9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No. you intentionally entered this thread to try and support Dynocrap making an obtuse semantics argument. and you purposely did it to troll.

Stop crying like a bitch, and maybe I'll stop treating you like a bitch.

Edge-lit lighting is not actual back-lighting...........and you already know why. Its up to you when you decide to stop playing stupid.

But if you keep on playing stupid..........I'll keep on treating you that way.

You're conflating Direct-Lit and Full Array with being the synonym for a backlit LCD, and they're just not. Like Edge-Lit backlit displays they are merely another method.

That's it, that's all there is to it. I don't even understand what the end game is for you here and it's getting really weird. 

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll have to forgive him; he's currently only in the draft stage of his next race baiting thread.

It doesn't work on an Apple phone

Industry leading iPhone HDR, though.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

No, I came in here and corrected you, which is exactly what happened. In the process I've exposed how stupid you can truly be. Sucks for you. 

No, you didn't...........you relied on semantics, when I clearly explained you why its semantics, and explained the clear difference in the technology.

You know exactly what "back" and "light" means. You're just trying to play dumb.

Believe me, if you thought you had an air-tight argument, you wouldn't have resorted to as many petty re-ports and trolling as you have.  Its obvious why you are here, and take satisfaction that your butthurt is that comprehensive.

2 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

You're conflating Direct-Lit and Full Array with being the synonym for a backlit LCD, and they're just not. Like Edge-Lit backlit displays they are merely another method.

That's it, that's all there is to it. I don't even understand what the end game is for you here and it's getting really weird. 

You're the one who intended to conflate it, because you wanted to make your TV to still be the same as modern televisions.

Here's your post:

16 hours ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Nothing to do with any of the previous conversation because that's cooked, but you're exhibiting even more unrelated stupidity.

Edge lighting is back lighting, full array is back lighting, they're both back lighting. To add to this they stopped calling them LCD's because CCFL backlights were replaced by LED's, so LED just naturally became the moniker for the display.

God you're so dumb...

You're the one clearly saying "they ALL BACKLIGHTING, its all the same thing, just different methods"

C'mon dude, don't lie to me...............you're saying that to MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER about your television.

Improve brightness, Improved uniformity in lighting, and Improved contrast are a direct result of having the LED light DIRECTLY behind the LCD layer and projecting that light D-I-R-E-C-T-L-Y outwards.

And you tried to use a catch-all term "its all the same backlighting, they all qualify as backlighting"

Like as if I couldn't figure out what you were trying to achieve with that remark.

Just now, jehurey said:

No, you didn't...........you relied on semantics, when I clearly explained you why its semantics, and explained the clear difference in the technology.

You know exactly what "back" and "light" means. You're just trying to play dumb.

Believe me, if you thought you had an air-tight argument, you wouldn't have resorted to as many petty re-ports and trolling as you have.  Its obvious why you are here, and take satisfaction that your butthurt is that comprehensive.

No, I relied on something that you continue to fail at interpreting; which is why I happily corrected you and will continue to do so long as I feel like responding to your stupidity.

"Backlight Type: Edge-lit LED"

What about the above quote do you have difficulty understanding exactly? Are you really trying to push the notion that an edge lit TV does not function as a backlight? If it doesn't then I guess all edge lit TVs are just blank screens... I mean that's exactly what you're saying. If edge lit TVs aren't emitting a backlight what is the light source? Please enlighten us. :mj: 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

You're the one who intended to conflate it, because you wanted to make your TV to still be the same as modern televisions.

You're trying to drag in another conversation I already ended, I'm not biting.

The funniest part about the entire situation wit this whole backlit debacle is the fact that Edge-Lit LCD's are the most common backlit LCD display on the planet. 

7 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

No, I relied on something that you continue to fail at interpreting; which is why I happily corrected you and will continue to do so long as I feel like responding to your stupidity.

What about the above quote do you have difficulty understanding exactly? Are you really trying to push the notion that an edge lit TV does not function as a backlight? If it doesn't then I guess all edge lit TVs are just blank screens... I mean that's exactly what you're saying. If edge lit TVs aren't emitting a backlight what is the light source? Please enlighten us. :mj: 

So when they talk about engine horsepower.............its an engine that literally uses horses as its method?

I mean the word HORSES is in the header of that field............so that proves it, right?

Notice how you avoid this.............because you know that I'm proving the point that I am saying. That its just an obtuse general term, and not a hard descriptor.

I've already said to you many times..............and you avoid answering my points EVERY time.

You're going to avoid it again, which is just proof that you know you are bullshitting.

Just now, jehurey said:

So when they talk about engine horsepower.............its an engine that literally uses horses as its method?

I mean the word HORSES is in the header of that field............so that proves it, right?

Notice how you avoid this.............because you know that I'm proving the point that I am saying. That its just an obtuse general term, and not a hard descriptor.

I've already said to you many times..............and you avoid answering my points EVERY time.

You're going to avoid it again, which is just proof that you know you are bullshitting.

First sentence and you already fucked up. After that nothing else is worth reading. Stay losing.

9 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

You're trying to drag in another conversation I already ended, I'm not biting.

The funniest part about the entire situation wit this whole backlit debacle is the fact that Edge-Lit LCD's are the most common backlit LCD display on the planet. 

Dude..............you literally just typed ANOTHER TALKING POINT to make yourself feel better about your old tv.

Like...........................thank you for demonstrating exactly what you were TRYING to do last night.

You just tried doing it again, in another way, right now.

Just now, jehurey said:

Dude..............you literally just typed ANOTHER TALKING POINT to make yourself feel better about your old tv.

Like...........................thank you for demonstrating exactly what you were TRYING to do last night.

You just tried doing it again, in another way, right now.

1CpCf1I.png

Just now, lynux3 said:

First sentence and you already fucked up. After that nothing else is worth reading. Stay losing.

Yup..............a known bullshit like yourself was just caught bullshitting.

I took the effort to debunk each one of your points, no matter how ludicrous and disingenuous they were.

And you run off and give your customary punk-bitch trolling because you can't keep the pretend up anymore.

Expect the same thing to happen to you next time you enter another troll. And we both know you will do that.

1 minute ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

1CpCf1I.png

[Jerry]: You literally said something to make yourself feel better about your tv.

[Dynocrap]: I don't know what you are talking about, besides my type of lighting is the most-common type.

[Jerry]: :sass1:

Just now, jehurey said:

I took the effort to debunk each one of your points, no matter how ludicrous and disingenuous they were.

And you run off and give your customary punk-bitch trolling because you can't keep the pretend up anymore.

Expect the same thing to happen to you next time you enter another troll. And we both know you will do that.

Perpetuating delusional talking points, ignoring inarguable evidence, the science behind an Edge-Lit display and disregarding fact in its entirety isn't debunking something...

You've only made yourself look like a total idiot. 

• dead 1
Just now, jehurey said:

14 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Answer the question. Surely you can muster up enough intellect to tell us how this is really working. We're all very interested. :jordan3:

Just now, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Perpetuating delusional talking points, ignoring inarguable evidence, the science behind an Edge-Lit display and disregarding fact in its entirety isn't debunking something...

You've only made yourself look like a total idiot. 

Dude..........you the one who is literally using an obtuse interpretation of "backlight" when I am explaining to you how vastly different it is to have edge-LED bulbs NOT FACING YOU versus LED bulbs in an array ALL FACING YOU.

And you're trying to play dumb and say "its all the same thing because they exist behind the LCD"

Dude, stop with the disingenuous argument.

One of us is relying on OBTUSE interpretations, the other is being very specific.

Dude..........you the one who is literally using an obtuse interpretation of "backlight" when I am explaining to you how vastly different it is to have edge-LED bulbs NOT FACING YOU versus LED bulbs in an array ALL FACING YOU.

And you're trying to play dumb and say "its all the same thing because they exist behind the LCD"

Dude, stop with the disingenuous argument.

One of us is relying on OBTUSE interpretations, the other is being very specific.

It's not disingenuous, the LED's in an Edge-Lit LCD are LITERALLY behind the display panel, and they illuminate said panel via the back through guided light and a diffuser...

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Answer the question. Surely you can muster up enough intellect to tell us how this is really working. We're all very interested. :jordan3:

I already did, MANY times over.

THe led is NOT FACING YOU.

The HOUSING OF THE LIGHTING MODULE may exist behind the LCD layer.............but the LCD is not being lit DIRECTLY BEHIND by LED bulbs lighting it directly from behind.

I even gave another example.

Two people in a dark room, and one person tells the other to shine a flashlight at their back.

And the second person with the flashlight points the flashlight.................TO THE GROUND.

That is not backlighting.

You know you're relying on an obtuse interpretation.

Just now, jehurey said:

THe led is NOT FACING YOU.

The HOUSING OF THE LIGHTING MODULE may exist behind the LCD layer.............but the LCD is not being lit DIRECTLY BEHIND by LED bulbs lighting it directly from behind.

It doesn't have to be, it's still illuminating the panel from the back i.e. a backlit LCD...

:hest:

Just now, DynamitCop! ALM said:

It's not disingenuous, the LED's in an Edge-Lit LCD are LITERALLY behind the display panel, and they illuminate said panel via the back through guided light and a diffuser...

that is literally disingenous...............and you know you are being obtuse with the term "backlight"

It is is reflected light, 

it is cheaper, and uses less lights, which means it achieves less brightness..........and it lends itself to the same flaws as LCDs from the mid-2000's.

It is a lighting module that sits behind the LCD layer.............but the bulbs do not directly light the display by being BEHIND the LCD layer.

You know its an inferior technology, so you tried to derail all of this by turning this into a mega-tangent over the meaning of "backlight"

1 minute ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

It doesn't have to be, it's still illuminating the panel from the back i.e. a backlit LCD...

:hest:

For proper backlight.............that isn't the inferior shit that I have been making fun of since last night.............it definitely has to be.

You are now admitting that you are STRETCHING to definition of backlight.

that is literally disingenous...............and you know you are being obtuse with the term "backlight"

It is is reflected light, 

it is cheaper, and uses less lights, which means it achieves less brightness..........and it lends itself to the same flaws as LCDs from the mid-2000's.

It is a lighting module that sits behind the LCD layer.............but the bulbs do not directly light the display by being BEHIND the LCD layer.

You know its an inferior technology, so you tried to derail all of this by turning this into a mega-tangent over the meaning of "backlight"

It is literally not, it's just a fact of the technology, the way it works and which direction the illumination stems from...

The fucking back...