Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Mod abuse in the politics side of the forum

11 minutes ago, -GD- said:

tbh, i think we should delete this board. this site is better when it's focused on games. for once, the main board has actually been good. 

I think this board being nuked after the election would be a good decision. Then all the political discussion can either be outlawed, or condensed to a single thread on the main forum (like it was not too long ago).

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been a mod since July 7th. It's why I know many of the complaints levied at Twinblade have nothing to do with him.

the forum wasn't anywhere close to being as political as it is now. i've been here since 2004. like 90% of the convos, back in the day, were based on entertainment.  now, things are different. politic

If you're gonna have an obvious right-winger as one of the mods. (I'm not talking about "right-LEANING" either, he intentionally posts Daily Mail articles out of sheer defiance)   Then make

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, -GD- said:

tbh, i think we should delete this board. this site is better when it's focused on games. for once, the main board has actually been good. 

Go ahead and delete it. I'd rather  not participate somewhere where mods abuse their powers because they disagree with something.

7 minutes ago, -GD- said:

This board gets just as much traffic if not more than the main board. If people don’t like this board, fine, then don’t come here. I and a lot of people don’t care about console and gpu specs, but there’s people who do, so I guess it has its place. I won’t say we should ban that kind of discussion though

• Thanks 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

I think this board being nuked after the election would be a good decision. Then all the political discussion can either be outlawed, or condensed to a single thread on the main forum (like it was not too long ago).

Nah i dont want to see a grown virgin cry when the voters, to use a politcal term, give DJT the stanky boot

Just now, Delita said:

This board gets just as much traffic if not more than the main board. If people don’t like this board, fine, then don’t come here. I and a lot of people don’t care about console and gpu specs, but there’s people who do, so I guess it has its place. I won’t say we should ban that kind of discussion though

Yeah then you're a fucking retard because that is the main purpose of the board; not this political sideshow

I'm not entirely sure when this forum became full of bitches, we weren't like this when we were kids, we talked about all kinds of things, trolled, flamed, insulted each other. There was never any mod drama that I even remember. Like, people bitch about politics, the mods, each other, the republicans on this forum, the seemingly centrist liberals, etc. It doesn't seem to change -- just constant complaining. That's the problem, not anything else. 

1 minute ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

I'm not entirely sure when this forum became full of bitches, we weren't like this when we were kids, we talked about all kinds of things, trolled, flamed, insulted each other. There was never any mod drama that I even remember. Like, people bitch about politics, the mods, each other, the republicans on this forum, the seemingly centrist liberals, etc. It doesn't seem to change -- just constant complaining. That's the problem, not anything else. 

the forum wasn't anywhere close to being as political as it is now. i've been here since 2004. like 90% of the convos, back in the day, were based on entertainment.  now, things are different. politics are heavy here and i have no clue how to keep this board moderated, in a way that will please the masses. i like TB being here because i believe there should be a republican on board, so we aren't cnn jr. but, y'all are going to have to take this up with alphy. trust me, none of the mods choose to be here. they did me a solid, back when i thought we could revamp this site (we've been partially successful). 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, -GD- said:

the forum wasn't anywhere close to being as political as it is now. i've been here since 2004. like 90% of the convos, back in the day, were based on entertainment.  now, things are different. politics are heavy here and i have no clue how to keep this board moderated, in a way that will please the masses. i like TB being here because i believe there should be a republican on board, so we aren't cnn jr. but, y'all are going to have to take this up with alphy. trust me, none of the mods choose to be here. they did me a solid, back when i thought we could revamp this site (we've been partially successful). 

Man, I understand the cookester stuff because racism was everywhere on the forum. It probably didn't bother me because Im white as much as the other posters, but man, that lost some posters, including classic posters like Ranik_ and Holyax. It seems ridiculous to ban politics all together, even after they successfully got racism banned. It seems fair to me to be able to discuss politics without hate speech -- seems ridiculous that there is some kind of call for a republican purge of the moderation team. 

But I don't know what is "objectively best" for the forum. The last time politics were banned, I was happy. But people complained to bring it back, after complaining to get rid of it, after complaining about the racism, after complaining about cookester. Also even complaining about Jeurhy is a silly thing, he made a good thread about qanon just this week or so. Just stop complaining. 

Also the poster chupacoblite has his dick out for me - calling me racist names, mentioning me often, and I never see him post except when it's to complain about the site. Where's his good posts and content? ffs. 

I'm not unmodding Twinblade, sure he ain't perfect, none of us are, but at least he helps out.  I also think it's best if we keep this sub-forum, we already try not having it and all it leads to is us banning half the active users, including some that participate in gaming discussion. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, GeorgeW1000 said:

Man, I understand the cookester stuff because racism was everywhere on the forum. It probably didn't bother me because Im white as much as the other posters, but man, that lost some posters, including classic posters like Ranik_ and Holyax. It seems ridiculous to ban politics all together, even after they successfully got racism banned. It seems fair to me to be able to discuss politics without hate speech -- seems ridiculous that there is some kind of call for a republican purge of the moderation team. 

But I don't know what is "objectively best" for the forum. The last time politics were banned, I was happy. But people complained to bring it back, after complaining to get rid of it, after complaining about the racism, after complaining about cookester. Also even complaining about Jeurhy is a silly thing, he made a good thread about qanon just this week or so. Just stop complaining. 

Also the poster chupacoblite has his dick out for me - calling me racist names, mentioning me often, and I never see him post except when it's to complain about the site. Where's his good posts and content? ffs. 

Ranik was far from a classic poster. He was a literal nazi who didn't hide it.

5 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

I'm not unmodding Twinblade, sure he ain't perfect, none of us are, but at least he helps out.  I also think it's best if we keep this sub-forum, we already try not having it and all it leads to is us banning half the active users, including some that participate in gaming discussion. 

Then if threads are  getting locked or posts getting removed, the mod team should decide on a vote. 

Twinblade has clearly been locking threads that don't go the way that he personally wants them to go.

Especially when people are losing an argument, and instead of modding to stop the ones losing the argument from just performing stalling tactics, Twinblade basically "saves" them by locking the entire thread.

And also notice who are the ones who immediately want to keep the politics forum alive when the idea of shutting it down comes up.

Its almost always people who like peddling baseless politcal topics and severely have a problem with the BLM movement.

I really do need to point this out.................these people NEVER ACTUALLY talk about what the protesting is about. Never.

Not once.

They don't acknowledge what that overall issue is. What they do is devolve the issue into trying to give us excuses for NOT wanting to talk about the racial issue in America. So, in other words, when there's an act of police brutality, these guys come in and simply give endless ENDLESS excuses for why it isn't, and they go off in about 20 different tangents. (mostly whataboutism).

This is the biggest problem happening in this political forum. These people are intentionally trying to kill any discussions about racial matters in the US. Every time.

Edited by jehurey
Just now, jehurey said:

Twinblade has clearly been locking threads that don't go the way that he personally wants them to go.

Especially when people are losing an argument, and instead of modding to stop the ones losing the argument from just performing stalling tactics, Twinblade basically "saves" them by locking the entire thread.

And also notice who are the ones who immediately want to keep the politics forum alive when the idea of shutting it down comes up.

Its almost always people who like peddling baseless politcal topics and severely have a problem with the BLM movement.

I really do need to point out.................these people NEVER ACTUALLY talk about what the protesting is about. Never.

Not once.

They don't acknowledge what that overall issue is. What they do is devolve the issue into trying to give us excuses for NOT wanting to talk about the racial issue in America. So, in other words, when there's an act of police brutality, these guys come in and simply give endless ENDLESS excuses for why it isn't, and they go off in about 20 different tangents. (mostly whataboutism).

This is the biggest problem happening in this political forum. These people are intentionally trying to kill any discussions about racial matters in the US. Every time.

shut up.................................nerd 

I agree twinblade is shit mod for politics forum.  Believe it or not, after I saw the thread locks I was thinking of creating this same thread.

Many of us are thinking the same thing.. why is that?  Are we wrong?

But he's a good mod for the rest of the stuff..

Edited by Spicalicious

Jerry, you're talking to ghostz, you know his M.O, I don't get what you're trying to accomplish by arguing with him, you're better off ignoring him instead of giving him what he wants. Ghostz could give two shit about any of this, annoying you is what he is after.

3 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

Jerry, you're talking to ghostz, you know his M.O, I don't get what you're trying to accomplish by arguing with him, you're better off ignoring him instead of giving him what he wants. Ghostz could give two shit about any of this, annoying you is what he is after.

but his M.O. is to derail EVERY thread that is about racial matters and Trump.

EVERY single one.

Why am I the one who has to put the effort to get him to stop his bullshit?

He'll keep on doing it if I respond to him or not. That's his M.O.

What's being done about that?

1 hour ago, Alphonse said:

Yeah, I’m far from perfect. It’s not easy being objective. However, avoiding this board has done wonders lol. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, -GD- said:

Meh