Resident Evil 3 is better than Resident Evil 2

I'd say the opposite for the originals but honestly I'm liking the remake of 3 considerably more than 2, also the quality in terms of acting and animation is ramped up, and some of the environments look jaw dropping. The game just seems to work better with modern design sensibilities, there's a really nice flow to it.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
5 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

they play 99% similar but re3 is half the game that re 2 is.

anyone giving RE2 a 9/10 and RE3r a 6/10 is retarded.

If Re2 is a 9 then re3 is a 8.

Well it is literally half the game (kind of) but I don't see that as any kind of fault, it seems very focused and determined to execute what it's set out to do. RE2 has a lot of monotony, this game doesn't, it's an almost continual drive forward while still dabbling into some traditionalism like backtracking and puzzle solving. All in all it's just engaging me more than RE2 did, it keeps up a solid pace that never really wavers. 

RE3 is just a limited version of RE2. Less puzzles, smaller areas, and even less weapons . The only thing it has more of is scripted set pieces, but even those with nemesis just boil down to glorified on rails sequences where you just press forward until you trigger the next cutscene. Compared to when you first encounter Mr X, there is no intensity or stakes to those moments at all.  

it’s just completely forgettable. I finished it once and then uninstalled it, while RE2 kept me interested for at least 2 or 3 additional play throughs (helps that they change things up more profoundly during those play throughs). There simply wasn’t enough thought or effort put into RE3’s design.

52 minutes ago, Delita said:

I’m beginning to think deeno is intentionally trolling us now. I haven’t seen someone have these kinda awful opinions on literally everything since Tuflop

tuflop was a lemm too :lupe:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Delita said:

I’m beginning to think deeno is intentionally trolling us now. I haven’t seen someone have these kinda awful opinions on literally everything since Tuflop

and coincidently they both were die hard lemmings :mjpls:

IMO it's definitely not as good as RE2 Remake..  that said, I'm happy with RE3 overall, I just wish it was a bit longer with less cut content.  In this form it should never have cost $60 and been a full game, but rather could have been a lower priced stand alone expansion or something of that nature.  But there IS something about it that I really enjoy and that makes me want to continue playing it again and again.

I REALLY like Jill's design in this game.  With the classic outfit she's fucking perfect.  I also want a new game with Carlos.  He's badass.

It's way more replayable. First is better on the first playthrough though, more of a journey. Critics got it wrong though, especially the ones that gave it 6/10. Morons.

9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

IMO it's definitely not as good as RE2 Remake..  that said, I'm happy with RE3 overall, I just wish it was a bit longer with less cut content.  In this form it should never have cost $60 and been a full game, but rather could have been a lower priced stand alone expansion or something of that nature.  But there IS something about it that I really enjoy and that makes me want to continue playing it again and again.

I REALLY like Jill's design in this game.  With the classic outfit she's fucking perfect.  I also want a new game with Carlos.  He's badass.

The lack of mercenary mode is a fucking crime.

6 minutes ago, Ike said:

The lack of mercenary mode is a fucking crime.

I never really cared for mercenary modes in any of the RE games.  I'm just a straight campaign kind of guy... but yea I can see how that's the case for many people.