Getting a new PC thread 2.0

Just now, Twinblade said:

Oh please,  I probably know more about PC hardware than you do, despite not spending 90% of my posts creaming myself over graphics specs and details.

You're just making shit up now. I never said the screw was intended for the motherboard. I used it as a workaround because I've never installed that type of drive before in a desktop and the misleading documentation wasn't at all helpful. Despite the screw being slightly crooked the drive WAS still level with the motherboard. Obviously if that shit weren't straight and was putting tension on the connector i would have tried another workaround.

OK genius, please explain to me why after recovering from the blue screen my PC fails to detect the M2 drive every time, yet my secondary drive is always listed in the boot options? You don't have to be an expert to put 2 and 2 together and realize that theres either something wrong with the M2 drive itself, or the motherboard slot it fits into. Thats just troubleshooting 101.

Get off your high horse and stop acting like you're an expert on everything related to PCs, because you're clearly not.

Yea, you probably do :roll:

And yes... all my posts where I'm creaming myself over specs... not like cows and lemmings haven't been doing that since the new consoles were announced :drake: 

Yea, you should know that when you're using things "as a work around" you're not doing things correctly.  You came and said your motherboard DID NOT have a screw for the m.2 drive.  You flat out said that.  Like... you didn't even look in the box my dude... How can I even take you seriously?  There was no "misleading documentation"... I have the exact board you do... lmao... I know that the manual tells you to grab the space and the screw from the package in the box... you just did some stupid shit and thought the manufacturer was at fault.  I fucking HATE when people blame their stupidity on others.

Your PC fails to detect the m.2 drive every time?  Do you even have it in properly.. all the way since you fucked around with it?  Have you tried the drive in both slots?  Does the drive work in neither?

I'd tell you to update your BIOS but I don't want you to burn your house down or anything. 

I'm not on any high horse dude.. I just get tired of people talking shit about PCs and then blaming their issues on others when it's completely obvious to me that THEY are the issue.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaking of which, the belle of the ball has just arrived:

Under no circumstances is this user allowed to access the Orange group. I won't stand for it.

You should've watched this guide before building your PC.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Oh please,  I probably know more about PC hardware than you do, despite not spending 90% of my posts creaming myself over graphics specs and details.

You're just making shit up now. I never said the screw was intended for the motherboard. I used it as a workaround because I've never installed that type of drive before in a desktop and the misleading documentation wasn't at all helpful. Despite the screw being slightly crooked the drive WAS still level with the motherboard. Obviously if that shit weren't straight and was putting tension on the connector i would have tried another workaround.

OK genius, please explain to me why after recovering from the blue screen my PC fails to detect the M2 drive every time, yet my secondary drive is always listed in the boot options? You don't have to be an expert to put 2 and 2 together and realize that theres either something wrong with the M2 drive itself, or the motherboard slot it fits into. Thats just troubleshooting 101.

Get off your high horse and stop acting like you're an expert on everything related to PCs, because you're clearly not.

:tom:

at this point I think Jonb knows more about PCs than you do. God, you suck so hard at everything. 

2 hours ago, nitric said:

Lian Li PC-011 DW

Bear case Ive ever owned 

I tried to refresh the product page for the 011 Dynamic Space Grey PCMR edition on newegg, I even had hope because they updated the listing to say "2nd Batch"

And I fucking missed it again, and now its listed as completely sold out. I'm still hoping that they get an open-box return or something. They seriously need to make another run of these cases.

The absolute classiest looking PC case I've ever seen.

If I get close to November and it hasn't gone back in stock, I may have to settle on something like a Lancool 2 Mesh. They're not that bad looking. Hell, I may have to jump on it right now before the white model sells out.

They are technically going to sell the 011D "Mini"...........but I got a ATX mobo and I think that means I can't place any fans at the top or bottom.

I finally decided to pull the trigger on this.   ($59.99)

spacer.png

I will use it to rebuild my PC setup I had in 2012. 

MSI AMD 768GM mATX
Phenom II X4 965 or maybe my old FX-8300 will work on it.

8GB Kingston Hyper-X

Just paid $28 on a 256GB 2.5" SSD. 

I'm looking forward to putting this new old PC together. 

I'll get to see how my old GTX 560 can handle modern games.  :glad:

1 hour ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I finally decided to pull the trigger on this.   ($59.99)

spacer.png

I will use it to rebuild my PC setup I had in 2012. 

MSI AMD 768GM mATX
Phenom II X4 965 or maybe my old FX-8300 will work on it.

8GB Kingston Hyper-X

Just paid $28 on a 256GB 2.5" SSD. 

I'm looking forward to putting this new old PC together. 

I'll get to see how my old GTX 560 can handle modern games.  :glad:

560: games like doom would still be playable but everything else would run in 720p, everything low, 30 fps I would say and even then more framerate dips.

more importantly your Phenom will fucking die in modern games, some games just require more than 4 threads now or else you will have excellent micro stuttering and freezes.

good system for old games though. I think up to 2015 it's fine for most games.

when I build a new PC i will just keep my current one as a back up this time, i always gave my old pc's away which was a huge mistake. never again. :willcucked:

Spoiler

my gtx 560 was the best gpu I ever had but I accidentally fried that shit. RIP my love :mjcry: 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, jehurey said:

I tried to refresh the product page for the 011 Dynamic Space Grey PCMR edition on newegg, I even had hope because they updated the listing to say "2nd Batch"

And I fucking missed it again, and now its listed as completely sold out. I'm still hoping that they get an open-box return or something. They seriously need to make another run of these cases.

If I get close to November and it hasn't gone back in stock, I may have to settle on something like a Lancool 2 Mesh. They're not that bad looking. Hell, I may have to jump on it right now before the white model sells out.

They are technically going to sell the 011D "Mini"...........but I got a ATX mobo and I think that means I can't place any fans at the top or bottom.

Holy shit,

jbpdbcw492051.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

17 hours ago, jehurey said:

Check B&H. My case was sold out at most online retailers but I was able to get it for MSRP from them.

51 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Nah. I like a more minimalistic look so I got the Fractal Define R6. Not exactly attractive but i don't mind, plus i like things on the quiet side and this was designed with sound dampening in mind.

OIP.TSk5Osx7BAhm4NRmZG9yTwHaIo?pid=Api&r

That’s the case for my old build. It just has a side window. It was an okay case but has issues with dust build up inside 

7 minutes ago, nitric said:

That’s the case for my old build. It just has a side window. It was an okay case but has issues with dust build up inside 

Really? The dust filter seems well made and covers the entire bottom of the case. I guess ill just have to make it a point to clean it out more often than usual.

So after my PC continued to bluescreen every 1-2 days, I decided to remove the M2 drive altogether and replace it with the SATA SSD from my old PC (with a fresh copy of windows on it) and what do you know, 4 days later and I haven't gotten a single bluescreen. Guess my original theory about the drive being bad was correct :mjpls: now i just have to go through the slow ass RMA process to get it replaced.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

So after my PC continued to bluescreen every 1-2 days, I decided to remove the M2 drive altogether and replace it with the SATA SSD from my old PC (with a fresh copy of windows on it) and what do you know, 4 days later and I haven't gotten a single bluescreen. Guess my original theory about the drive being bad was correct :mjpls: now i just have to go through the slow ass RMA process to get it replaced.

It's not.  It's perfectly fine.  You're just an idiot.

8 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

It's not.  It's perfectly fine.  You're just an idiot.

Nope, just consider yourself lucky that you haven't had this problem because given your posts in this thread you'd be clueless on how to properly troubleshoot it.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Nope, just consider yourself lucky that you haven't had this problem because given your posts in this thread you'd be clueless on how to properly troubleshoot it.

:drake: 

Dude, you're DUMB when it comes to PCs.  

4 minutes ago, HALOmij said:

:drake: 

Dude, you're DUMB when it comes to PCs.  

Between Halo Finite, Cuphead, and this thread you really can't catch a break lately. Its a good thing you're still so active or else we would have had to call in for a welfare check at your residence :mj: