I'm not going to lie though... I think this presentation left MS a chance

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, die hard lemming thinks Microsoft has a chance.

Lemji strikes again  

I think this bodied them tbh. I did not expect them to reveal so much from their own lineup (honestly anyone that says they expected more is flat out lying) and on top of that I did not expect a digit

Posted Images

Just now, Remij_ said:

I don't think I am underestimating GT.  Of course it's going to sell well.  Forza is gonna be the better game though, straight up.

Look at the last Forza Motorsport that was a launch game. Shit was trash man. Lowest scoring Forza ever. Motorsport aint Horizon and numbered GT ain't GT Sport. 

This is what I dont get about you guys. It's like this is the will be the fourth time around for a 3 console race. The current Xbox console is floundering at 3rd place, again. This isn't a Disney sports movie. The underdog isn't all of a sudden going to come back and "win it". Also some of you are not only predicting the entire next gen based off of one conference, but betting against history. Like really?

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I don't think I am underestimating GT.  Of course it's going to sell well.  Forza is gonna be the better game though, straight up.

I think the PS5's special bandwidth is going to help GT7 in ways that will make a difference. I mean, racing games inherently have to load in information at a fast rate.

This could affect the quality of the asphalt on the track, especially when playing in a close-up view, to particle effects of rain-weather effects in which small objects are coming at you quickly on screen.

Edited by jehurey
4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Look at the last Forza Motorsport that was a launch game. Shit was trash man. Lowest scoring Forza ever. Motorsport aint Horizon and numbered GT ain't GT Sport. 

OK if you say so

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Back on topic, if you think this left MS with a chance then surely nothing could've been shown that wouldn't have left them with a chance?

Other than Silent Hill you really couldn't show more. 

Of course MS always has a chance.  Whether the capitalize on it or not is the question.

What I'm saying, is that there was nothing there that put to rest any doubt that MS can't compete with Sony.

I see Playground games, The Initiative, The Coalition, and Ninja Theory all capable of visually outclassing anything Sony shown here today.

I don't think this presentation was a knockout blow.  That said, these are EARLY days.

People need to see the second half of this trailer, its on youtube in 1080p/60.

The upper part of the door and the upper dash is a cloth fabric, and the windshield appears to have some sort of vinyl sticker on it, but light still passes through it.

This looks really slick:

the audio from the other cars as they are nearby or pass you sounds terrific. 3D audio is going to be great in this game.

Edited by jehurey
1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

GT7 is obviously using better GT Sport assets, but saying it's GT Sport is hilarious. 

I was expecting to be blown away... I was underwhelmed.

I have a feeling you were too. :shrug: 

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Of course MS always has a chance.  Whether the capitalize on it or not is the question.

What I'm saying, is that there was nothing there that put to rest any doubt that MS can't compete with Sony.

I see Playground games, The Initiative, The Coalition, and Ninja Theory all capable of visually outclassing anything Sony shown here today.

I don't think this presentation was a knockout blow.  That said, these are EARLY days.

Visually you are never going to see the differences at launch tbh. I sure as hope MS can compete with these visuals and have no doubt they will. But I'm talking in lineup strength perspective. 

Only reason it wasn't a knockout blow is cause they have to fill their show with other crap, which just never looks to the level of their intro reveal and end reveals, but in reality the big first party is all that matters and in that sense the showing was incredibly impressive. Maybe best next gen launch game presentation ever? Sure as fuck better than PS4, PS3 and PS2 abysmal early gen games. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

Visually you are never going to see the differences at launch tbh. I sure as hope MS can compete with these visuals and have no doubt they will. But I'm talking in lineup strength perspective. 

Only reason it wasn't a knockout blow is cause they have to fill their show with other crap, which just never looks to the level of their intro reveal and end reveals, but in reality the big first party is all that matters and in that sense the showing was incredibly impressive. Maybe best next gen launch game presentation ever? Sure as fuck better than PS4, PS3 and PS2 abysmal early gen games. 

Well we don't know MS' lineup yet.

The battle of first party will be very gimped regardless. You can tell this because Sony is getting timed exclusibity of Ghost Wire and that Arkane game. MS is doing the same The Medium and that other game.

When you're buying out timed exclusivity, rest assured BOTH are going to have a fairly limited  first party output.

4 minutes ago, Voidler said:

If a presentation revealing Spiderman 2, Horizon 2, Demons Souls, Ratchet and Clank, GT7, Astrobot, a AAA project from Housemarque isnt good enough wtf chance does MSs first party have :lawl:

Spider-Man was completely forgettable.  LOL Astrobot... it's a pack in game... lmao.  Housemarque's game didn't look that great......