    • Dark Souls
    • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
    • The Binding of Isaac
    • Portal 2
    • Uncharted 3
    • Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
    • Alice: Madness Returns
    • Killzone 3
    • Deus Ex Human Revolution
    • Catherine
    • Okamiden

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2019-11-06 at 08:00 PM

Nominate what you think was the best game of 2011, and then also name your runner-up. That means you only type the names of just two games in your post.

Then I will make the poll by this Monday.

And then you can vote up until Wednesday of next week.

Here were the games, this time I tried my best to enlarge some of the better-known games or games that would've received some hype:

Spoiler

A

C

D

G

L

M

O

S

T

•  
Edited by jehurey
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nominate what you think was the best game of 2011, and then also name your runner-up. That means you only type the names of just two games in your post.   Then I will make the poll by this M

My 2011 Game of the Year is Deux Ex: Human Revolution with a fucking bullet. Just to give an idea of how much of a surprise this game was for me. I have a bad history with Deus Ex, the original game f

dark souls   close the thread

51 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Dark Souls

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together PSP remake (it's not on your list tho)

That's because its a remake, bitch.

But that's fine, I'll allow it. I think you chose it because you intentionally wanted to make me manually type a long-ass name when I create the poll selections.

GOTY: Alice Madness Returns.

KGB approved.

Runner up: Killzone 3

Some decent games for runner up but nothing truly amazing. kZ3 was a huge surprise and I spent many hours in the multiplayer which is rare for me.

My 2011 Game of the Year is Deux Ex: Human Revolution with a fucking bullet. Just to give an idea of how much of a surprise this game was for me. I have a bad history with Deus Ex, the original game from back in 2000. I never got into that game, that atmosphere. It frustrated the shit out of me back when I tried the game in 2000.

So then I saw that sequel bomb, and thought nothing more of the IP. You'd always hear hermits talk about the original in such an endearing manner, that I never understood why.

And then I remember hearing a 1Up Yours podcast that described their experience playing the game close to launch, and they were really up on this game. Bought it, and absolutely fell in love with it. The perfect idea of a smaller, yet more dense, open world area.

I already loved the game by the time I was wrapping up all the missions in the Detroit hub area.........to then go to the Hengsha hub after that?????? Shiiiiiiiit. By that point the game had far exceed anything that I was expecting.

Very rare for me to play a game in which it far exceeds what I expect from it. I don't mean games that are just really big and really long. For example Witcher 3 is a really huge game, but my experience during hour 20 is still very similar to my experience during hour 60. In DXHR, I thought Detroit's hub area was fantastic, and then they take it to an even better place that's a step better in every way. It almost......ALMOST.....reminds me of what I felt when playing MGS1 in 1997, that's how much praise I have for that game.

My runner-up. Witcher 2.

• Upvote 1