7 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

No it is not, you've gone full retard. Jerry's video he posted a while back shows you exactly what happens to the contrast ratio when FALD is disabled, the entire image blows out with light everywhere, contrast tanks. 

I'll load up Horizon and go to that same scene with Game Mode enabled and it will be a night and day difference between my set and the Q90R. 

Yes... it is.

cont.png

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll have to forgive him; he's currently only in the draft stage of his next race baiting thread.

It doesn't work on an Apple phone

Industry leading iPhone HDR, though.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

LMAO dude... I know exactly what the conversation is about.  You're the one that is getting defensive and taking things the wrong way... lmao.

I already fucking stated what you were speaking about in this very post RIGHT before all this........

Except YOU and I are NOT talking about Game Mode... we're talking about contrast ratios and what and how they affect what you see... and how your comparison isn't accurate.  You can't just look at a checkerboard image and measure contrast ratio and be done with it.  That's like looking at an SSD's sequential transfer speed and stating one drive is better than another simply because the number is higher...when in the real world it rarely ever works like that.

The pic of contrast ratio I posted are NATIVE contrast WITHOUT any local dimming.. so the point stands.

The entire contrast ratio conversation came about because of Game Mode, I never left that conversation so you are having a second conversation not involving me. 

Just now, DynamitCop! ALM said:

The entire contrast ratio conversation came about because of Game Mode, I never left that conversation so you are having a second conversation not involving me. 

No.  The whole Game Mode point is understood...  You're not arguing about Game Mode... you're arguing the difference between two images RTINGS posted in their reviews as a comparison.  You were the one that compared them on RTINGs... I'm simply showing you the images they took and stating that they don't line up with the REALITY of the measurements.

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yes... it is.

Regardless, the text contained therein invalidates anything you're saying. 

"A higher contrast ratio means deeper blacks and better picture for dark scene viewed in a dark room"

7000:1 > 3250:1

Edited by DynamitCop! ALM

No.  The whole Game Mode point is understood...  You're not arguing about Game Mode... you're arguing the difference between two images RTINGS posted in their reviews as a comparison.  You were the one that compared them on RTINGs... I'm simply showing you the images they took and stating that they don't line up with the REALITY of the measurements.

The pictures are irrelevant, they're not a test between black bottomout and brightness topout.  

That's where the contrast ratio is formed, not from an image. 

Regardless, the text contained therein invalidates anything you're saying. 

"A higher contrast ration means deeper blacks, for dark scene viewed in a dark room"

7000:1 > 3250:1

Except in the case of your TV... the blacks aren't really black.  And the blacks with 5% grey (which was important, and why I posted them because there has to be SOME light) show that difference.

In a dark room with a dark scene... your TV will look like the 5%, and so will the Q90R... without FALD.

The contrast ratio doesn't tell the whole story... which is my point.

Except in the case of your TV... the blacks aren't really black.  And the blacks with 5% grey (which was important, and why I posted them because there has to be SOME light) show that difference.

In a dark room with a dark scene... your TV will look like the 5%, and so will the Q90R... without FALD.

The contrast ratio doesn't tell the whole story... which is my point.

In about 20 minutes I'm going to take a picture of that same scene from Horizon in Game Mode just like they did and the difference will be immediately self evident, in Game Mode my TV dumps on the Q90R.

That's the point, nothing else. This whole argument stemmed from Jerry's fucked brain not understanding that TV's are not created equal. 

In about 20 minutes I'm going to take a picture of that same scene from Horizon in Game Mode just like they did and the difference will be immediately self evident, in Game Mode my TV dumps on the Q90R.

It's going to be a worthless comparison, and you know it.. lmao.

2 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

It's going to be a worthless comparison? And why is that?

You JUST stated that I couldn't compare images RTINGS have taken with the same equipment, same methodology, and same lighting environment.... but yet your pictures of your completely different camera, completely different settings, completely different lighting environment... is supposed to definitively prove that your TV shits on a Q90R in game mode? :drake: 

Edited by Remij_
2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You JUST stated that I couldn't compare images RTINGS have taken with the same equipment, same methodology, and same lighting environment.... but yet your pictures of your completely different camera, completely different settings, completely different lighting environment... is supposed to definitively prove that your TV shits on a Q90R in game mode? :drake: 

No, I stated that a picture is not an accurate methods of measuring contrast. That doesn't mean you won't see a huge difference in light bleeding in because I will still have local dimming capability while the Q90F will have its full array fixed on destroying its contrast ratio. 

13 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

It's going to be a worthless comparison? And why is that?

because we don't know what your camera settings are...........and it will clearly have an auto function to make it look blacker than it probably is.

RTINGS is not just taking pictures with a camera and posting it. They would have a properly calibrated camera that NEVER CHANGES its settings do that its measuring all televisions from the same reference point.

You will have no such reference point.

Dude, your KS8000 television does NOT produce better blacks than QLED. You can turn off FALD on the Samsung QLED, and it will still beat your edge-lit KS8000 any day of the week, when it comes to dark blacks.

Edited by jehurey
14 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

No, I stated that a picture is not an accurate methods of measuring contrast. That doesn't mean you won't see a huge difference in light bleeding in because I will still have local dimming capability while the Q90F will have its full array fixed on destroying its contrast ratio. 

Light bleeding...........

you wanna see light bleeding?

I don't even know what you are doing at this point. Who am I going to believe, you or MY LYING EYES?????????

2RJ0ws3.png

5bopuOz.png

They're virtually identical, like I said. The only real difference comes down to the reflections of the water caustics and their positioning on the cave walls. Not every TV handles these things the same way, not having full array with this particular set is actually an advantage. 

And to Jerry these were captured with a fixed aperture with a fixed shutter speed, and fixed ISO.

3 minutes ago, DynamitCop! ALM said:

2RJ0ws3.png

5bopuOz.png

They're virtually identical, like I said. The only real difference comes down to the reflections of the water caustics and their positioning on the cave walls. Not every TV handles these things the same way, not having full array with this particular set is actually an advantage. 

And to Jerry these were captured with a fixed aperture with a fixed shutter speed, and fixed ISO.

Except you don't have a reference to the ISO of Vincent Teoh's camera, you dumbass.

What do you think I meant when I said YOU HAVE NO REFERENCE.

So........based on your UN-REFERNCED photos..............it seems like ANY MODE your KS8000 is in, probably isn't even as good as the Q90 in Game Mode. Look at how much information you are missing on the right side of the screen. You smartphone camera is crushing those blacks, which means that your blacks are not going to be as good as the Q90.

Edited by jehurey
3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Except you don't have a reference to the ISO of Vincent Teoh's camera, you dumbass.

What do you think I meant when I said YOU HAVE NO REFERENCE.

So........based on your UN-REFERNCED photos..............it seems like ANY MODE your KS8000 is in, probably isn't even as good as the Q90 in Game Mode. Look at how much information you are missing on the right side of the screen.

I don't need a reference to anything he did because regardless of what he did and I did there would be a glaring difference in my pictures much like his, and there's not. Contrast remains intact, the screen doesn't blow out. 

The Q90R loses its ability to local dim thus destroying its ability to manage contrast, my TV does not. I still have full control of it in Game Mode.. 

I don't need a reference to anything he did because regardless of what he did and I did there would be a glaring difference in my pictures much like his, and there's not. Contrast remains intact, the screen doesn't blow out. 

yes you do, moron.

You have no idea what iso his camera is at.

You expect us to believe that your KS8000 now has deeper blacks and color than even the Q90 in cinema mode?

:tom: