Sony now offering full refunds for anyone who bought Cyberpunk on PSN. No questions asked. also removed from store.

34 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Life of Black Tiger was just an example, there are plenty of games like it on PSN that are essentially collections of Unity and Unreal assets that don't even function properly. There is no reason for them to pull the plug on Cyberpunk when it is clearly a much better experience on PS5. This just reeks of a PR move on Sony's end to try improve their reputation and please all the people who are pissed off at CDPR.

Shit, there are people on this very forum playing it on consoles who are having a great time, yet they wouldn't even have been able to experience it if they had waited a bit longer to buy it. How is that reasonable? At least MS has had the sense to keep it up, though I wouldn't be surprised if they caved in to the pressure and took it down as well.

How can you not understand what's going on?  Like seriously? 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Imagine games not being an important part of your life... and yet still being on SW complaining constantly about other people  

Imagine CDPR's stock is going to tank. MS will surely follow. 

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

How can you not understand what's going on?  Like seriously? 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

How can you guys be so ignorant? What kind of message does it send when you allow shovelware on your storefront by 'developers' who are just trying to make a quick buck, while removing a game of such scope and ambition that it would be more surprising if it didn't have any bugs at all.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

How can you guys be so ignorant? What kind of message does it send when you allow shovelware on your storefront by 'developers' who are just trying to make a quick buck, while removing a game of such scope and ambition that it would be more surprising if it didn't have any bugs at all.

You're seriously clueless as fuck.   How is it possible to be so dense bro?   🤣😂

10 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

lol good riddance

i suppose the MS acquisition of CDprojekt Red can commence now, since they've now scraped the bottom of the barrell 

They fit eachother well. Scummy business practices, low effort buggy 7.0 games

14 minutes ago, Voidler said:

They fit eachother well. Scummy business practices, low effort buggy 7.0 games

:mjpls: 

If MS had The Witcher 4 as an Xbox exclusive... that would be a massive blow to Sony.

They should try and buy them at this point.  Now would be the time.  Only focusing on S/X and PC would be best for them anyway lol

CDPR went and threw both Sony and MS under the bus by publicly admitting that there was no QA process for a major AAA game.

And then CDPR told consumers to figure out how to get refunds from Sony or MS.

Sony must've gotten piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed, and decided to teach them a lesson

Good on Sony. Someone tried to make them look bad, in terms of public relations, so they returned the favor bigtime.

This almost reminds me of news outlets finding out that Boeing never had the FAA do actual inspections for their 737 Max 8 planes, Boeing did their own "self-inspection" and simply informed the FAA that everything was good, and the FAA took them at their word. CD Projekt Red wasn't supposed to say that part out loud.

Edited by jehurey
3 minutes ago, Remij said:

If MS had The Witcher 4 as an Xbox exclusive... that would be a massive blow to Sony.

They should try and buy them at this point.  Now would be the time.  Only focusing on S/X and PC would be best for them anyway lol

Yeah, they would be real smart to cut out 70% of the gaming market :patpatpat:

2 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Yeah, they would be real smart to cut out 70% of the gaming market :patpatpat:

They would be smart to limit the amount of platforms they support and focus on making their games as best as they can be for the ones they do.  The game had ~61% of pre-orders on PC with the rest on consoles... So probably another ~15% Xbox... which leaves PS4 with about 24% with PS.   That's 76% of pre-orders on PC/Xbox alone. 

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

They would be smart to limit the amount of platforms they support and focus on making their games as best as they can be for the ones they do.  The game had ~61% of pre-orders on PC with the rest on consoles... So probably another ~15% Xbox... which leaves PS4 with about 24% with PS.   That's 76% of pre-orders on PC/Xbox alone. 

Witcher 3 on PS4 made up 1/3 of all sales and was only slightly behind PC (10 m vs 12 m). Xbox sold a piss weak 4 million

But yeah, I'm sure CDPR want to give up a third of their revenue

Just now, Voidler said:

Witcher 3 on PS4 made up 1/3 of all sales and was only slightly behind PC (10 m vs 12 m). Xbox sold a piss weak 4 million

But yeah, I'm sure CDPR want to give up a third of their revenue

I'm sure the head honchos at CDPR would be fine with some billions of $$$ :drake: 

Playing on next gen consoles is fine. But base ps4/xbox one are broken as fuck. I have never seen such an ugly blurry game on ps4/xb1 and with so many bugs and glitches to boot. Pro and One X are a big step up from the base consoles but still nowhere near good enough. 

Clearly, there is a tsunami of refund requests not seen before. Pulling it from the store temporarily is the right move or you're just going to get more angry customers demanding refunds.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

I can see it. MS have a history of pouncing on companies at their weakest. Nokia and Bethesda come to mind.

Edited by Pureis
38 minutes ago, Voidler said:

An acquisition is different to going exclusive

Even MS aren't going to invest the $8 billion plus for essentially one studio

I clearly said MS should buy them.  I never suggested they should just not support PS as a 3rd party lmao

1 hour ago, Pureis said:

Playing on next gen consoles is fine. But base ps4/xbox one are broken as fuck. I have never seen such an ugly blurry game on ps4/xb1 and with so many bugs and glitches to boot. Pro and One X are a big step up from the base consoles but still nowhere near good enough. 

Clearly, there is a tsunami of refund requests not seen before. Pulling it from the store temporarily is the right move or you're just going to get more angry customers demanding refunds.

Not only that, they know people can just buy it knowing they can return it and get their money back in a few days or a week.  Why even give people the option to buy the game if all they want to do is play it for free and get their money back after a week?  It's kind of the logical thing to do actually.  Preventing people from essentially "sealing" the game by buying.. playing and returning.  This block on Sony store will hopefully help CDPR in the long term.  TBH I don't even think they wanted to release the game at this time.  Too many people were crying when they pushed release back a few months ago so they gave in and released but shit hit the fan.

It's not like we didn't have hints that the game wasn't quite ready.  They tried to tell us by pushing back release date.

I have it on One X and it looks fine.  Haven't had many issues.  Will keep my copy and continue to play on One X.  Will play again when I get Series X with the upcoming updates in early 2021.

Edited by Spicalicious