• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll have to forgive him; he's currently only in the draft stage of his next race baiting thread.

It doesn't work on an Apple phone

Industry leading iPhone HDR, though.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, my own reference just used the same old industry term.

So, if I find a GM product manual that says the word "Horsepower"...........I would've officialy proven that there's horses inside a 2020 GMC pickup????

I love how you've tried this about 30 times already, and I've shut you down.......and you still keep on coming back like as if the next time you try it, its definitely going to work. LOL

Except its not old and it's still relevant to describe the way these edge lit TVs function. What's so difficult to understand? 

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Except its not old and it's still relevant to describe the way these edge lit TVs function. What's so difficult to understand? 

Pretty sure the tv industry has been using backlight to describe tv components for quite a while now.

5 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

This weirdo is sure hung up on that dumb horsepower analogy 

:hest:

If its so dumb............then maybe you can debunk it for me.

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

It doesn't even translate well if at all. :tom:

I'll be waiting for you to demonstrate how it doesn't translate well, you've only had about 15 opportunities to do so.

By, like all those other questions I pose to you guys............you magically stop from making a counter-response each and every single time.

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Pretty sure the tv industry has been using backlight to describe tv components for quite a while now.

If its so dumb............then maybe you can debunk it for me.

I'll be waiting for you to demonstrate how it doesn't translate well, you've only had about 15 opportunities to do so.

By, like all those other questions I pose to you guys............you magically stop from making a counter-response each and every single time.

Please enlighten us on how backlighting is now an old term that does not describe the way TVs today function? What has significantly changed that we can consider these TVs to not have a backlight source? 

We'll wait. 

Also, what do you consider OLED? Backlit or not? 

Edited by lynux3
8 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Please enlighten us on how backlighting is now an old term that does not describe the way TVs today function? What has significantly changed that we can consider these TVs to not have a backlight source? 

We'll wait. 

Also, what do you consider OLED? Backlit or not? 

Umm.........okay.

Rear-projection is the oldest form of any displayed viewing of film.

That uses a backlight. So, yes, we've been using the term for decades.

It a common term, so much so that we use it to describe ANY form of illumination.

OLED is definitely backlit, its light is specifically designed to fire directly to the viewer.

Did you really think that was going to be a hard question for me to answer?

Edited by jehurey
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Umm.........okay.

It a common term, so much so that we use it to describe ANY form of illumination.

OLED is definitely backlit, its light is specifically designed to fire directly to the viewer.

OLED isn't backlit, the pixel itself illuminates...

2 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

OLED isn't backlit, the pixel itself illuminates...

Light has to have a direction, does it not?

Jesus, you guys really aren't thinking here.

I also love how you are absolutely DESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSPERATE to find anything at this point.

All because I made of your outdated television. LOL

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Light has to have a direction, does it not?

Jesus, you guys really aren't thinking here.

I also love how you are absolutely DESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSPERATE to find anything at this point.

All because I made of your outdated television. LOL

Light projects outwardly from its source, that doesn't mean it's backlit. An OLED's pixels self-illuminate and produce color when electrical current is fed to them.

There's no light, and definitely not a backlight. The pixel itself is the source of light and color. 

Edited by DynamitCop! ALM
11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Umm.........okay.

tenor.gif

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Light projects outwardly from its source, that doesn't mean it's backlit. An OLED's pixels self-illuminate and produce color when electrical current is fed to them.

There's no light, and definitely not a backlight. The pixel itself is the source of light and color. 

of course it is, it is design to project forward, and all other viewing angles.

But...................you do understand how you are doing me a big..........big...............big....FUCKING HUGE favor is you are now saying that its okay to be very very strict with the SEMANTICS now when using these terms.

You are practically LOSING THE WAR in order to win this battle.

Please be stupid enough to go forward with this.:troll::troll::troll:

Just now, lynux3 said:

tenor.gif

Boom, then if we're that specific.

Then edge-LED are not back light the LCD.

:blessed::blessed::blessed:THANK YOU:blessed::blessed::blessed:

Oh my god, they actually did go forward with it. They just gave up the last 15 pages for that.

Just now, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Dude, he's so dumb. His understanding of display technology is the most asinine bunch of horse shit I've ever seen in my life. 

Hey Jerry, how do CRT's work.

I threw that question in for a reason because I knew he'd bite and fall the fuck apart. :rofls: 

Just now, lynux3 said:

I threw that question in for a reason because I knew he'd bite and fall the fuck apart. :rofls: 

And you just lost the last 15 pages by doing so.

THANK YOU..OH MY GOD:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Boom, then if we're that specific.

Then edge-LED are not back light the LCD.

THANK YOU

Oh my god, they actually did go forward with it. They just gave up the last 15 pages for that.

You didn't even answer most of my questions you idiot and the one you did you got completely fucking wrong... just like you've been this whole thread. :mj: 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

And you just lost the last 15 pages by doing so.

THANK YOU..OH MY GOD:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

It's cute that you actually think you gained something from falling for that question. :danylol: 

Just now, lynux3 said:

You didn't even answer most of my questions you idiot and the one you did you got completely fucking wrong... just like you've been this whole thread. :mj: 

Holy shit............he must have been sleeping because he just completely gave it away.

if we can be very specific with semantics on OLED, then he loses by trying to be obtuse with LCD backlight argument.

This guy just gave up the last 15 pages

BOTH OF THEM, in fact.

Just now, lynux3 said:

It's cute that you actually think you gained something from falling for that question. :danylol: 

He's trying to backtrack to get out of it.

:blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed: