27 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

You do realize that these tests are being performed on specific displays and are not representative of any other display or LED as a whole right? Everything that happens is entirely display dependent. For example the model which directly replaced my KS800D in the following model year was considerably worse all around and it was billed as the successor. When I disable game mode the image and color gamut flattens out, luminosity and peak highlights are lost; literally the exact opposite of what he's saying here for this Q90R.

You'll come to understand that not everything with TV's even from the same manufacturer has the same effect or is a one size fits all. There's a reason the KS8000 is such a legendary and revered TV, it has very limited drawbacks and in multiple ways is better than even some of what is releasing today in the same class.

As a side note he even noted for the Q90R that the compromises in processing are the result of the full array handling, guess what? I don't have full array. 

If you don't have full array local dimming.............then your LCD/LED tv is assuredly worse.

FALD is the very thing that allows these recent Samsung QLEDs to even get close to OLED quality.

If you "knew what you were talking about" you would've never admitted that you don't have FALD.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll have to forgive him; he's currently only in the draft stage of his next race baiting thread.

It doesn't work on an Apple phone

Industry leading iPhone HDR, though.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

If you don't have full array local dimming.............then your LCD/LED tv is assuredly worse.

FALD is the very thing that allows these recent Samsung QLEDs to even get close to OLED quality.

If you "knew what you were talking about" you would've never admitted that you don't have FALD.

You're stupid kid, not having full array is what allows the image quality of my display to remain intact while in game mode, if anything it's more aggressive. I've already told your dumbass at least twice now that my display is edge lit. Overall this is not as good as full array for obvious reasons in standard modes but it doesn't suffer the pitfalls full array does when entering game mode. 

Edited by DynamitCop! ALM
Just now, DynamitCop! ALM said:

You're stupid kid, not having full array is what allows the image quality of my display to remain intact while in game mode, if anything it's more aggressive. I've already told your dumbass at least twice now that my display is edge lit. Overall this is not as good as full array for obvious reasons but it doesn't suffer the pitfalls full array does when entering game mode. 

No it doesn't. You cannot achieve any meaningful blacks or contrast if you don't have local dimming zones on your LCD/LED.

You just have cheapass early 2010's LCD tech.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No it doesn't. You cannot achieve any meaningful blacks or contrast if you don't have local dimming zones on your LCD/LED.

You just have cheapass early 2010's LCD tech.

My TV's local dimming remains intact when in game mode because the processing is not nearly as demanding.... Like I told you not every TV is the same... Try to understand this. 

3 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

My TV's local dimming remains intact when in game mode because the processing is not nearly as demanding.... Like I told you not every TV is the same... Try to understand this. 

The ONLY WAY you maintain good contrast ratios on a LCD/LED is through FALD.

If you don't have that, your tv simply isn't as good as the current Samsung QLEDs.

There is no current phenomenon where people are touting EDGE LIT screens are delivering the same level of quality as FALD.

You will not one tv expert that is touting edge-lit over FALD.

Wow.............so............you really don't know shit.

Edited by jehurey
7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The ONLY WAY you maintain good contrast ratios on a LCD/LED is through FALD.

If you don't have that, your tv simply isn't as good as the current Samsung QLEDs.

There is no current phenomenon where people are touting EDGE LIT screens are delivering the same level of quality as FALD.

You will not one tv expert that is touting edge-lit over FALD.

Wow.............so............you really don't know shit.

You've lost the plot and can't even follow this conversation anymore... What a fucking idiot you are...

I'm not even remotely stating that edge lit is superior to full array across the board, try to keep up you brain dead asshole... I'm saying in Game Mode because of the difference in processing demands my TV's ability to provide local dimming is not compromised, on a full array television like the Q90R you lose this entirely, enter the washout..

The way my TV's Game Mode bears out is completely different... My TV can still local dim to the peak of its capability whereas on the Q90R the ability to do so is fully lost, and given it's full array it washes out the picture because there are LED's everywhere...

Get it? Good.

You've lost the plot and can't even follow this conversation anymore... What a fucking idiot you are...

I'm not even remotely stating that edge lit is superior to full array across the board, try to keep up you brain dead asshole... I'm saying in Game Mode because of the difference in processing demands my TV's ability to provide local dimming is not compromised, on a full array television like the Q90R you lose this entirely, enter the washout..

The way my TV's Game Mode bears out is completely different... My TV can still local dim to the peak of its capability whereas on the Q90R the ability to do so is fully lost, and given it's full array it washes out the picture because there are LED's everywhere...

Get it? Good.

Your ability to have a LESSER quality of LED is NOT COMPRIMISED during game mode????????

Well congratulations with that.

That's like a midget boasting that he doesn't need to squat and get low when there's a helicopter landing nearby, like normal height humans.

You don't have good contrast ratio by today's standards. You have ashey gray blacks if ANY mode, Cinema, Standard, Vivid, Game Mode.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Your ability to have a LESSER quality of LED is NOT COMPRIMISED during game mode????????

Well congratulations with that.

That's like a midget boasting that he doesn't need to squat and get low when there's a helicopter landing nearby, like normal height humans.

You don't have good contrast ratio by today's standards. You have ashey gray blacks if ANY mode, Cinema, Standard, Vivid, Game Mode.

Oh yeah? My TV has a 7000:1 contrast ratio... Guess what the Q90R's contrast ratio is.... 3250:1...

You're a fucking MORON

Just now, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Oh yeah? My TV has a 7000:1 contrast ratio... Guess what the Q90R's contrast ratio is.... 3250:1...

You're a fucking MORON

No, you're tv doesn't have a 7000:1 contrast ratio :lawl:

Oh my god, he's now reading directly from his Best Buy page listing. LOL

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, you're tv doesn't have a 7000:1 contrast ratio :lawl:

Oh my god, he's now reading directly from his Best Buy page listing. LOL

Yes it does...

ylV23ZK.png

It has over double the contrast ratio the Q90R does when local dimming is nuetered from Game Mode... Game Mode doesn't affect my TV...

S8U1pot.png

Eat a shit sandwich you fucking idiot. I told you this TV is fucking enigma, there's a reason it is so well known..

1 minute ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

Yes it does...

ylV23ZK.png

It has over double the contrast ratio the Q90R does when local dimming is nurtured from Game Mode... Game Mode doesn't affect my TV...

S8U1pot.png

Eat a shit sandwich you fucking idiot

No, it doesn't...........because in real life you don't sit in front of your tv and watch black and white squares.

And he's still relying on RTINGs "scores". LOL

Tell me which tv model you have and I'll check the reviews on it.

You've clearly have selected a side by side comparison on RTINGS, but for some reason you don't seem to want to post their overall scores. LOL

No, it doesn't...........because in real life you don't sit in front of your tv and watch black and white squares.

And he's still relying on RTINGs "scores". LOL

Tell me which tv model you have and I'll check the reviews on it.

You've clearly have selected a side by side comparison on RTINGS, but for some reason you don't seem to want to post their overall scores. LOL

Oh my kill yourself... Scores? They measure the contrast you fucking half wit... AND I'VE ALREADY SAID WHAT MY TV IS LIKE 20 FUCKING TIMES... It's a Samsung KS800D...

Oh my kill yourself... Scores? They measure the contrast you fucking half wit... AND I'VE ALREADY SAID WHAT MY TV IS LIKE 20 FUCKING TIMES... It's a Samsung KS800D...

rbZaotz.png

:lawl:They have to "approximate" scores because the tv tech is so old, that RTINGS has never had any reason to use that tv for direct comparison tests with "modern" tv.

They're probably being generous with those scores, as well.

:lawl:They have to "approximate" scores because the tv tech is so old, that RTINGS has never had any reason to use that tv for direct comparison tests with "modern" tv.

They're probably being generous with those scores, as well.

It has nothing to do with the scores... How dumb can you be... It's the pertinent information BELOW THEM...

7000:1 contrast ratio vs. 3250:1... Not that one got a 9.3 and the other got an 8.4, those are arbitrary figures, not data..

Holy hell...

1 minute ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

It has nothing to do with the scores... How dumb can you be... It's the pertinent information BELOW THEM...

7000:1 contrast ratio vs. 3250:1... Not that one got a 9.3 and the other got an 8.4, those are arbitrary figures, not data..

Holy hell...

except you just posted that when FALD is turned on, it can achieve better contrast.

You're now trying to avoid using RTINGS, after attempting to use them this entire time. You can't have it both ways.

And you also don't know what the KS8000 does when it enters low-latency mode.

OMG did you see this???????????

HDR Peak Brightness

HDR Real Scene Peak Brightness

1287 cd/m²

:lawl:
453 cd/m²
Just now, jehurey said:

except you just posted that when FALD is turned on, it can achieve better contrast.

You're now trying to avoid using RTINGS, after attempting to use them this entire time. You can't have it both ways.

And you also don't know what the KS8000 does when it enters low-latency mode.

OMG did you see this???????????

HDR Peak Brightness

HDR Real Scene Peak Brightness

1287 cd/m²

:lawl:
453 cd/m²

You're literally impossible to have a conversation with, like it's just not possible. You don't understand anything people are telling you, ever.

2 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

You're literally impossible to have a conversation with, like it's just not possible. You don't understand anything people are telling you, ever.

What's the matter?  You don't like reading RTINGS measurements anymore.

You honestly thought that your 2016 Samsung tv was better than Samsung's current QLED tech????????????

Like.................honestly????????

You honestly though you were clever enough to spin it that way????????

Just now, jehurey said:

You honestly thought that your 2016 Samsung tv was better than Samsung's current QLED tech????????????

What is there to not like? 

7000:1 contrast ratio vs. 3250:1 contrast ratio... That's the entire point, you've gone off the map into a tangent with your fucking stupidity. The Q90R has like an 11000:1 contrast ratio with local dimming, but its native ratio when this isn't operating is 3250:1... And in Game Mode local dimming is disabled so it operates at 3250:1... My KS8000 maintains 7000:1 whether in Game Mode or not, it doesn't matter, the ratio doesn't waver. 

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

I think he was just telling you that the FALD issue that the QLED Samsung has when in Game Mode doesn't really affect his TV as much because it doesn't have FALD.  It has a higher native contrast ratio without FALD, so Game Mode wouldn't degrade the picture any.

That said... comparing RTINGS scores across TVs and generations of TVs isn't a good idea.  As much as they try to compensate for their methodologies and analysis technology changing, you're likely not getting accurate representation in older sets.