1 minute ago, jehurey said:

I'm using the same wording as I have always been for the past 10 pages.

I love how you guys are pretending that you found something new.

You're not. LOL

There is no light in the back behind the LCD layer, there is only reflectors and diffusers.

Once again............you guys are hanging your ENTIRE argument on the idea that a generic industry term used for the past few decades is solid proof that the light is "in the back"

Once again...................HORSEPOWER.........do modern cars use horses? I mean, I can refer to the term from a spec sheet, so it must be true, right????????

You have got to be the dumbest mother fucker on planet earth... The light source being above and below the panel doesn't preclude it from also being behind it, which it is...

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll have to forgive him; he's currently only in the draft stage of his next race baiting thread.

It doesn't work on an Apple phone

Industry leading iPhone HDR, though.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

You have got to be the dumbest mother fucker on planet earth... The light source being above and below the panel doesn't preclude it from also being behind it, which it is...

In before, "oh he's mad". 

which you would be right if the edge-LEDs DIRECT ITS LIGHTS to the LCD layer.

..........but it doesn't.

Dude............the phrase "backlight" what is supposedly being "lighted" from the "back"

The LCD layer, correct?

Are the LEDs directly lighting the LCD layer from the back?  Yes or No?

You already know the answer. Light is REFLECTED through the back.

That's why I even speculated on a weird LCD design in which you could design LED lights be positing in front of the LCD layer, and then fire towards the back, and then the reflectors just bounce it forward.

In fact, we sorta already had a technology like that:

Mitsubishi-Home-Cinema-WD-73742-73-3D-DL

DLP. In fact, you could make one with a "lip" that sticks out in front, and therefore you have now positioned the light-source TECHNICALLY ahead of the LCD screen layer

Jehurey literally can't post about an Edge-lit TV... which doesn't explain it as a "backlighting" method... lmao

Even his own sources out him...

Most LED backlights for LCDs are edge-lit, i.e. several LEDs are placed at the edges of a lightguide, which distributes the light behind the LC panel. Advantages of this technique are the very thin flat-panel construction and low cost. A more expensive version is called full-array or direct LED and consists of many LEDs placed behind the LC panel (an array of LEDs), such that large panels can be evenly illuminated. This arrangement allows for local dimming to obtain darker black pixels depending on the image displayed.

The PLACEMENT of the LEDs DOES NOT FUCKING MATTER ONE BIT.... the REASON why it is BACKLIGHTING... is because NO MATTER WHERE THE LEDs are located... they are diffused, and directed forward FROM BEHIND THE LCD PANEL.

NO LCD PANEL IS LIT FROM THE EDGE... THEY ARE LIT FROM BEHIND.

Jehurey... you need to just accept when you're wrong dude...

Just now, jehurey said:

which you would be right if the edge-LEDs DIRECT ITS LIGHTS to the LCD layer.

..........but it doesn't.

Dude............the phrase "backlight" what is supposedly being "lighted" from the "back"

The LCD layer, correct?

Are the LEDs directly lighting the LCD layer from the back?  Yes or No?

You already know the answer. Light is REFLECTED through the back.

That's why I even speculated on a weird LCD design in which you could design LED lights be positing in front of the LCD layer, and then fire towards the back, and then the reflectors just bounce it forward.

In fact, we sorta already had a technology like that:

DLP. In fact, you could make one with a "lip" that sticks out in front, and therefore you have now positioned the light-source TECHNICALLY ahead of the LCD screen layer

He's now trying to compare projection televisions to a backlit LCD... What in the hell is wrong with this mans brain...

Just now, Remij_ said:

Jehurey literally can't post about an Edge-lit TV... which doesn't explain it as a "backlighting" method... lmao

Even his own sources out him...

Most LED backlights for LCDs are edge-lit, i.e. several LEDs are placed at the edges of a lightguide, which distributes the light behind the LC panel. Advantages of this technique are the very thin flat-panel construction and low cost. A more expensive version is called full-array or direct LED and consists of many LEDs placed behind the LC panel (an array of LEDs), such that large panels can be evenly illuminated. This arrangement allows for local dimming to obtain darker black pixels depending on the image displayed.

The PLACEMENT of the LEDs DOES NOT FUCKING MATTER ONE BIT.... the REASON why it is BACKLIGHTING... is because NO MATTER WHERE THE LEDs are located... they are diffused, and directed forward FROM BEHIND THE LCD PANEL.

NO LCD PANEL IS LIT FROM THE EDGE... THEY ARE LIT FROM BEHIND.

Jehurey... you need to just accept when you're wrong dude...

But you just used the word that completely falls in line with everything I have been saying

"distributes"

It is lit from the edge, the reflectors and diffusors bounce it around to re-orient it outwards towards the LCD layer.

But make no mistake, the light originates from the edge and never once firing directly onto the LCD layer.

Backlighting is a general term. It doesn't prove your argument anymore that me using "Horsepower" proves that there's horses in a modern car engine.

He's now trying to compare projection televisions to a backlit LCD... What in the hell is wrong with this mans brain...

Except the both use a light, correct?

ANd that light is clearly not at the back pointing towards the LCD layer, correct?

You know exactly what I was doing there. I even used the word "speculate".

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

But you just used the word that completely falls in line with everything I have been saying

"distributes"

It is lit from the edge, the reflectors and diffusors bounce it around to re-orient it outwards towards the LCD layer.

But make no mistake, the light originates from the edge and never once firing directly onto the LCD layer.

Backlighting is a general term. It doesn't prove your argument anymore that me using "Horsepower" proves that there's horses in a modern car engine.

The panel is illuminated from the back therefore it is backlit. This isn't rocket science. 

The panel is illuminated from the back therefore it is backlit. This isn't rocket science. 

No. A backlight has to be light coming from the back going to the front.

Edge-leds do not do that.  You said the keyword yourself "fires downwards"

You can't retcon that one.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

"distributes"

No... the LCD panel is NOT lit from the edge... it's lit from behind... which is why it's referred to as "backlighting type"

Where the light ORIGINATES is IRRELEVENT... the light enters the through the LCD panel FROM BEHIND...

There's a reason why there's as distinction between the type of BACKLIGHTING it is.... it explains where the LEDs are placed... but the term BACKLIGHT refers to where the light enters the LCD panel from.....

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No. A backlight has to be light coming from the back going to the front.

Edge-leds do not do that.  You said the keyword yourself "fires downwards"

You can't retcon that one.

Holy shit. :rofls:

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

No... the LCD panel is NOT lit from the edge... it's lit from behind... which is why it's referred to as "backlighting type"

Where the light ORIGINATES is IRRELEVENT... the light enters the through the LCD panel FROM BEHIND...

There's a reason why there's as distinction between the type of BACKLIGHTING it is.... it explains where the LEDs are placed... but the term BACKLIGHT refers to where the light enters the LCD panel from.....

You know that is isn't irrelevant, because you PERSONALLY KNOW that direct lighting of the LED bulbs from an array in that directly behind the LCD layer is:

1.) Brighter

2.) Achieve better contrast (and therefore darker blacks) because of dimming

How the hell is it "irrelevant" when you clearly know that.

The term backlight is just a generic industry term.

It does not prove the argument. That's the lazy argument I accused these other guys many pages ago.

You're arguing BACKWARDS by relying on that term as a crutch.

if it were all the same backlight, then Samsung and other TV manufacturers would be able to get away with "direct backlight"

I mean, how would they be wrong if they used the same obtuse interpretation of the word?

But they don't do it, because they're probably get sued.

4 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

How is this still a thing, this is actually incredible at this point 

:lawl:

Jerry on his own jerry-go-round while we observe the fail. :juggle:

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You know that is isn't irrelevant, because you PERSONALLY KNOW that direct lighting of the LED bulbs from an array in that directly behind the LCD layer is:

1.) Brighter

2.) Achieve better contrast (and therefore darker blacks) because of dimming

How the hell is it "irrelevant" when you clearly know that.

The term backlight is just a generic industry term.

It does not prove the argument. That's the lazy argument I accused these other guys many pages ago.

You're arguing BACKWARDS by relying on that term as a crutch.

if it were all the same backlight, then Samsung and other TV manufacturers would be able to get away with "direct backlight"

I mean, how would they be wrong if they used the same obtuse interpretation of the word?

But they don't do it, because they're probably get sued.

Your own reference proves our point. If you can't see that then you probably can't see your own dick. :mj:

6 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

So, an Edge-Lit display.

:hest:

Exceot the edge-LEDS never directly light the LCD layer.

Once again, if you removed the diffusor and reflector, how much of the LCD layer would you see?

Whenever I ask that, you guys run away.

4 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

How is this still a thing, this is actually incredible at this point 

:lawl:

He's trying to laugh his way out, now.

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Holy shit. :rofls:

I love how he's pretending that he found a wording that blew his mind.........but there isn't any.

But he's trying to sell it so bad.

Just now, lynux3 said:

Jerry on his own jerry-go-round while we observe the fail. :juggle:

Like I said..............he's trying to sell it so hard.

Just now, DynamitCop! ALM said:

And he's trying to meme his way out of it. So I definitely know that this guy is on his way out.

Just now, lynux3 said:

Your own reference proves our point. If you can't see that then you probably can't see your own dick. :mj:

No, my own reference just used the same old industry term.

So, if I find a GM product manual that says the word "Horsepower"...........I would've officialy proven that there's horses inside a 2020 GMC pickup????

I love how you've tried this about 30 times already, and I've shut you down.......and you still keep on coming back like as if the next time you try it, its definitely going to work. LOL