XseX 30% more powerful than PS5.

7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yes it will still be a "problem".  Consoles are closed boxes.  There will always be a limit to what any console can do.   Devs will push those limits and some will choose 30fps to get even better graphics compared to the same console game at 60fps. 

Yes obviously we will get great looking games at 60fps next gen, but we will also get 30fps games as well. 

Expecting every game to be 60fps is setting up yourself for disappointment. 

No one is expecting everything to be 60 FPS but to insinuate that the hardware next-gen is launching with will be in the same situation the current gen did is just dumb and wrong. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

XsX is a tongue twister. My tongue doesn't actually twist, it's just hard to pronounce. :|

Ironically the weaker systems always win.   PS4 X360 PS2 PS1 Genesis NES 2600

https://www.vg247.com/2020/01/02/amd-navi-leak-ps5-xbox-series-x-performance-targets/   Leak at AMD.   This was always obvious though. Sony is stuck with the lower price point. 

18 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

If you're really expecting 60fps en masse next gen, it's up to you to be disappointed. It's just consoles, you know budget boxes under your TV...

Certain devs will always prioritize graphics over performance... because they are dedicated to raising the bar.  Sony's devs largely fall into this category.  MS though, will definitely target 60fps with most of their games... or at least give the option.  You can already see this shift happening.

So it's understandable that Jon is looking forward to more 60fps games.  Phil's said that it's a point that they are working on sooo it's understandable to expect it.

I think pretty much all multi player games will be 60fps, plus a lot more titles people aren't expecting.  I don't think it's that far fetched.  

1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

At the end of the day we expect a lot better visually from next gen than Control. People want a Millstone Shadow fall or Ryse moment for these machines. It's a fair expectation, but it will come at a price.

lmao you're going to get them.. relax.

Saying that he'd like Control at 60fps with RT isn't unrealistic...  There will be games next gen that look and perform far better with RT than Control does even on high end PCs.  Nvidia's current GPUs aren't even close to being fully utilized.. so it's not a realistic metric atm.  There's so many features of Turing that will only start being used with games developed for them from the ground up.

It's gonna get a lot better, very quickly.

1 hour ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Ironically the weaker systems always win.

PS4

X360

PS2

PS1

Genesis

NES

Genesis lol fuck off godlover

1 hour ago, Ike said:

He really put Genesis over SNES. SNES is the single best console of all time. :hest:

In the US Genesis helped SEGA win a majority market share against Nintendo.   THis should not be forgotten, I don't care how popular the SNES became worldwide.

Clearly America chose the Genesis over the SNES, some of you guys are just too young to even remember. 

58 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

In the US Genesis helped SEGA win a majority market share against Nintendo.   THis should not be forgotten, I don't care how popular the SNES became worldwide.

Clearly America chose the Genesis over the SNES, some of you guys are just too young to even remember. 

megadrive and snes are both amazing systems, but SNES game library is so much better.

3 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Ironically the weaker systems always win.

PS4

X360

PS2

PS1

Genesis

NES

SNES far outsold the Genesis

Edited by lostfool
I want to
1 hour ago, kaz said:

megadrive and snes are both amazing systems, but SNES game library is so much better.

can you name some games.  I have a SNES mini that I modded added a few games but the only game that largely stands out that I liked were Super Mario World 1 & 2.   

Super Metroid looked fun but I already beat original Metroid on NES, so I can't be bothered with playing through this one.

My favorite SEGA Genesis games were MK3, Sonic 2, T2, MJ Moonwalker, NFL Football '94 and plethora of SEGA CD and 32X games.

Edited by The Mother Fucker
5 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

can you name some games.  I have a SNES mini that I modded added a few games but the only game that largely stands out that I liked were Super Mario World 1 & 2.   

Super Metroid looked fun but I already beat original Metroid on NES, so I can't be bothered with playing through this one.

My favorite SEGA Genesis games were MK3, Sonic 2, T2, MJ Moonwalker, NFL Football '94 and plethora of SEGA CD and 32X games.

Chrono Trigger

Super Mario RPG

Final Fantasy 6 (3)

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Donkey Kong Country 1 + 2 + 3

Secret of Mana

Killer Instinct

Breath of Fire 1 + 2

Castlevania 4

Actraiser 

Megaman X

Then as you said:

Super Mario World

Yoshi's Island 2

Super Metroid

The Genesis did have some amazing games though, and I appreciate it more now than I did back then.  But SNES won that war, imo.

26 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Chrono Trigger

Super Mario RPG

Final Fantasy 6 (3)

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Donkey Kong Country 1 + 2 + 3

Secret of Mana

Killer Instinct

Breath of Fire 1 + 2

Castlevania 4

Actraiser 

Megaman X

Then as you said:

Super Mario World

Yoshi's Island 2

Super Metroid

The Genesis did have some amazing games though, and I appreciate it more now than I did back then.  But SNES won that war, imo.

I only recognize a few of those games, i was that not into RPGs back then.  

Only game that looked interesting on that list to me outside the ones I mentioned is Killer Instinct.  I remember not liking how that game was Nintendo Exclusive, yet Midway produced the Arcade versions which is what I remember most from frequenting the Arcades.   I was excited of finally getting KI Gold on N64, but it's sad that it took the xbox one for us to finally get the arcade of KI & K2.   Fucking Microsoft waited so long to put those games out. 

1 minute ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I only recognize a few of those games, i was that not into RPGs back then.  

Only game that looked interesting on that list to me outside the ones I mentioned is Killer Instinct.  I remember not liking how that game was Nintendo Exclusive, yet Midway produced the Arcade versions which is what I remember most from frequenting the Arcades.   I was excited of finally getting KI Gold on N64, but it's sad that it took the xbox one for us to finally get the arcade of KI & K2.   Fucking Microsoft waited so long to put those games out. 

Yea, the SNES was an RPG lovers dream console.  If you weren't into them, there was a lot of other games as well, but Genesis also had a lot of other games too.

• Like 1