Just now, jehurey said:

I already did, MANY times over.

THe led is NOT FACING YOU.

The HOUSING OF THE LIGHTING MODULE may exist behind the LCD layer.............but the LCD is not being lit DIRECTLY BEHIND by LED bulbs lighting it directly from behind.

I even gave another example.

Two people in a dark room, and one person tells the other to shine a flashlight at their back.

And the second person with the flashlight points the flashlight.................TO THE GROUND.

That is not backlighting.

You know you're relying on an obtuse interpretation.

Non-front firing LEDs at the perimeter of a display providing the light source behind all layers in the TV... almost sounds like a back light. :lupe: What's it called exactly? Kind of backlight? Almost backlight? Nearly there backlight? Are we there yet backlight? :rofl: 

Don't you see how embarrassingly retarded you sound and literally are? You lack complete self awareness and this petty "argument" you're attempting to push isn't working. Only your little pea size brain knows why you continue going on with this charade. :snoop:

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll have to forgive him; he's currently only in the draft stage of his next race baiting thread.

It doesn't work on an Apple phone

Industry leading iPhone HDR, though.

Posted Images

Just now, DynamitCop! ALM said:

It is literally not, it's just a fact of the technology, the way it works and which direction the illumination stems from...

The fucking back...

No, its just a lazy obtuse interpretation of a COMMON TERM.

Cars use the term HORSEPOWER when describing specifications of a car engine, right?

So does that mean actual horses are used? Or did it just become a general unit of measurement?

Like I said.............one of us is trying to use the term as obtusely as possible, and the one isn't.

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Non-front firing LEDs at the perimeter of a display providing the light source behind all layers in the TV... almost sounds like a back light. :lupe: What's it called exactly? Kind of backlight? Almost backlight? Nearly there backlight? Are we there yet backlight? :rofl: 

Don't you see how embarrassingly retarded you sound and literally are? You lack complete self awareness and this petty "argument" you're attempting to push isn't working. Only your little pea size brain knows why you continue going on with this charade. :snoop:

Except the light source is literally not behind the LCD layer.

Its reflected light coming from the perimeter.........the source of the light is literally OUTSIDE of the LCD layer.

Dude..........your the one trying to use the term in the most obtuse way possible.

Dynocrap started this tangent because he wanted to AVOIDED the obvious point I was making, one being largely inferior to the other.

You entered this thread to help Dynocrap...........not because you REALLY have strong beliefs in what a Sony product page listing used to describe that category in the Specifications section.:kaz:

The people who are disingenuous with the usage of that word are the ones who KNOW they are bullshitting.

Edited by jehurey
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No, its just a lazy obtuse interpretation of a COMMON TERM.

Cars use the term HORSEPOWER when describing specifications of a car engine, right?

So does that mean actual horses are used? Or did it just become a general unit of measurement?

Like I said.............one of us is trying to use the term as obtusely as possible, and the one isn't.

It's not a lazy interpretation, and horsepower was created from horses as a comparative to the capability of the mechanical engine. 

I don't even see how this dumb reference relates.

Just now, jehurey said:

Its reflected light coming from the perimeter.........the source of the light is literally OUTSIDE of the LCD layer.

Dude..........your the one trying to use the term in the most obtuse way possible.

Dynocrap started this thread because he wanted to AVOIDED the obvious point I was making, one being largely inferior to the other.

You entered this thread to help Dynocrap...........not because you REALLY have strong beliefs in what a Sony product page listing used to describe that category in the Specifications section.:kaz:

The people who are disingenuous with the usage of that word are the ones who KNOW they are bullshitting.

It doesn't have to be physically behind the panel, its horizontal location is still behind the panel, it's emitting its light behind the panel, its light is being guided, reflected and diffused behind the panel, its light is being cast through the back of the panel forward as a lit image...

It's a backlight, it's a backlit display... You're making up fake 'rules' that don't exist because you've horribly failed to grasp simple concepts. 

Dynocrap started this tangent because he wanted to AVOIDED the obvious point I was making, one being largely inferior to the other.

Like I said, you can't fix stupid. :mj:

• Upvote 1
Just now, DynamitCop! ALM said:

It's not a lazy interpretation, and horsepower was created from horses as a comparative to the capability of the mechanical engine. 

And televisions were originally backlit DIRECTLY from behind in cathode ray tubes.

Except edge-lighting, by clear observation, does not exist BEHIND the display layer.

If you considered the Diffusion FIlter sheet and the Reflector panel to be consider a "lighting module" then I would expect that term to read:

"Backlight Type: Reflector/Diffusor Panel"..................because that is LITERALLY what is behind the LCD and what is directing the light.

The LEDs still remain outside, on the perimeter.

3 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

It doesn't relate at all. It's not even comparable. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, jehurey said:

And televisions were originally backlit DIRECTLY from behind in cathode ray tubes.

Except edge-lighting, by clear observation, does not exist BEHIND the display layer.

If you considered the Diffusion FIlter sheet and the Reflector panel to be consider a "lighting module" then I would expect that term to read:

"Backlight Type: Reflector/Diffusor Panel"..................because that is LITERALLY what is behind the LCD and what is directing the light.

The LEDs still remain outside, on the perimeter.

And cars originally had steam engines, and now they have internal combustion engines and electric motors. Are they no longer driven by mechanical engines? Are they no longer cars?

:drake:

1 minute ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

It doesn't have to be physically behind the panel

:snoop:lol oh my god

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Like I said, you can't fix stupid. :mj:

And now he's back to his original masterplan, just plain ole trolling.

It still tickles me that I made this guy put his eggs in the Dynocrap basket.

Just now, jehurey said:

:snoop:lol oh my god

And now he's back to his original masterplan, just plain ole trolling.

It still tickles me that I made this guy put his eggs in the Dynocrap basket.

So if it's not a backlight what's it called? I'm genuinely curious. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

It doesn't relate at all. It's not even comparable. 

Yes it does, because its a term that no longer means what it originally meant, yet is still used in that particular industry.

1 minute ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

And cars originally had steam engines, and now they have internal combustion engines and electric motors. Are they no longer driven by mechanical engines? Are they no longer cars?

:drake:

Horse-powered transport would've predated steam cars. Which is why the term horsepower would be used during that time.

But, your post is perfect...............nobody uses the word "engine" or "motor" to determine WHERE its at.  The term is much more universal.

For television lighting...................an equivalent term to "engine" would be "Lighting Source". That would be a true universal catch-all term that just about any type of bulb lighting, or laser-lighting, or projection light would fall under.

That's what I am getting at................you two tried to use a term like "backlight" to PROVE something in the laziest most obtuse way possible.

All because the industry still uses the term "backlight".

If the television industry used the term "Lighting Source" your ENTIRE ARGUMENT wouldn't exist............thats how much of a crutch it is when you are using it.

You're argument is constructed ass-backwards.

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

So if it's not a backlight what's it called? I'm genuinely curious. 

Lighting source.

Dynocrap used the perfect comparison: car engine.

Engine is a super-univeral concept. The auto industry doesn't say "Conbustible-Engine", they just use "Engine", or "Motor".

So, the television industry equivalent would be "Lighting Source"

That term would be universal enough to catch everything used to illuminate televisions.

They're trying to flame their way out.

And its not going to work.

7 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

:lawl:

2 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Just now, lynux3 said:

It's literally a light source... from the back of the TV, but somehow it's not a backlight. :ben:

Except its not behind the LCD layer...........its not in the back, its in the outer perimeter. You specifically said so yourself.

The diffuser and the reflector panel are what is directly back of the viewable LCD panel. But since the tv industry seems to only refer to the bulbs, then we must only talk about the fact that its on the outside of the viewable LCD layer.

You either know what "back" means............or you don't.

Outside in the perimeter is NOT "back".

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Dipshiturey literally trying to make fetch happen and it went horribly wrong. :rofls:

He's running out of bullshit.............and he's now looking towards Dynocrap for affirmation.

You have no idea how much satisfaction I take that you've put yourself in that spot.

They're trying to flame their way out.

And its not going to work.

Except its not behind the LCD layer...........its not in the back, its in the outer perimeter. You specifically said so yourself.

The diffuser and the reflector panel are what is directly back of the viewable LCD panel. But since the tv industry seems to only refer to the bulbs, then we must only talk about the fact that its on the outside of the viewable LCD layer.

You either know what "back" means............or you don't.

Outside in the perimeter is NOT "back".

No the lights are most definitely in the back of the display...