6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Well, they're using an common industry term that is decades old.

You must be forgetting the first word there...................edge-lit.

They're clearly telling you the the lights ONLY exist from the edge.

Yes... edge-lit is a form of back lighting... because the light is guided... diffused... and reflected forward from BEHIND the LCD....

You don't get to talk only about where the bulbs are and not where the light is reflected from... sorry buddy...

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll have to forgive him; he's currently only in the draft stage of his next race baiting thread.

It doesn't work on an Apple phone

Industry leading iPhone HDR, though.

Posted Images

Just now, Remij_ said:

Yes... edge-lit is a form of back lighting... because the light is guided... diffused... and reflected forward from BEHIND the LCD....

You don't get to talk only about where the bulbs are and not where the light is reflected from... sorry buddy...

And this is exactly what I told him, the positioning of the lights is irrelevant, the light is being cast from the rear of the display forward. How this is accomplished doesn't matter, it's backlit. 

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

:drake:

i love how you have to resort to reading it wrong.

its not a back panel LIGHT.

its a reflector/diffusor of light that is in the back panel.

I love how you guys are still trying. LOL

5 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

No it's not the proper terminology, because you're just making shit up and giving things name, and trying to explain your way out of things you yourself posted which corroborate the fact and function of this display that we've been saying since square one and that you've been in denial over. 

but i'm pointing out that common industry terms are not to be taken are accurate descriptors.

Once again..........................HORSEPOWER.

Are there horses?????????? yes or no?

Just now, jehurey said:

i love how you have to resort to reading it wrong.

its not a back panel LIGHT.

its a reflector/diffusor of light that is in the back panel.

I love how you guys are still trying. LOL

but i'm pointing out that common industry terms are not to be taken are accurate descriptors.

Once again..........................HORSEPOWER.

Are there horses?????????? yes or no?

It's not back lit... It's just sourcing light from there!!11 :ironing:

:rofls:

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

its reflected from behind.

dude..............I'm not the one establishing that. The specs pages clearly define them from the placement of the bulb, and just the bulb.

It doesn't describe it as an entire module of reflectors and light-guiding elements. It doesn't describe the entire mechanism in which it provides the light, it just tells where the light source originates.

I didn't establish that rule.

Just now, lynux3 said:

It's not back lit... It's just sourcing light from there!!11 :ironing:

no, its reflecting of light occuring back there

I love how you have to pretend to not read words in order for your post to sound clever. LOL

oh man, i can literally see you running on fumes.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So it's reflecting light in the back of the display forward thus acting as a backlight source to illuminate the LCD?

Wow, it only took 21 pages for you to figure out that it's a backlit display. 

Edited by DynamitCop! ALM
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I love how you have to pretend to not read words in order for your post to sound clever. LOL

oh man, i can literally see you running on fumes.

It's not backlighting, it's just reflecting light sourcing from the back. :ironing:

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

And this is exactly what I told him, the positioning of the lights is irrelevant, the light is being cast from the rear of the display forward. How this is accomplished doesn't matter, it's backlit. 

No it isn't

You literally used the word "downfire" there is no forward projection of light coming from the led bulbs.

that can only happen through the diffusion and reflector panels.

And like I told remij, the spec pages that luyxn posted only describe the bulbs by themselves.

I would love it if it described the ENTIRE LIGHT MECHANISM within the descriptor. But it only keeps the description entirely on the LED bulb.

"edge-lit"

or "direct-lit"

Its telling you where the bulb is and hints are the direction in which its pointed.

Why doesn't "edge-lit" qualify as "edge, direct-lit"? Maybe because they knew that term might get them in trouble.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

its reflected from behind.

Indeed... the LCD is lit from behind.

Congrats... now you know why Edge-lit TVs are considered a BACKLIT TYPE OF LCD...

2 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

So it's reflecting light in the back of the display forward thus acting as a backlight source to illuminate the LCD?

Wow, it only took 21 pages for you to figure out that it's a backlit display. 

No.............because a BACK LIGHT is in reference to the LCD layer.

The Edge-LEDs never light the LCD layer on its.

Dude, you simply just aren't smart enough to twist my words.

Its not going to happen.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No it isn't

You literally used the word "downfire" there is no forward projection of light coming from the led bulbs.

that can only happen through the diffusion and reflector panels.

And like I told remij, the spec pages that luyxn posted only describe the bulbs by themselves.

I would love it if it described the ENTIRE LIGHT MECHANISM within the descriptor. But it only keeps the description entirely on the LED bulb.

"edge-lit"

or "direct-lit"

Its telling you where the bulb is and hints are the direction in which its pointed.

Why doesn't "edge-lit" qualify as "edge, direct-lit"? Maybe because they knew that term might get them in trouble.

Doesn't matter if the lights are firing up, down, left, right or backward. That light is making its way forward from the back of chassis through the display and is a backlight for it.

It's a backlit display. 

Edited by DynamitCop! ALM
Just now, Remij_ said:

Indeed... the LCD is lit from behind.

Congrats... now you know why Edge-lit TVs are considered a BACKLIT TYPE OF LCD...

No its redirected from behind.

What is the BACKLIGHT...............supposed to be LIGHTING???????????

The LCD layer.

Edge-LEDs are not lighting the LCD layer in any direct way.  It has to be redirected by reflectors and diffusors.

Therefore its reflected light, not actual backlight coming from the edge-LEDs.

Rofl, I like how at the end of this jerry is basically saying it's backlighting, but carefully skating around from actually saying it just to think he's saving face. However, that ship sailed long ago. :rofl:

Edited by lynux3
1 minute ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Doesn't matter if the lights are firing up, down, left, right or backward. That light is making its way forward through the display and is a backlight for it.

It's a backlit display. 

Yes it does.

Dude.............I've kept on bring up the MARKETING for this.

If Samsung could get away with it......................THEY WOULD call it the same "Back-lit" LED and attempt your obtuse logic.

But they don't. Why?

because they'd get in trouble for it.

Just now, lynux3 said:

Rofl, I like how at the end of this jerry is basically saying it's backlighting, but carefully skating around from actually saying it just to think he saving face. However, that ship sailed long ago. :rofl:

Yeah lol, he's trying to get super careful with his wording and it's getting pretty hilarious. 

Just now, jehurey said:

Yes it does.

Dude.............I've kept on bring up the MARKETING for this.

If Samsung could get away with it......................THEY WOULD call it the same "Back-lit" LED and attempt your obtuse logic.

But they don't. Why?

because they'd get in trouble for it.

Nope, they're just accurately telling you the method of backlighting. Edge-lit. 

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Rofl, I like how at the end of this jerry is basically saying it's backlighting, but carefully skating around from actually saying it just to think he's saving face. However, that ship sailed long ago. :rofl:

I like how he's pretending he's unearthed something that I haven't already explained many pages ago.

They're trying to pretend that I've admitted to something new. When I haven't

He's desperate to get out of here. IN fact both him and Dynocrap.

And all because I made fun of Dynocraps outdated television. LOL And this guy thought he could ease his butthurt by trying to troll.

I love seeing them engage in Sunk-Cost fallacy.

1 minute ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Yeah lol, he's trying to get super careful with his wording and it's getting pretty hilarious. 

I'm using the same wording as I have always been for the past 10 pages.

I love how you guys are pretending that you found something new.

You're not. LOL

Just now, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Nope, they're just accurately telling you the method of backlighting. Edge-lit. 

There is no light in the back behind the LCD layer, there is only reflectors and diffusers.

Once again............you guys are hanging your ENTIRE argument on the idea that a generic industry term used for the past few decades is solid proof that the light is "in the back"

Once again...................HORSEPOWER.........do modern cars use horses? I mean, I can refer to the term from a spec sheet, so it must be true, right????????