2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Except the LEDs are OUTSIDE the LCD.

BOOYAH............you picked the correct word..........................BEHIND.

the LEDs do not sit BEHIND the LCD.............only the diffusor and reflective panel.

You either understand the word "outside" or you don't.

Shocker dumbfuck, something can sit outside AND behind something else at the same time...

We live in a 3D world, but you seem to have a 2D brain.

:tom5:

Edited by DynamitCop! ALM
  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll have to forgive him; he's currently only in the draft stage of his next race baiting thread.

It doesn't work on an Apple phone

Industry leading iPhone HDR, though.

Posted Images

Just now, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Shocker dumbfuck, something can sit outside AND behind something else...

We live in a 3D world, but you seem to have 2D brain.

:tom5:

Except the LED lights DO NOT DIRECT the lights to the LCD layer.

Once again--geez I really cannot believe how many times I have to talk to you like David Cross spoke to those deaf people on Todd Margaret--once again, I used that analogy of two people in a dark room.

One person asked the other to light him from behind.

And the person with the flashlight points it straight to the ground.

Its also why I also asked what that tv would look like if you removed the diffusor and the reflective panel. You guys know what point I am trying to make, which is why the both of you abandon the discussion when I get to that question.

Teaching jerry is hard. I'm more convinced than ever that his school teachers probably just passed him to get him out of their class ASAP... well, literally the school entirely really. "Fuck it, just pass him, if we don't he'll singlehandedly bring our averages down across the board." - Prinicple

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Teaching jerry is hard. I'm more convinced than ever that his school teachers probably just passed him to get him out of their class ASAP... well, literally the school entirely really. "Fuck it, just pass him, if we don't he'll singlehandedly bring our averages down across the board." - Prinicple

Aw, poor guy is trying to find his out.

Its a shame how he magically decides to not answer certain specific questions that I give to him, each and every single time. Totally not noticeable.

Just now, lynux3 said:

Well duh, the LEDs are infront of the LCD according to you. :tom5:

No, they're outside that area, entirely.

I love how easy I can describe it to you.

2 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

s-l1600.jpg

:hest:

Just now, lynux3 said:

:rofls:

They're now trying to find ANYTHING ELSE to try and get under my skin.

In other words................they just abandoned the argument.

:blessed:

In fact, when I typing that whole "Lighting source" thing...........I was actually going to reference the GameBoy and say that the lighting source would be "External" or "Natural/Sunlight/Environmental" light. As an example to show how that universal term would literally be able to cover everything.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Aw, poor guy is trying to find his out.

Its a shame how he magically decides to not answer certain specific questions that I give to him, each and every single time. Totally not noticeable.

No, they're outside that area, entirely.

I love how easy I can describe it to you.

Oh so now the LEDs are outside and exposed? Interesting. :interesting:

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

They're now trying to find ANYTHING ELSE to try and get under my skin.

In other words................they just abandoned the argument.

:blessed:

In fact, when I typing that whole "Lighting source" thing...........I was actually going to reference the GameBoy and say that the lighting source would be "External" or "Natural/Sunlight/Environmental" light. As an example to show how that universal term would literally be able to cover everything.

Except in an edge-lit display the light source is in the back of the housing hence the reason why it's a type of backlighting. :danylol: You must be having a bad day... well, actually being a dumbass is probably your best days for you. 

• Upvote 1

Except in an edge-lit display the light source is in the back of the housing hence the reason why it's a type of backlighting. :danylol: You must be having a bad day... well, actually being a dumbass is probably your best days for you. 

He's getting mad.

Except its not lighting the LCD layer in any direct way, the diffusor filter sheet and the reflector panel achieve that.

Like I said, remove the diffusor and the reflective panel.............how much will those edge-LEDs light up the LCD layer?

(gee I wonder if larynx will avoid answering this again)

3 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Jerry, on this image show me where the LCD, diffuser, light guide, LED's and reflector are on this display.

IMG_20200705_193101.jpg

Well the leds would be on the outer perimeter............which means they never exist on the same horizontal axis as the LCD layer.

If the person viewing the screen is a point of reference (the Z-axis) then the LCD panel, diffusor and reflective panel exist on that z-axis.  Since the LED bulbs exist outside of the LCD layer. It is over, under, and to the left and right perimeter.

It directs light to the diffusor and the reflective, and those things redirect and spread the light (in all directions, actually) one of those being the LCD layer.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

He's getting mad.

Except its not lighting the LCD layer in any direct way, the diffusor filter sheet and the reflector panel achieve that.

Like I said, remove the diffusor and the reflective panel.............how much will those edge-LEDs light up the LCD layer?

It's amusing you're trying to turn this into something completely irrelevant to the discussion. All the sudden you're curious how well an edge-lit display will perform without the mentioned layers. Like... Who gives a flying fuck. :drake:

The fact is an edge lit LEDs are still a backlight you dipshit. 

Edited by lynux3
4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Jerry, tell me what each finger represents relative to an LCD panel. 

you-hand-line-icon-middle-finger-up-gest

:drake:

Sure

Starting from left to right:

Left-most finger represent some sort of protective layer, second left is the LCD layer third finger is the diffusor and the fourth finger would be the reflective panel.

Because on that axis................the LED bulbs do not exist.

:trump:

It's amusing you're trying to turn this into something completely irrelevant to the discussion. All the sudden you're curious how well an edge-lit display will perform without the mentioned layers. Like... Who gives a flying fuck. :drake:

The fact is an edge lit LED TV is still a backlight you dipshit. 

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yup, he does it every time.

And until he answers it...............he isn't anybody to lecture on who is posting bullshit.

Simple as that.  He has the power to prove that he's not a bullshit...........and he constantly fails.