• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But devs only need this much [----------------------------]   And Sony is giving them this much [--------------------------------------------------------------]   What are they goi

Honestly as soon as Sony shows Silent Hill and Demon's Souls all this shit doesn't matter.

I'm sure you did... On PlayStation.

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

But devs only need this much [----------------------------]

And Sony is giving them this much [--------------------------------------------------------------]

What are they going to do with the remaining [-------------------------------------] of useless extra power :wonder: 

Dumbfuck cop - "Absolutely NOTHING, extra bandwidth is TOTALLY USELESS" :grimaceleft:

1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

Dev..

"What John is saying sounds pretty right to me! I don't want to down play GPU power, but I promise everybody that you will be absolutely blown away by visuals on both consoles. However, the SSDs are the big difference when coming into this gen. We're not talking about "load times" in the classic sense. That's an antiquated way of thinking about data coming from your hard drive. For the last 10+ years we've been streaming worlds on the fly. The problem is that our assets are absolutely huge now, as are our draw distances, and our hard drives can't keep up. It means that as you move through the world we're trying to detect and even predict what assets need loading. Tons of constraints get put into place due to this streaming speed.

An ultra fast drive like the one in PS5 means you could be load in the highest level LOD asset for your models way further than you could before and make worlds any way you want without worry of it streaming in fast enough. The PS5 drive is so fast I imagine you could load up entire neighborhoods in a city with all of their maps at super high resolution in a blink of an eye. It's exciting. People don't realize that this will also affect visuals in a big way. If we can stream in bigger worlds and stream in the highest detail texture maps available, it will just look so much better.

I think the Xbox drive is also good! The PS5 drive is just "dream level" architecture though. "

bbbbbut Dumbfuck cop said it wouldn't make a difference :lemming:

It's difficult to say - at this point, prior to launch and devs being able to take advantage of this SSD speed; however, the mere fact that DC has said it will have no impact leads me to believe this will in fact be a game changer. I mean if the guy wasn't so wrong, so often, I might be indifferent. At this ,point it's nearly a guarantee.

4 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

It's difficult to say - at this point, prior to launch and devs being able to take advantage of this SSD speed; however, the mere fact that DC has said it will have no impact leads me to believe this will in fact be a game changer. I mean if the guy wasn't so wrong, so often, I might be indifferent. At this ,point it's nearly a guarantee.

Watch it end up being the biggest difference maker this gen :drake:

6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Watch it end up being the biggest difference maker this gen :drake:

Well that's the key to understanding the DC prophecy; it's not that it's wrong, but where and how much it;s going to be wrong.

Typically you invert the prediction (a la the underworld from Stranger things)  and you'll have a reasonably sound prediction. :face:

7 minutes ago, ghostz said:

So based on the specs, PS5 will load....worse graphics than XSX, at a faster rate. 

and this is what cows will hang onto for the next 6 years. But our loads are 10 seconds shorter, who cares about graphics!!!111

Right. It'll be loading all of those 3rd party games faster that are completely absent on Switch like it has been for the last 3 years... and for the next 6 years. :kaz: 

Edited by lynux3
1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Right. It'll be loading all of those 3rd party games faster that are completely absent on Switch like it has been for the last 3 years... and for the next 6 years. :kaz: 

Look at that fucking dodge. :D  like I have ever bragged about shit third party games. I buy Nintendo platforms... for Nintendo games shit head. And so do most people, considering switch is still dominating. :smugcena:

but if I DO want those third party games, I sure as hell know not to buy a PS5 :tom5:

9 minutes ago, ghostz said:

So based on the specs, PS5 will load....worse graphics than XSX, at a faster rate. 

and this is what cows will hang onto for the next 6 years. But our loads are 10 seconds shorter, who cares about graphics!!!111

Calm down it's a 16 percent GPU difference. On top of that the BOM is lower potentially making PS5 cheaper.

Just now, ghostz said:

Look at that fucking dodge. :D  like I have ever bragged about shit third party games. I buy Nintendo platforms... for Nintendo games shit head. And so do most people, considering switch is still dominating. :smugcena:

but if I DO want those third party games, I sure as hell know not to buy a PS5 :tom5:

Sorry, it's hard to see what you're saying when you're hiding behind fucking Xflop. :lawl: 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Calm down it's a 16 percent GPU difference. On top of that the BOM is lower potentially making PS5 cheaper.

You get what you pay for 

Just now, lynux3 said:

Sorry, it's hard to see what you're saying when you're hiding behind fucking Xflop. :lawl: 

Xbox literally just beat Sony at its OWN game. Im not hiding behind anything, rather than stating facts.  

it’s a HILARIOUS in the annoucememt thread to see your hype slowly decline over the course of the thread. And now you’re just flat out angry with Sony, and it’s showing...BIG time. :smugcena:

9 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Xbox literally just beat Sony at its OWN game. Im not hiding behind anything, rather than stating facts.  

it’s a HILARIOUS in the annoucememt thread to see your hype slowly decline over the course of the thread. And now you’re just flat out angry with Sony, and it’s showing...BIG time. :smugcena:

Xbox has games and is beating Sony at it? That's news to me. I guess one wouldn't be able to see that when they're hiding because their preferred platform is worthless when it comes to 3rd party. :tom5:

Edited by lynux3