Steam Deck struggles to maintain 60fps on medium settings in Doom Eternal

27 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

How does it jump from 1800 to 4017 in around 2 years? yeah indie games.

I'm glad you posted this. It shows what I was saying about Switch and indie games. Whenever you see comments about Switch online, people love it for indie games, and playing indie games on a handheld is convenient for people and even preferable.

So it makes no sense for Jerry to now try and discount indie games. This is why I was saying steam makes a good complimentary system to PC. Your existing library but on different hardware. You could get console sized PCs, mini pcs, but a quality handheld gaming device for steam didn't have many options.

Here's the difference. Switch also gets games that are made specifically for it. Steam deck will not have that luxury.

People love the indie games on Switch as a bonus to having all the other content that is made specifically for Switch. 

But if Switch only had indie games, it would have been DOA like the Vita, which BTW only had indie games. 

The deck is going after a different market though. The Switch comparisons stop at they are both portables. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lmao Gabe Gear

Goukosan waited months to get some trash port of DOOM Eternal on Swhit running at 576/720p and looking like a PS3 game.     DOOM Eternal | Switch VS PS4 | Graphics Comparison & FPS - You

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Remij said:

This is the narrative he wants us to believe so badly... that he only plays AAA top end games... no indie games... nothing.  (though his PS profile shows he doesn't play much AAA games either :risitas2:)

And LMAO oh noes no Destiny 2 or Apex legends.. :tear2: 

Meanwhile if you REALLY must play those games... you can simply buy a Win10 key for $10 and install windows on it and play it :drake: 

He keeps moving the goalposts to the point that he's really making his own systems look bad :D

It's obvious he's speaking out of his ass too. He's under this impression that nothing works, which is understandable but incorrect. As someone who has been using Steam on Linux for a few months now it's quite the opposite. Every single game I've wanted to install and play has worked. All but one worked out of the box, and the one that needed some tinkering also needed tinkering to work on Windows 10 as it was a W7 game. Proton is like black magic. Some actually worked better than they did on windows 10 :D

Of the games that don't work the biggest factor by far is anti-cheat, which Valve is working on. If they get that sorted for the Deck launch then the amount that won't work will be negligible and Jerry will look like even more of a fool.

Speaking of which I've just run a search for some games on Switch

Call of Duty

Destiny 2

Apex Legends

Player unknown battlegrounds

Seems all I can find is Apex Legends. Where are the rest @jehurey?

In fact lets do top 10 Steam games as you said

1. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive 466610   778303 375119053
2. Dota 2 374443   678994 311414936
3. Apex Legends 132179   330476 103568580
4. Rust 115099   155634 66477969
5. Grand Theft Auto V 104439   218784 93229229
6. Team Fortress 2 76314   96222 57940302
7. Testapp2020 71989   97339 5238047
8. PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS 71061   416393 139598872
9. Splitgate (Beta) 65779   67724 11102946
10. FINAL FANTASY XIV Online 61190   67019

Can you show me how the Switch versions of these games perform? I'd really like to try CS: GO on Switch

Just now, Goukosan said:

Here's the difference. Switch gets games that are made for it. Steam deck will not have that luxury.

People love the indie games on Switch as a bonus to having all the other content that is made specifically for Switch. 

But if Switch only had indie games, it would have been DOA like the Vita, which BTW only had indie games. 

Oh PLEASE... :roll: 

Now you're acting like Indie's are the only thing the Steam Deck will have...  Any upcoming PC game is an upcoming Deck game.

And just fyi.. it seems Valve has given the Deck it's own logo, to represent games developed with the system in mind.

E78wV-BWUAE_Z1n?format=jpg&name=large

6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Here's the difference. Switch also gets games that are made specifically for it. Steam deck will not have that luxury.

The deck is going after a different market though. The Switch comparisons stop at they are both portables. 

But Vita had a small selection of games and support dried up fast.

Deck will always have games as long as Steam exists and it's starting with a bigger library than any console.

The Deck isn't going to find itself in a Vita situation where the games dry up.

2 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

He keeps moving the goalposts to the point that he's really making his own systems look bad :D

It's obvious he's speaking out of his ass too. He's under this impression that nothing works, which is understandable but incorrect. As someone who has been using Steam on Linux for a few months now it's quite the opposite. Every single game I've wanted to install and play has worked. All but one worked out of the box, and the one that needed some tinkering also needed tinkering to work on Windows 10 as it was a W7 game. Proton is like black magic. Some actually worked better than they did on windows 10 :D

Yea, it's typical of him.  He hates Valve and Gabe almost as much as he hates MS and Phil.

You can tell it's the butthurt too... because he looks for anything he can to hate on those people/companies... while completely ignoring all the issues and bullshit with the platforms that he likes.

I mean PC as a platform is trash... It doesn't get any games made for the expensive overpriced hardware it requires... if we're talking about PS5.... but his PC that he plays on is amazing and the best!!

Problem is that we can see he doesn't play his PS5 at all... so that must mean that he's playing that.. and not his PS5.

Damn... but the PS5 and it's next gen exclusives are so amazing! :francis: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Now you're acting like Indie's are the only thing the Steam Deck will have...  Any upcoming PC game is an upcoming Deck game.

And just fyi.. it seems Valve has given the Deck it's own logo, to represent games developed with the system in mind.

It's like reading is hard for you. Never said deck isn't getting other games outside of indies.   This thread is about Doom, last I checked that wasn't an indie. 

"People love the indie games on Switch as a bonus to having all the other content that is made specifically for Switch" 

Steam deck isn't getting games made specifically for it is what I'm saying. 

2 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Deck will always have games as long as Steam exists and it's starting with a bigger library than any console.

Exactly.

And as an open platform... it's FAR more versatile than the Switch... even not considering gaming use. LOL. 

3 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

It's going to find itself in a Vita situation as far as games being made specifically for the deck.  Didn't mean it won't get games in general. I was referring to its own games tailored to the system. 

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

It's like reading is hard for you. Never said deck isn't getting other games outside of indies.   This thread is about Doom, last I checked that wasn't an indie. 

"People love the indie games on Switch as a bonus to having all the other content that is made specifically for Switch" 

Steam deck isn't getting games made specifically for it is what I'm saying. 

Ok... but consider that much like you guys like to hate on PC saying nobody develops for it specifically... why would you think any of us would care about that?

That's something YOU care about.  That your little console has a special game that gives it meaning all it's own...

We don't give a single shit about that.  The PC platform is great because of it's openness.. versatility.. and the sheer amount of great games that release for it.  Steam Deck is no exception.

Edited by Remij
10 minutes ago, Remij said:

lol they even included the resolution difference in the promo shots

Steam Deck right of the bat is better than Switch. Far better than Switch. You can play your entire steam library on it, spanning decades of games. ITs much more powerful. It gets basically every 3rd party game. Its only downfall right now is its price and storage. Both of those were/are Swtich problems as well.

1 minute ago, JonbX said:

Steam Deck right of the bat is better than Switch. Far better than Switch. You can play your entire steam library on it, spanning decades of games. ITs much more powerful. It gets basically every 3rd party game. Its only downfall right now is its price and storage. Both of those were/are Swtich problems as well.

I agree. It does seem a bit expensive for a handheld, but when you consider that you can use your existing steam library and dont need to buy new games at $60 a pop, and that games are cheaper and more frequent sales anyway it balances out.

As I said to jerry earlier if you buy a new system and you want a couple of games to play on it, 5 games could set you back $300 if they're retail games.

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

Ok... but consider that much like you guys like to hate on PC saying nobody develops for it specifically... why would you think any of us would care about that?

That's something YOU care about.  That your little console has a special game that gives it meaning all it's own...

We don't give a single shit about that.  The PC platform is great because of it's openness.. versatility.. and the sheer amount of great games that release for it.  Steam Deck is no exception.

again which is why I said it's a good machine for enthusiasts..I haven't disputed that no matter how you try to claim I did. 

But my overall point about indies was that on Switch that's a different situation compared to the Deck. 

1 minute ago, JonbX said:

Price is still high on the high end, but the lowest tier model has the same hardware power, just different slower storage.  The $400 price is absolutely reasonable IMO for what you're getting... especially compared to the compeition.

My biggest concern about the Deck is that I think Nintendo got it right by having detachable controllers on the sides.  Considering how controllers can fail these days, you're essentially stuck with them if they get fucked.

1 minute ago, TLHBO said:

I agree. It does seem a bit expensive for a handheld, but when you consider that you can use your existing steam library and dont need to buy new games at $60 a pop, and that games are cheaper and more frequent sales anyway it balances out.

As I said to jerry earlier if you buy a new system and you want a couple of games to play on it, 5 games could set you back $300 if they're retail games.

The 64gb model is a slap in the dick and the next step up is too pricey for what its worth imo. If the 128gb version was 400 bucks i would have bought one. I dont even like handhelds and i know id barely use it, but its a pretty cool idea. I never had a desire to buy a switch.

A lot of AAA games also dont translate to small screens. Playing some Xcloud games on my phone was rough on a screen that small.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Price is still high on the high end, but the lowest tier model has the same hardware power, just different slower storage.  The $400 price is absolutely reasonable IMO for what you're getting... especially compared to the compeition.

My biggest concern about the Deck is that I think Nintendo got it right by having detachable controllers on the sides.  Considering how controllers can fail these days, you're essentially stuck with them if they get fucked.

I dont think so. 64gb is trash. How much will actually be usable ? You might be able to fit one AAA game on there if you are lucky. They should have made the base model with no storage for 350. Then you move up and get faster SSD. Base model is junk, next models cost too much.

Let me reiterate my stance.

The steam deck will be a great machine for enthusiasts, I've said that from day 1.....but..

It is in no way a threat to any mainstream system as the Deck is going after a different segment of the market. 

Deck has better hardware than Switch but that it no way will impact Switch on the console space because again deck is aiming directly at enthusiasts. 

2 minutes ago, JonbX said:

I dont think so. 64gb is trash. How much will actually be usable ? You might be able to fit one AAA game on there if you are lucky. They should have made the base model with no storage for 350. Then you move up and get faster SSD. Base model is junk, next models cost too much.

See if I got one, it would be for indie and PS3 era games, many of which I like to go back and play.

Fuck leaving this thing on a table for a week while it downloads a 100gb game. Some of us live in third world countries that don't support modern internet speeds.

3 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Well, there's the SD slot, and you can buy a big one whenever.. but obviously that's an added cost, so I get what you're saying.  Also jury is out if it affects the performance of games beyond just longer loading times.

I wouldn't have bought the base model either.  I bought the 256GB version.  But I mean, the hardware power is there.

I know once you start getting into the $500 and $600 price ranges it's outside the range of most people.. considering it's a portable device... but truthfully speaking, the capability, and the sheer library of games you can play on it... it's honesty not bad even at those prices IMO.