Gunman opens fire at a Christian Church service.. gets taken out almost immediately

NSFW!  It's not graphic at all.. the camera is far away.  You see no blood, but you definitely see 3 people shot.  Still.. a warning.

https://livestreamfails.com/post/69494

One of the victims is confirmed dead, I'm guessing the one that was shot first, and the other has life threatening injuries.  The older gentleman who took out the shooter was apparently a retired police officer.. which would explain how incredibly composed and reactive he was.  Not to mention hitting a headshot on a moving target that far away while commotion is happening right in his line of fire.  That either takes luck or skill, and I'm betting on skill for this one.

Not that the guy was going to make it out alive anyway.. there was about 5-6 others that very quickly had guns drawn and ready.  But yea, this is an instance where an upstanding citizen was able to save who knows how many lives.

RIP to the victim who died.  Such senselessness.  Hope the other pulls through. (apparently he didn't... RIP :( )

As a side note, I wonder what the gunman had said to the man before he pulled out his gun and started firing?  He clearly went up and said something to him.. he basically showed his hand early and the others had picked up on it..  I wonder why he would do that?

Edited by Remij_
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stfu

An experiment with a sample size of 3. Jerry does science.    John Wayned his ass under six seconds with a headshot from across the room.   

Oh hey we're already at #5. 

Just now, Hot Sauce said:

I didn't even realize the guy in the grey shirt that tried to pull out a piece got shot first. If the guy in the corner that got shot second survives he owes that dude his life.

He apparently didn't make it :( 

But yea, it seems he was gonna shoot that guy first, but then saw the other drawing his weapon and took him out first instead.

Just a terrible thing.

Just now, Remij_ said:

He apparently didn't make it :( 

But yea, it seems he was gonna shoot that guy first, but then saw the other drawing his weapon and took him out first instead.

Just a terrible thing.

Aw. :(

Is he the confirmed dead person or did both of them die? That first guy just has that sudden drop that I assumed he died then and there.

Just now, Hot Sauce said:

Aw. :(

Is he the confirmed dead person or did both of them die? That first guy just has that sudden drop that I assumed he died then and there.

Yea, he was dead right then and there.  The other was in critical at the hospital and died from his injuries.

3 minutes ago, Delita said:

Why would you try taking out your weapon while he’s aiming a shotgun your way, and so slowly and casually? Doesent make any sense. Either way just a shame. Glad they got that pos

He knew what was going to happen.  Someone pulls a gun at a church... they're GOING to kill people.  Seems like he maybe thought the gunman was focused on the other guy?  I dunno..  Everyone reacts differently.

3 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

why does the video call him a "patriot"? what does this have to do with patriotism? 

It's a livestreamfails video.... not an official new source...  Can you not put 2+2 together?

2nd amendment people are using this video to immediately say that this justifies their ideology.

Except for the fact that we have "Security Teams" at churches now...........and let that thought sink in for a moment that we now live in a world in which your church that you bring your family to requires a "security team"

That guy that put down the gunman was a good guy with a gun, apparently he's an ex-FBI guy. So he has the proper training.

But even then, he's lucky in that he wasn't the first guy to draw his weapon in defense, the first guy drawing his weapon to take down the gunman was the one who got killed first, and the guy in the corner got the second shot.

That afforded the ex-FBI to have enough time to steadily draw out his weapon and aim well. If those first two people didn't exist, he'd be a dead man right now. Also, thankfully that shooter didn't have some sort of gun that allowed a higher rate of fire, or else I don't think anybody would've stopped him.

That's as clean and as fast of a response to a shooter as you'll see.  And even then, it  still cost them the lives of two good guys.

• Sad 1

fuck man. that happens all so fast. Guns are terrible. Well, people that use guns and their original need is terrible. 3 seconds, 3 lives permenantly gone. god wouldn't want this.  I'm glad that church has parishinors. oly fuck didn't know they just shoot ppl at at white people church too. But that guy with his long scraggly ass beard 30 years younger than everyone (probably an online incel wasn't gettin' none), didn't look like he belonged there.  Sad shit. OK corrall. 

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Not sure if the guy was inexperienced or nervous, but he was definitely too slow to draw his gun and it cost him his life. rip.

It has nothing to do with inexperience or nervousness.

But reality.

There was a 20/20 news special about gun training, and this was back in 2002, where they had 3 people to do an experiment. They would be in a gun training class, and they had their test guns on them, and they were told...I  repeat, they were TOLD...that there would be a shooter coming in during the class to shoot up the place.

And they were sitting in a proper place to be able to stand up, draw their gun, and shoot them as quickly as possible.

First two people only had beginning handgun training. They failed.

Third person had extensive handgun training. They panicked, the gun got stuck in his shirt. He failed.

Nobody is John Wayne. We have a mentality in which we think "we got this" when in reality we have a false sense of security.

• Cooke locked this topic