Steam Deck struggles to maintain 60fps on medium settings in Doom Eternal

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lmao Gabe Gear

Goukosan waited months to get some trash port of DOOM Eternal on Swhit running at 576/720p and looking like a PS3 game.     DOOM Eternal | Switch VS PS4 | Graphics Comparison & FPS - You

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Aaaaand... The desperatiom continues... Switch performance issues somehow makes the steam deck's performance issues raised by the PC crowd go away.   

They don't.

But they do make Sheep's opinion's about them...irrelevant :reg: 

Just now, Remij said:

Right here

123556.png

Is that you not agreeing with him?  Or is that you having your period? :pavarotti:

And the fact is, when something.. ANYTHING like this comes... sheep are the first to beak off about it.

It's a handheld that is more powerful than Switch... FAR more powerful.  Any talk about the hardware's capabilities, in which Sheep try to laugh about it... immediately gets rejected and turned on them.

Don't act surprised man lol

Reacting to his comments is not me saying his comments.

Again who is surprised?  The deck is coming out 5 years after Switch it would be surprising if it wasn't more powerful than Switch. 

Me pointing out that you guys are skirting over the issue raised =/= to me saying the Switch doesn't have performance issues. 

Switch's performance issues doesn't negate Deck's performance issues for the PC crowd. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Aaaaand... The desperatiom continues... Switch performance issues somehow makes the steam deck's performance issues raised by the PC crowd go away.   

And you're still here. :kaz: 

But bu PC crowd (jonb) said... even though I'm a sheep and my handheld suck ass in comparison...:jordan3:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Reacting to his comments is not me saying his comments.

Again who is surprised?  The deck is coming out 5 years after Switch it would be surprising if it wasn't more powerful than Switch. 

Me pointing out that you guys are skirting over the issue raised =/= to me saying the Switch doesn't have performance issues. 

Switch's performance issues doesn't negate Deck's performance issues for the PC crowd. 

Yes it is.  When someone says something.. and you post this smiley ":deadkoolaid:"

You're agreeing with and saying exactly what they are. :shrug: 

I didn't skirt over the issue at all.

And again... sheep can't tell people they're skirting over the issue.. when they've been just fine with their own issues for so long...  

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

And you're still here. :kaz: 

But bu PC crowd (jonb) said... even though I'm a sheep and my handheld suck ass in comparison...:jordan3:

And that somehow makes it better for the PC crowd?  The discussion is not whether the deck has better hardware than the Switch because that's obvious.  Yet for some reason you guys keep making that argument on behalf of people.. Lol

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yes it is.  When someone says something.. and you post this smiley ":deadkoolaid:"

You're agreeing with and saying exactly what they are. :shrug: 

I didn't skirt over the issue at all.

And again... sheep can't tell people they're skirting over the issue.. when they've been just fine with their own issues for so long...  

That's my reaction to his comments.  You claimed I said what he said... Which I definitely didn't. 

Sheep aren't the ones complaining about Deck's performance issues.  Switch having performance issues does not address the concerns of the PC crowd. Switch has had performance issues for years... Yet the PC crowd are still complaining about steam deck's :reg:

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

That's my reaction to his comments.  You claimed I said what he said... Which I definitely didn't. 

Sheep aren't the ones complaining about Deck's performance issues.  Switch having performance issues does not address the concerns of the PC crowd. Switch has had performance issues for years... Yet the PC crowd are still complaining about steam deck's :reg:

That's a Jerry level argument :roll: 

Next time don't come into a topic, laugh with people making fun of it... and then expect everyone to take your "concerns" about it seriously.

Especially when the device you love... is worse in every respect.   :shrug: 

You know exactly why people are saying what they are to you.  Don't play dumb.  Don't be a Jerry level poster.  Just say your piece and move on :reg: 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

Goukosan waited months to get some trash port of DOOM Eternal on Swhit running at 576/720p and looking like a PS3 game. :kaz: 

DOOM Eternal | Switch VS PS4 | Graphics Comparison & FPS - YouTube

And most Sheep defended their shit ports of Witcher 3 and Wolfenstein like it was some kind of achievement. :rofl:

So don't worry Sheepies, Steam Deck graphics should be just fine by your standards. Not exactly hard to beat a bunch of blurry, low res, low FPS ports with missing details, textures and shaders.

The Sheep have been THREATENED. 

giphy.gif

Its the sheep hypocrisy.

“Nobody wants a handheld for dumbed down console games” they cried during the PSP era, only to flip-flop for Switch.

Now its “nobody wants low settings PC ports” even though they’ve had gimped versions of Doom and Witcher which they assured us were perfectly playable. In fairness they probably were perfectly playable, especially on a small screen….so I don’t get why the Deck is held to higher standards.

A handheld can only ever be so powerful while remaining so small or slim. They went with an APU designed for very slim and light devices with a low power draw. It makes sense but there’s clearly a limit. Even if this couldnt run the biggest AAA games Steam had the best selection of indie games anyway, which is more hypocrisy because Switch became known as an indie machine aside from the yearly Nintendo rehash so why this isn’t acceptable for the Deck I don’t know.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Remij said:

That's a Jerry level argument :roll: 

Next time don't come into a topic, laugh with people making fun of it... and then expect everyone to take your "concerns" about it seriously.

Especially when the device you love... is worse in every respect.   :shrug: 

You know exactly why people are saying what they are to you.  Don't play dumb.  Don't be a Jerry level poster.  Just say your piece and move on :reg: 

You guys are struggling to address steam deck's concerns raised by non sheep.  So much so that it was claimed that there was no performance concern for Switch these past 4.5 years lmfao. 

As I said from jump, you guys are desperate for sheep to actually be cornered about steam deck... to the point that you are creating concern that sheep made in your head and then arguing against that.  :cruise:

18 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You guys are struggling to address steam deck's concerns raised by non sheep.  So much so that it was claimed that there was no performance concern for Switch these past 4.5 years lmfao. 

As I said from jump, you guys are desperate for sheep to actually be cornered about steam deck... to the point that you are creating concern that sheep made in your head and then arguing against that.  :cruise:

No.  You're attempting to present "concerns from non sheep" ...as a sheep..  People are essentially calling out that you have no room to talk about it.

Every time you deflect from someone saying "this thing completely shits on the Switch"... and say "bubut non-sheep are concerned about it"... you're just deflecting.

Of course there'll be concerns about the product... at the end of the day, is it a better product?  Yes.  It's undoubtedly a superior product than the Switch in every respect regarding the "concerns" people have here.

Ask Jon if he thinks it will be better than the Switch...since you want to keep going on about Jonb's concerns.  You said I'm struggling to address Jon's concern... except I already did by stating that it's a better product than it's competition.. which is exactly what I said in my first post.  I also stated it's early.  I also stated that there's a compatibility layer to consider, which may improve in the future.. there's also the ability to directly use Windows to bypass that.  So we'll have to see about performance metrics when the final system is in our hands.

Right now... this is the best device you can probably make, which ticks all the boxes this thing does, at this price point.

Edited by Remij
1 hour ago, Remij said:

No.  You're attempting to present "concerns from non sheep" ...as a sheep..  People are essentially calling out that you have no room to talk about it.

Every time you deflect from someone saying "this thing completely shits on the Switch"... and say "bubut non-sheep are concerned about it"... you're just deflecting.

Of course there'll be concerns about the product... at the end of the day, is it a better product?  Yes.  It's undoubtedly a superior product than the Switch in every respect regarding the "concerns" people have here.

Ask Jon if he thinks it will be better than the Switch...since you want to keep going on about Jonb's concerns.  You said I'm struggling to address Jon's concern... except I already did by stating that it's a better product than it's competition.. which is exactly what I said in my first post.  I also stated it's early.  I also stated that there's a compatibility layer to consider, which may improve in the future.. there's also the ability to directly use Windows to bypass that.  So we'll have to see about performance metrics when the final system is in our hands.

Right now... this is the best device you can probably make, which ticks all the boxes this thing does, at this price point.

Who claimed Switch had better hardware than the Deck? No one. 

What concerns have sheep presented in regards to deck actually being a threat to Switch in the console space?  None. 

Yet you guys keep claiming sheep are the ones concerned about deck for Some reason.  It's like you want us to be concerned about the deck when no one actually is worried about the deck 😂😅

What concerns have non sheep shown in regards to performance, support, battery life etc?  Several. 

Does Switch have performance concerns? Yes.  Does that remove the performance concerns the Deck has relative to the PC market? No. 

Does Switch having performance concerns in the console space help deck in the PC space? No

Yet that's the deflection you guys run to when conversions about the deck come up.. Lol

Edited by Goukosan
2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Who claimed Switch had better hardware than the Deck? No one. 

What concerns have sheep presented in regards to deck actually being a threat to Switch in the console space?  None. 

Yet you guys keep claiming sheep are the ones concerned about deck for Some reason.  It's like you want us to be concerned about the deck when no one actually is worried about the deck 😂😅

What concerns have non sheep shown in regards to performance, support, battery life etc?  Several. 

Does Switch have performance concerns? Yes.  Does that remove the performance concerns the Deck has relative to the PC market? No. 

Does Switch having performance concerns in the console space help deck in the PC space? No

Yet that's the deflection you guys run to when conversions about the deck come up.. Lol

It's quite simple my dude... Sheep.. in this thread... have been hating on the device.  Jerry's been hating on it with his "concern".. and you've been laughing along with others about it.

Concern about the battery... :tear2:  We already addressed that... Nobody on this site is playing their Switch for multiple hours "on the go"...  None of you likely even leave the house with it.  Oh no... 2 hours.. then I have to stop? :tear2: 

That's the price you pay for having a high powered portable device.  Again, concern addressed because it's REALLY not going to affect me.

Concern about the performance... :tear2:  We already addressed that... This thing is the most powerful device of it's kind.  You, or Jonb.. or anyone being concerned about it's future viability... doesn't change the fact that it is.  I mean, PS5 and Xbox Series consoles can have terrible performance too.  Are you concerned about games 3-4 years from now running on it?  I'm not really concerned at all, because I don't expect the device to run the latest games maxed out at perfect framerates.  You know what I expect 3-4 years from now?  There still to be tons of fun games being released that work beautifully on the thing.  PC games scale... I'm not that worried.

Again, like I said... you attempting to say "they're not my concerns" as you're telling us to address other people's concerns.. is what's deflecting.  Because every time someone responds to you saying well, it destroys the Switch... that's all you can say.  But the reality is that they ARE your concerns because you're leaning on them... when people are telling you that it's a better device than the device that you seem perfectly fine with.

Basically... if you think you're going to come into a thread, and talk about the concerns of a device which essentially competes directly with your favorite device, and betters it in almost every conceivable way, and not get your devices limitations called out to you... well you're simply wrong.

14 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's quite simple my dude... Sheep.. in this thread... have been hating on the device.  Jerry's been hating on it with his "concern".. and you've been laughing along with others about it.

Concern about the battery... :tear2:  We already addressed that... Nobody on this site is playing their Switch for multiple hours "on the go"...  None of you likely even leave the house with it.  Oh no... 2 hours.. then I have to stop? :tear2: 

That's the price you pay for having a high powered portable device.  Again, concern addressed because it's REALLY not going to affect me.

Concern about the performance... :tear2:  We already addressed that... This thing is the most powerful device of it's kind.  You, or Jonb.. or anyone being concerned about it's future viability... doesn't change the fact that it is.  I mean, PS5 and Xbox Series consoles can have terrible performance too.  Are you concerned about games 3-4 years from now running on it?  I'm not really concerned at all, because I don't expect the device to run the latest games maxed out at perfect framerates.  You know what I expect 3-4 years from now?  There still to be tons of fun games being released that work beautifully on the thing.  PC games scale... I'm not that worried.

Again, like I said... you attempting to say "they're not my concerns" as you're telling us to address other people's concerns.. is what's deflecting.  Because every time someone responds to you saying well, it destroys the Switch... that's all you can say.  But the reality is that they ARE your concerns because you're leaning on them... when people are telling you that it's a better device than the device that you seem perfectly fine with.

Basically... if you think you're going to come into a thread, and talk about the concerns of a device which essentially competes directly with your favorite device, and betters it in almost every conceivable way, and not get your devices limitations called out to you... well you're simply wrong.

4 hours ago, Goukosan said:

4 hours ago, Remij said:

They don't.

17 hours ago, Remij said:

I remember when you clowned him about having a GTX970 and he was crying that it was great and better than the consoles.. and I stuck up for him... and now anything that isn't a 3090 connected to an OLED is a piece of shit :tom: 

The guy... the one with the 60hz 1200p scratched up monitor that just last year said was awesome and better than the consoles.. :ovolol: 

The guy that waited 3 years to buy a PS4 console and had no issues not playing 3 years of PS4 games.... and then got a PS5 day one and anything else is a piece of shit :tom: 

That guy with the PS5 that he doesn't even use and has only played PS4 games on thus far :tom: 

He's the biggest fucking hypocrite ever... because he used to say that I gloated about my PC... but I never even talked about my shit unless asked or there was some kind of benchmark thread.. and I only fucked around and trolled you about it.. and you equally trolled me about it too.  All along that guy was harboring some SERIOUS butthurt... and he's trying so hard to gatekeep me and anyone else on the forum who doesn't have a 3090 connected to an OLED.. :rofl: 

Hypochurey :mickeyj:

holy shit, he was completely melting down yesterday

I must popped him in the mouth a little too hard.

:tom:he's also defending 2 hour battery life for handhelds.:tom:

Edited by jehurey

Doom Eternal running at 30fps at low settings on Switch at 4 hour battery life = "this is an abomination!!!!":noah:

Doom Eternal running at 30fps at medium settings on Steam Deck at 2 hour battery life = "oh my god, this is amazing":noah:

I love how they're trying to sell this, so hard. And it isn't remotely fooling anybody.

This about sums up the complaints regarding the steam deck:

- It’s too big

- It’s too heavy

- It’s battery life is too short

- It’s not powerful enough for AAA games

- I want full size desktop GPU/CPU performance in a system no bigger than Switch and I want the battery to last 8 hours :grimaceleft:

I’m pretty sure the AMD Prism stock cooler alone is half as big as the Steam Deck :D don’t even get me started on the size of graphics cards. THHBO because Valve can’t perform miracles.

Here’s why Steam deck performance matters less than Switch - because on Switch thats it. You’re a Nintendo gamer? All you get is handheld processing power for the generation. You either play gimped Doom or you don’t play Doom at all.

With Deck if you’re not happy with the performance in Cyberpunk you can just log into your steam account and play the game on a desktop PC at 4k 200fps or whatever you want. It’s one account transferable between many devices. The Deck to me is just an option for PC gamers to have something they can play perhaps in more convenient settings depending on their needs.