Getting a new PC thread 2.0

18 hours ago, nitric said:

That case is ugly as fuck

17 hours ago, kazi of Skalitz said:

that shit looks like a mineral marie mistook for a stone 

17 hours ago, -GD- said:

And I thought the Ps5 was ugly. Holy fuck! 

That case looks good in person, you are all gay as hell.

Edited by Substatic
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speaking of which, the belle of the ball has just arrived:

Under no circumstances is this user allowed to access the Orange group. I won't stand for it.

You should've watched this guide before building your PC.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So is the general consensus that ryzen cpus run hotter than intel? Im not thrilled with my cpu temps, but it seems that a lot of other people are experiencing the same thing so I guess its normal.

It's normal that they run hotter.  With a stock cooler you're  looking at 40-45'C idle and like 80'C under full load.  During games you're looking at around 60-65'C.

Don't worry about it.

To get the most accurate readings of your temps, you should download and install Ryzen Master.  It'll also allow you to adjust your voltages, and frequencies.  Most people have no problem down-volting their CPUs which generally run up to 1.41v... which some people think is too much. (AMD assures you that it's not)  My CPU is down-volted AND overclocked.  I'm running 4.4Ghz all core @ 1.28v.

You really don't have to mess with anything at all.  I do suggest downloading the Ryzen chipset drivers from AMD though.  It'll add a "Ryzen Balanced" power plan to Windows 10.. and improves how the CPU functions.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

I think my M2 drive just shit the bed :monkas:

edit: back and up running for now. The PC bluescreened and automatically booted back into the bios where I noticed that the drive was no longer appearing under the boot devices. I opened up my PC and re-connected the drive which got me back into Windows. If I get the same blue screen again then I’ll have to connect the drive to the 2nd M2 slot on the mobo (to rule out the first being faulty). If that doesn’t help then the drive is 100% faulty and I’ll have to get it replaced.

53 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I think my M2 drive just shit the bed :monkas:

edit: back and up running for now. The PC bluescreened and automatically booted back into the bios where I noticed that the drive was no longer appearing under the boot devices. I opened up my PC and re-connected the drive which got me back into Windows. If I get the same blue screen again then I’ll have to connect the drive to the 2nd M2 slot on the mobo (to rule out the first being faulty). If that doesn’t help then the drive is 100% faulty and I’ll have to get it replaced.

:| 

• dead 1
On 2020-07-17 at 10:53 PM, Twinblade said:

I had no idea that CPU OPT could be used for chassis fans. The manual doesn’t clarify that so consider me not owned :mjpls:

That's usually labeled CPU-FAN / PUMP FAN.  So if you had an AIO or custom water cooler, they can be properly controlled by the motherboard.

My X470 motherboards have that as well as 4 separate SYS case fan ports.

So in regard to your $125 board from 2015 having that.  Perhaps you should have invested in an MSI X570 motherboard.    The MSI X570 ACE and X570 Unify are great MSI boards, the X570 GODLIKE & CREATION are even greater.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

What? Are you gonna try to convince me that some pc components don’t come faulty out of the box?

No... just yours. :roll:  Just like your MOBO didn't come with an M.2 screw :roll: Just like it didn't come with 4 fan headers :roll: Just like... :roll: 

Even the shit you say is getting dumber and dumber.  How could it have come faulty out of the box when you obviously had it working and already installed windows on it?

I can pretty much guarantee at this point that any "issues" you have with your PC... are your own damn fault.

13 minutes ago, Remij (not a Lem cant help said:

No... just yours. :roll:  Just like your MOBO didn't come with an M.2 screw :roll: Just like it didn't come with 4 fan headers :roll: Just like... :roll: 

Even the shit you say is getting dumber and dumber.  How could it have come faulty out of the box when you obviously had it working and already installed windows on it?

I can pretty much guarantee at this point that any "issues" you have with your PC... are your own damn fault.

Except there are only 2 actual chassis fan slots, just because you can use the CPU ones doesn’t change that fact. 

I was only wrong about the M2 drive install, but that’s only because the way the mobo is configured out of the box is misleading. 

Also, being able to install windows doesn’t mean the drive isn’t faulty. 2 of the bluescreens I got were while I was trying to open files I downloaded, so the drive could be getting hung up while accessing those specific blocks of data. 

Anything else you want to bitch about?

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Except there are only 2 actual chassis fan slots, just because you can use the CPU ones doesn’t change that fact. 

I was only wrong about the M2 drive install, but that’s only because the way the mobo is configured out of the box is misleading. 

Also, being able to install windows doesn’t mean the drive isn’t faulty. 2 of the bluescreens I got were while I was trying to open files I downloaded, so the drive could be getting hung up while accessing those specific blocks of data. 

Anything else you want to bitch about?

Yea, you're dumb as shit.  You don't seem to understand or even be able to figure out the most basic of shit, which should be obvious to pretty much anyone.

There's 4 fan slots.  Read your manual.  There's the internet... read online.  You were wrong about the fans, wrong about the m.2, and you're wrong that your brand new NVMe drive is faulty.  You don't have a clue what the fuck you're doing, and because of stupid mistakes you're making, you think it's the fault of the product and the manufacturers.

No... you weren't wrong about the m.2 because "it was misleading"... you're just fucking stupid man.  Why THE FUCK would you think the MOBO heatsink screw would be the screw you use WHEN IT DOESNT EVEN LINE UP WITH THE FUCKING HOLES FOR THE M.2 DRIVES?  There's literally 3 holes that an M.2 drive could ACTUALLY screw into..  You would have known RIGHT AWAY that your m.2 drive doesn't line up with where the heatsink screw fastens down.  Not only that... but you took some other screw and tried to screw it in and probably fucked up the threading trying to force a screw that was obviously too big into the hole.  Not only that... but the fact that there's a spacer that you need to use... and without the spacer you're literally bending the drive downwards... how could you even ATTEMPT it.. and think that you were on the right track at all?

It's ridiculous.  Then to top it off, you come on here and act like an idiot blaming everyone but yourself, and you make it sound like such a chore.

And dude, you said faulty out of the box... which means that it doesn't work.. out of the box.  Yours did... and it does.  There's nothing wrong with it.  100%.  I have no doubt in my mind that when you went to fix your stupid m.2 mistake you went into the bios and because you changed the position of your m.2 drive it wasn't "the first shown"... it was probably detected, just not selected for priority boot.  One change and wow.. working fine.

I can't even give you the benefit of the doubt anymore.  It's not that you're just not knowledgeable with it... but you act like an asshole about it.  Just like you have before with other blatantly obvious things like the Nvidia Now shit...  You seem to have trouble with basic shit, and I now understand completely why you dickride consoles so much.

2 minutes ago, Remij (not a Lem cant help said:

Yea, you're dumb as shit.  You don't seem to understand or even be able to figure out the most basic of shit, which should be obvious to pretty much anyone.

There's 4 fan slots.  Read your manual.  There's the internet... read online.  You were wrong about the fans, wrong about the m.2, and you're wrong that your brand new NVMe drive is faulty.  You don't have a clue what the fuck you're doing, and because of stupid mistakes you're making, you think it's the fault of the product and the manufacturers.

No... you weren't wrong about the m.2 because "it was misleading"... you're just fucking stupid man.  Why THE FUCK would you think the MOBO heatsink screw would be the screw you use WHEN IT DOESNT EVEN LINE UP WITH THE FUCKING HOLES FOR THE M.2 DRIVES?  There's literally 3 holes that an M.2 drive could ACTUALLY screw into..  You would have known RIGHT AWAY that your m.2 drive doesn't line up with where the heatsink screw fastens down.  Not only that... but you took some other screw and tried to screw it in and probably fucked up the threading trying to force a screw that was obviously too big into the hole.  Not only that... but the fact that there's a spacer that you need to use... and without the spacer you're literally bending the drive downwards... how could you even ATTEMPT it.. and think that you were on the right track at all?

It's ridiculous.  Then to top it off, you come on here and act like an idiot blaming everyone but yourself, and you make it sound like such a chore.

And dude, you said faulty out of the box... which means that it doesn't work.. out of the box.  Yours did... and it does.  There's nothing wrong with it.  100%.  I have no doubt in my mind that when you went to fix your stupid m.2 mistake you went into the bios and because you changed the position of your m.2 drive it wasn't "the first shown"... it was probably detected, just not selected for priority boot.  One change and wow.. working fine.

I can't even give you the benefit of the doubt anymore.  It's not that you're just not knowledgeable with it... but you act like an asshole about it.  Just like you have before with other blatantly obvious things like the Nvidia Now shit...  You seem to have trouble with basic shit, and I now understand completely why you dickride consoles so much.

Oh please,  I probably know more about PC hardware than you do, despite not spending 90% of my posts creaming myself over graphics specs and details.

You're just making shit up now. I never said the screw was intended for the motherboard. I used it as a workaround because I've never installed that type of drive before in a desktop and the misleading documentation wasn't at all helpful. Despite the screw being slightly crooked the drive WAS still level with the motherboard. Obviously if that shit weren't straight and was putting tension on the connector i would have tried another workaround.

OK genius, please explain to me why after recovering from the blue screen my PC fails to detect the M2 drive every time, yet my secondary drive is always listed in the boot options? You don't have to be an expert to put 2 and 2 together and realize that theres either something wrong with the M2 drive itself, or the motherboard slot it fits into. Thats just troubleshooting 101.

Get off your high horse and stop acting like you're an expert on everything related to PCs, because you're clearly not.