NVIDIA Geforce Special Event 9amPST/12pmEST OT; 3090-$1500, 3080-$699, 3070 $499

Just now, jehurey said:

So, it'd be great if I can get a video card that can hold about 80% of its value 18 months from now.

That way I don't spending the money now, and then turning around selling the card and getting a better one a couple of years from now, or possibly getting two of them in SLI configuration.

It's always worked for me.  Nvidia cards hold their value well.  But that remains to be seen this time around until AMD shows their cards.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think 2070 Supers will be at like $250 on used market soon. 2080 / 2080 Supers $300-350.   2080 Ti $400 used value at best,   with RTX 3070 being 1x faster than it, at $499.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Honestly with this reveal is there any reason to buy a Series X over a PC with such a vast choice of powerful cards. PC even has timed game pass exclusive like flight sims and Gears TacticsI think this is a bigger nail in the XBox coffin than PS5. 

I think having to drop money on a pc then another $400 to $700 just to play some games is reason enough to get one. 

18 minutes ago, Liquid said:

I think having to drop money on a pc then another $400 to $700 just to play some games is reason enough to get one. 

PC's do more.. they are more versatile, it gets Xbox and now PS games... it can emulate Nintendo's games...  It's like 30 consoles in one.... :shrug: 

It's better in every respect :smoke: 

18 minutes ago, Remij said:

PC's do more.. they are more versatile, it gets Xbox and now PS games... it can emulate Nintendo's games...  It's like 30 consoles in one.... :shrug: 

It's better in every respect :smoke: 

Lmfao let me drop $1500 on a pc and video card to play Nintendo 64 emulators. 

Here is Gigabyte's Aorus 30xx series.

This one doesn't have barely any RGB lighting, but instead it has a LED readout that shows temperature and performance stats.

It appears to have three HDMI ports and three Display ports, which seems rather ridiculous.

And quite possibly the gayest piece of PC marketing I've ever seen.

There goes the whole PS5 is more powerful and high end than the PS4 for the time of its release. There is no need for a PS5 Pro. 

I think console guys should be excited that there is a clear path for mid grab refreshes to follow and their need is already justified now, never mind in 3 years. 

Maybe the SSD tech will be even crazier for the Pro. 

So, I'm really not satisfied with most of the aftermarket versions of the 3080, and I'm afraid that the ROG Strix version of the 3080 might actually cost more than $700.

And then I also remembered that Founder's Edition cards are guaranteed to be "A-bin" chips, so I am now leaning towards that. That probably helps ensure it retains its resale value, and they would be good overclockers.

So, I'm looking at how the Founder's Edition handles cooling, and its airflow design:

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-30-Series-Graphics-Ca

This would imply that if and when I buy the upcoming new mid-range Ryzen CPU coming out at the end of the year, hot air is going to get blown in its general direction.

So I would probably need to get a liquid cooler for the CPU and have it connected to the roof of my 011 Dynamic, which allows for 360 mm ventilation.

12 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So, I'm really not satisfied with most of the aftermarket versions of the 3080, and I'm afraid that the ROG Strix version of the 3080 might actually cost more than $700.

And then I also remembered that Founder's Edition cards are guaranteed to be "A-bin" chips, so I am now leaning towards that. That probably helps ensure it retains its resale value, and they would be good overclockers.

So, I'm looking at how the Founder's Edition handles cooling, and its airflow design:

NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-30-Series-Graphics-Ca

This would imply that if and when I buy the upcoming new mid-range Ryzen CPU coming out at the end of the year, hot air is going to get blown in its general direction.

So I would probably need to get a liquid cooler for the CPU and have it connected to the roof of my 011 Dynamic, which allows for 360 mm ventilation.

Yea, you'd definitely want to have exhaust fans on the top if not using an AIO.  But an AIO would be best anyway.

As long as the exhaust is sufficient, I don't think it would drastically change the temperature.  It's when that air gets trapped inside the case in dead pockets that it could start to affect overall temps.  It's not like ALL the cool intake air is going just into the GPU lol.

I think this may be for the best, there are no pre-orders being taken for either the Founder's Edition cards or any of the aftermarket cards.

No pre-order occuring on nVIdia's website or any PC parts retailer website.

These people talking on an MSI livestream confirm that:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ToughTsundereDunlinDuDudu

That means on September 17th, you better know which you want to buy and get ready to buy it.

I got a feeling the nVidia website is going to get hammered.

Edited by jehurey