2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Here's a Sony TV with edge lit backlighting.

image.png.1564fcd3eb1765abc197725ec32c883d.png

Obviously it's wrong. :danylol:

I don't know what the guys deal is and how he can't understand that the orientation of the LED's doesn't matter, it's still a backlit display lol.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll have to forgive him; he's currently only in the draft stage of his next race baiting thread.

It doesn't work on an Apple phone

Industry leading iPhone HDR, though.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

I don't know what the guys deal is and how he can't understand that the orientation of the LED's doesn't matter, it's still a backlit display lol.

If he has an edge lit TV that's not backlit then I guess that explains why he doesn't play games. :danylol:

Just now, lynux3 said:

If he has an edge lit TV that's not backlit then I guess that explains why he doesn't play games. :danylol:

Honestly I think he legit thought it functioned like those sheets of acrylic where it casts light into the edge of the plastic to illuminate the plastic panel.

:hest:

Oh, by the way LG is wrong too.

9VrwxcM.png

19 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Honestly I think he legit thought it functioned like those sheets of acrylic where it casts light into the edge of the plastic to illuminate the plastic panel.

9VrwxcM.png

image.png.3295e97d587ef39a0e7a4104a65f5740.png

So is Vizio. They all must be in on it. :hest: 

I love how you guys...

5 hours ago, lynux3 said:

It literally says backlighting type. :hest:

1 hour ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

IMG_20200705_104032.jpg

:danylol:

1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

Here's a Sony TV with edge lit backlighting.

image.png.1564fcd3eb1765abc197725ec32c883d.png

Obviously it's wrong. :danylol:

1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

9VrwxcM.png

53 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

image.png.3295e97d587ef39a0e7a4104a65f5740.png

So is Vizio. They all must be in on it. :hest: 

52 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

The great Edge-Lit conspiracy of 2020

:lawl:

Are just completely, almost childishly, wholesomely...............................wrong

Gee............do you consider that to be a "backlight"?????????

LED-Strip-66leds-for-Samsung-55-TV-V6ER-

They use diffusion filters to help evenly spread the light:

This is direct-lit LED backlight.....................lighting that is ACTUALLY IN THE BACK.

Different+alignments+of+LEDs.jpeg

Full-array LED-backlight

vizio-full-array-zones-large-56a4b48d3df78cf77283d2e0.jpg
Full-array Backlit LCDs Display The Best Picture Quality As The Entire Surface Is Covered With LEDs

The term full-array is used where LEDs cover the entire back-side of the LCD panel. Full-array TVs are high-ends TVs that are heavier and often thicker, but they provide better picture quality as all parts of the screen are evenly backlit. They offer the most effective local dimming, as the LEDs are more in number and are spread over the entire back surface of the panel.  The independent dimming of each LED in these TV sets helps in achieving perfect blacks. But, as they are costlier to manufacture, they are rare.  

EDGE-lit LEDs or ELED

edge-lit%2BLEDs.jpeg
Edge-lit LCDs Have Lesser Number Of LEDs That Are Aligned On The Margins Of The Panel 

Edge LEDs use an array of LED backlights along the outer edges of the screen that use lightguides or diffusers to fire light across into the centre of the screen.

Pros of ELED TVs

This technology allows the designing and manufacturing of exceptionally thin TV sets. Edge-lit sets also have a cost-benefit over direct, local dimming versions (DLED) as fewer LEDs are used in them. Because of which, they are power efficient too.

Cons of ELED TVs

However, technically, it is the least effective system in terms of achieving a high contrast ratio as it does not offer ‘local dimming’. The black levels are not as deep and the edge area of the screen has a tendency to be brighter than the centre area of the screen. The Edge TVs not only struggle to produce a high contrast, they can also get affected by Murra Effect, which can cause light to bleed from sides to gradually overpower the entire screen.

Sweeties................the edge LED lights are on the "backside" in the sense that it is lined up with the Diffuser Filter sheet that is BEHIND the LCD pixels, because the LEDs light up the DIffusion FIlter to spread light.

But, let's make this perfectly clear...............the LEDs are NEVER actually behind the LCD layer projecting light towards you. They are within the bezel that makes up the perimeter of the viewable screen. And they shine their light directly across the viewing plane (x-axis, y-axis).

Direct-LED backlight are LEDs that have been lined up to shine directly at you (z-axis).

It is why Dynocrap's tv is only 435 nits in actual "real-scene" HDR peak brightness, but a Samsung QLED is over 1200 nits in "real scene" HDR peak brightness.

What exactly made you think that you could conflate the two?

Got any more semantics examples to help you out?:tom5:

Edited by jehurey
6 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Rofl, yes, the manufacturers are all wrong. :rofls: What a dumbass.

LOL he's still attempting semantics while pretending to play stupid.

He knows that an LED strip that is on the perimeter is not a "back" light.

You know its bad when he's running to Dynocrap to find support and comfort:drake:

9 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

lol this fucking psycho has lost his marbles, he spent the last 30 minutes making this bullshit post just to be wrong.

It's not a debate Jerry, an edge-lit TV is a backlit display

No. Its not a back-lit display.

The light being delivered is through a diffusion filter. The LEDs are clearly not behind the LCD layer.

Its why you have a much weaker HDR implementation.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

You know its bad when he's running to Dynocrap to find support and comfort:drake:

The light being delivered is through a diffusion filter. The LEDs are clearly not behind the LCD layer.

You're an idiot, the lights cast light through the back of the panel forward illuminating it, again ORIENTATION OF THE LIGHTS DOESN'T MATTER.

It's a backlit display.

You're the dumbest person in existence. 

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

:rofls: 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

You're an idiot, the lights cast light through the back of the panel forward illuminating it, again ORIENTATION OF THE LIGHTS DOESN'T MATTER.

It's a backlit display.

You're the dumbest person in existence. 

yes, the orientation of the lights does matter.

Dude, that's why you are a dipshit trying to pretend that his 435 nit brightness is somehow competing with Samsung QLEDs

If you saw an actual BACK-LIT television developed within the past 2-3 years, you'd know that its brightness blows yours out of the water.

Just now, lynux3 said:

I like how this guy actually knows, he's just trying to sell the trolling at this point because he's butthurt about the fact that I'm gloating that he's wrong.

Not the first time he's attempted that routine. LOL

Just now, jehurey said:

Dude, that's why you are a dipshit trying to pretend that his 435 nit brightness is somehow competing with Samsung QLEDs

If you saw an actual BACK-LIT television developed within the past 2-3 years, you'd know that its brightness blows yours out of the water.

I like how this guy actually knows, he's just trying to sell the trolling at this point because he's butthurt about the fact that I'm gloating that he's wrong.

:patpatpat:

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Just now, DynamitCop! ALM said:

I like how that hand is coming from the EDGE of that person's head.

To help understand actual BACKlight, the hand would be coming to you in this direction:

-tCbiVzItaPtTKZ6g0n37SJspDP0oSncrHxbdgp-

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

He's literally tapping out. LOL

Like I said, not the first time he's done that.

Just now, jehurey said:

To help understand actual BACKlight, the hand would be coming to you in this direction:

2 minutes ago, jehurey said: