Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Trump Shit-Storm may be beginning: Breaking News, he has fired Defense Secretary Mike Esper, who had publicly opposed Trump with using military forces against protestors in June.

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-donald-trump-ap-top-news-elections-mark-esper-58adf1d272afe333562c54daba541e84

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump has fired Defense Secretary Mark Esper, a stunning and unprecedented move at a time of national uncertainty about the outcome of Trump’s bid for a second term. The move could be seen as unsettling for the Pentagon and a source of concern for international allies and partners.

It is the first time in the modern era that a president seeking reelection has removed his Pentagon chief after Election Day. Presidents who win reelection often replace Cabinet members, including the secretary of defense, but losing presidents have kept their Pentagon chiefs in place until Inauguration Day to preserve stability in the name of national security.

Esper’s strained relationship with Trump came close to collapse last summer during civil unrest that triggered a debate within the administration over the proper role of the military in combatting domestic unrest. Esper’s opposition to using active duty troops to help quell protests in Washington, D.C., infuriated Trump, and led to wide speculation that the defense chief was prepared to quit if faced with such an issue again.

lol trumptards are trying to post whatever memes they have left in their windows 98SE folders between now and January 20th.

Trump has put his helicopter up for sale. he has no money. :omglol:

even funnier is that its his helicopter that has not been in operation for years, because he couldn't afford the maintenance. And a producer on the Apprentice said that they filmed scenes of him getting into the helicopter even though it couldn't fly, they had to edit it to make it look like he flew away. LOLOL

Edited by jehurey
51 minutes ago, jehurey said:

lol trumptards are trying to post whatever memes they have left in their windows 98SE folders between now and January 20th.

Trump has put his helicopter up for sale. he has no money. :omglol:

even funnier is that its his helicopter that has not been in operation for years, because he couldn't afford the maintenance. And a producer on the Apprentice said that they filmed scenes of him getting into the helicopter even though it couldn't fly, they had to edit it to make it look like he flew away. LOLOL

I wonder when it began. I know that I was on a Govs island and I we saw Ivanka and her her kids getting on it. This was like a couple months after the election so maybe once he began flying on the tax payer dime he just gave up on it. 

It is an impressive helicopter.