Is the push for diversity hurting gaming?

I just read an article about a transgender teenager who wasn't allowed to use the other sex's bathroom at school and he/she took them to court and everything over it. Thing is the school actually offered the kid a private, single person bathroom just for him/her and he/she rejected it. People nowadays just want to fight and resist everything to give them the illusion that they're doing something great, when they're really just showing how much they crave being the center of attention.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there should be more of a focus on obesity rather than diversity. 

The talent of people I've worked with has never been decided by gender or race. I've met a ton of talented women in my work   Im sure the gaming industry is filled to the brim with women who

i don't get why there's this sudden need for diversity, when it was already there. amy hennig is one of the most respected game directors and script writers over the last 20 years. jade raymond helped

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

just permed GD btw. peace out homie.

He's a trigger happy mod by default that I don't like much but he's not wrong. No one has to accept the delusions of an individual as a state of their own reality or reality in general.

If you're a woman you'll always be one, if you're a man you'll always be one. There's no wiggle room on this and it's not a debate.

2 hours ago, Cooke said:

I don't care what race or background someone has. If they are best qualified for the job then they should be hired.

that's you creating a narrative that doesn't really apply. you're essentially creating a red herring narrative.

and you're creating it to give you an excuse to NOT PAY ATTENTION to other things.

they ALL qualify, they all reach a satisfactory level in their field.

so..............why not begin including the luxury of diversity so that you are MORE CAPABLE?

56 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

lol i have no clue, nor care. i just HATE these stupid terms. if you are a tranny, you are an IT. plain and simple. fuck this she/he crap. i don't care if they want to prance around like a boy/girl, but they need to accept that we don't have to accept their shit gender requests. 

except you just confirmed the basic premise of something non-binary.

binary literally means there can only be two conditions, but you acknowledged a third and fourth.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

He's a trigger happy mod by default that I don't like much but he's not wrong. No one has to accept the delusions of an individual as a state of their own reality or reality in general.

If you're a woman you'll always be one, if you're a man you'll always be one. There's no wiggle room on this and it's not a debate.

I was joking :ben: GDs my boy I wouldn't ban him

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

except you just confirmed the basic premise of something non-binary.

binary literally means there can only be two conditions, but you acknowledged a third and fourth.

There are only two conditions, and then a seemingly never ending array of mental illnesses.

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

There are only two conditions, and then a seemingly never ending array of mental illnesses.

no, he didn't say or imply any such thing.

the only person here who has actually displayed signs of mental illness..........is you.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

that's you creating a narrative that doesn't really apply. you're essentially creating a red herring narrative.

and you're creating it to give you an excuse to NOT PAY ATTENTION to other things.

they ALL qualify, they all reach a satisfactory level in their field.

so..............why not begin including the luxury of diversity so that you are MORE CAPABLE?

This statement has no bearing on what I said. I said I don't care what race or background they have. No one should be hired based on physical attributes unless they are necessary for the job, like strength and size. Skin color and dangly bits are irrelevant. 

Just now, Mr. Impossible said:

Halo sucks so who cares. They're going to make it more boring and dull than the last two games? White guys are always scared when they hear diversity. Get over yourselves already. 

Diversity has had no net positive on society in the history of humanity. It lowers standards, it lowers expectations, it lowers intelligence. 

• dead 1

There is a push for diversity now, because in the past there wasnt. Diversity would have came naturally if it was allowed, but it wasnt.

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop said:

Diversity has had no net positive on society in the history of humanity. It lowers standards, it lowers expectations, it lowers intelligence. 

Coming from possibly the least intelligent person on this site, this is interesting. Please name historical losses in diversity? 

• Upvote 1
Just now, JonbX said:

There is a push for diversity now, because in the past there wasnt. Diversity would have came naturally if it was allowed, but it wasnt.

lol that has never happened. Some of you motherfuckers need to go back to school or something. Say what you will about "white privelege" but it is almost always white men who claim racism doesn't exist, everyone is equal, non-white males exaggerate about everything, and societal changes come naturally and organically. It never has, nor will it ever. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

lol that has never happened. Some of you motherfuckers need to go back to school or something. Say what you will about "white privelege" but it is almost always white men who claim racism doesn't exist, everyone is equal, non-white males exaggerate about everything, and societal changes come naturally and organically. It never has, nor will it ever. 

I dont understand why this is the response you gave to what i said.

Just now, Mr. Impossible said:

I misread you second sentence, but to be fair it's wording could be construed both ways. 

Well let me clear that up

Diversity is being pushed now because people are finally waking up and seeing that people are being discriminated in the the work force because of race/gender/religion, etc. IF racism and sexism didnt exist (they do) then diversity would be natural because if you are picking the best person for the job that would include much more variety than white male .

White privilege IS real , ALL people ARE equal but not treated as such, non white complaints about these issues are NOT exaggerated.

I do feel that some industries are filling out a checkbox , or virtue signaling but this is how people that had a past with racism in the work place FEEL they can fix things.  The people complaining that pushing diversity now is a negative in the sense that they are check boxing probably werent complaining when natural diversity was being skipped over 🤷‍♂️

All you have to do is go to social media or youtube comments about a racial/gender/sexual issue and see that 99 percent of racism and hate comes from ignorant white dudes 🤷‍♀️ Sometimes we gloss over that because being a white guy you dont deal with it. But imagine if we did? Social media comments have made me feel disgusted to be a person sometimes.

/rant

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Well let me clear that up

Diversity is being pushed now because people are finally waking up and seeing that people are being discriminated in the the work force because of race/gender/religion, etc. IF racism and sexism didnt exist (they do) then diversity would be natural because if you are picking the best person for the job that would include much more variety than white male .

White privilege IS real , ALL people ARE equal but not treated as such, non white complaints about these issues are NOT exaggerated.

I do feel that some industries are filling out a checkbox , or virtue signaling but this is how people that had a past with racism in the work place FEEL they can fix things.  The people complaining that pushing diversity now is a negative in the sense that they are check boxing probably werent complaining when natural diversity was being skipped over 🤷‍♂️

All you have to do is go to social media or youtube comments about a racial/gender/sexual issue and see that 99 percent of racism and hate comes from ignorant white dudes 🤷‍♀️ Sometimes we gloss over that because being a white guy you dont deal with it. But imagine if we did? Social media comments have made me feel disgusted to be a person sometimes.

/rant

Who are you and what did you do with JonB?

1 hour ago, Cooke said:

This statement has no bearing on what I said.

What you are trying to say is irrelevant, and you are intentionally trying to find a reason to not pay any mind to the concept of diversity.

Its obvious that you are aware of this............because you clearly don't want to respond to the point I am bringing up.

You making up a completely fictional and arbitrary parameters to make your forcefully-naive "I just believe that the most qualified people deserve it the most" narrative.

That sounds nice in an Ayn Rand story.