Steam Deck struggles to maintain 60fps on medium settings in Doom Eternal

7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Not for market it serves, hence all the concerns from the non sheep :umad:

There's nothing better so far.. or in the pipeline for the market this product serves... :drake: 

Why do you want us to be concerned so badly? :hest: 

If I tell you I'm not concerned... are you going to tell me I should be? :wonder: 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lmao Gabe Gear

Goukosan waited months to get some trash port of DOOM Eternal on Swhit running at 576/720p and looking like a PS3 game.     DOOM Eternal | Switch VS PS4 | Graphics Comparison & FPS - You

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TLHBO said:

This about sums up the complaints regarding the steam deck:

- It’s too big

- It’s too heavy

- It’s battery life is too short

- It’s not powerful enough for AAA games

- I want full size desktop GPU/CPU performance in a system no bigger than Switch and I want the battery to last 8 hours :grimaceleft:

I’m pretty sure the AMD Prism stock cooler alone is half as big as the Steam Deck :D don’t even get me started on the size of graphics cards. THHBO because Valve can’t perform miracles.

Here’s why Steam deck performance matters less than Switch - because on Switch thats it. You’re a Nintendo gamer? All you get is handheld processing power for the generation. You either play gimped Doom or you don’t play Doom at all.

With Deck if you’re not happy with the performance in Cyberpunk you can just log into your steam account and play the game on a desktop PC at 4k 200fps or whatever you want. It’s one account transferable between many devices. The Deck to me is just an option for PC gamers to have something they can play perhaps in more convenient settings depending on their needs.

The Steam Deck is an awesome device, because if you just have trouble.............all you have to do is log off and continue playing games on your expensive PC!!!!!

What a fantastic handheld.:gabelol:

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The Steam Deck is an awesome device, because if you just have trouble.............all you have to do is log off and continue playing games on your expensive PC!!!!!

What a fantastic handheld.:gabelol:

No retard you don't have to, you have choice. If.....IF you aren't happy with the performance of a particular game, you can try it on stronger hardware via the same account.

Whereas IF you aren't happy with the performance of a game on Switch....then you either don't play it, or you come here and try to convince others how good your version is like sheep did with doom and wolfenstein.

lmao you're so see through Jerry. "i don't care how shit my game is im just happy to be playing it in bed" - literally every sheep here this entire generaiton but now no we need to compare handhelds to PCs and the latest consoles to judge whether that particular version of a game is worth playing.

Remember when you used to tell us that motion controls were the future? :ccruise: shame you don't fuck off like you did during the Wii U gen and late WIi era.

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

There's nothing better so far.. or in the pipeline for the market this product serves... :drake: 

Why do you want us to be concerned so badly? :hest: 

If I tell you I'm not concerned... are you going to tell me I should be? :wonder: 

I should ask you that. Did I tell you that you were concerned? Or are you trying to tell me that I'm concerned about steam deck even though it's not a threat? :umad:

Wait, if the prerequisite is that's nothing better so far for the market it serves why are you guys so pressed about Switch when talking about deck?  Lol

4 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

No retard you don't have to, you have choice. If.....IF you aren't happy with the performance of a particular game, you can try it on stronger hardware via the same account.

Whereas IF you aren't happy with the performance of a game on Switch....then you either don't play it, or you come here and try to convince others how good your version is like sheep did with doom and wolfenstein.

lmao you're so see through Jerry. "i don't care how shit my game is im just happy to be playing it in bed" - literally every sheep here this entire generaiton but now no we need to compare handhelds to PCs and the latest consoles to judge whether that particular version of a game is worth playing.

Remember when you used to tell us that motion controls were the future? :ccruise: shame you don't fuck off like you did during the Wii U gen and late WIi era.

Uh yeah dude................Witcher 3 also has shared file saving between Switch and PC.

If the Steam Deck fails as a handheld.............you don't get to claim your PC as an inherent ACCESSORY to a Steam Deck.

That's laughably stupid.

Just now, Goukosan said:

I should ask you that. Did I tell you that you were concerned? Or are you trying to tell me that I'm concerned about steam deck even though it's not a threat? :umad:

Wait, if the prerequisite is that's nothing better so far for the market it serves why are you guys so pressed about Switch when talking about deck?  Lol

Should I be concerned or not?  Because you're telling me Jon's concerns are real issues... right?

So yes or no? :umad: 

Just now, jehurey said:

Uh yeah dude................Witcher 3 also has shared file saving between Switch and PC.

If the Steam Deck fails as a handheld.............you don't get to claim your PC as an inherent ACCESSORY to a Steam Deck.

That's laughably stupid.

The Deck is ABSOLUTELY an accessory to a PC.  I'm BUYING the thing based on the fact that they are connected entirely through the ecosystem.

The Deck... is a low spec portable PC.

Idiot. :pavarotti:

12 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

DOOM_20160516145413.jpghttps://cdn.gamer-network.net/2017/usgamer/doom-switch.jpg

Just a reminder, PS4 vs Switch. Sheep had no problems with this and in fact much preferred to play the Switch version over any other version.

So your point is that since sheep had no problem with performance issues, the PC crowd shouldn't have any issues with Deck's... Lol

Edited by Goukosan
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That's laughably stupid.

Switch and PC are different systems though. You don't need to buy games a second time if you switch between Deck and PC as it's one account. If you buy the game on switch and don't like it then you have to pay out again for the PC version. It's more than just transferring a save file - which not many games support anyway.

But regardless, if you've been happy with low res Switch ports for the past 4 years Jerry then you'll be more than happy with the performance of the steam deck. Chin up old boy.

Edited by TLHBO
12 minutes ago, Remij said:

Should I be concerned or not?  Because you're telling me Jon's concerns are real issues... right?

So yes or no? :umad: 

Whether you're personally concerned or not is irrelevant to other PC gamers and their concern :umad:

Edited by Goukosan
8 minutes ago, Remij said:

The Deck is ABSOLUTELY an accessory to a PC.

:lawl::lawl::lawl:he just declared that its not a standlone platform.

Then there's no reason to compare it to the Switch.

Try making threads comparing it to PSVR or something.:tom:

8 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Switch and PC are different systems though. You don't need to buy games a second time if you switch between Deck and PC as it's one account. If you buy the game on switch and don't like it then you have to pay out again for the PC version. It's more than just transferring a save file - which not many games support anyway.

Then there's a over $1000 barrier of entry for you to enjoy Steam Deck.

Thanks for admitting.

It doesn't compare to the Switch. And it clearly won't be as successful as Switch, if that's the case.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

:lawl::lawl::lawl:he just declared that its not a standlone platform.

Then there's no reason to compare it to the Switch.

Try making threads comparing it to PSVR or something.:tom:

It's a standalone device moron...

The ecosystem isn't standalone... when you buy a game for the Deck... you ALSO buying it for the PC, and vice versa :drake: 

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Which is not a platform.

So go compare it with PSVR.

We're talking about the device sweetie :tom: 

And Steam is the platform.

It's an accessory if I want it to be.... and it's a standalone... if I want it to be :trump: 

Just now, Remij said:

We're talking about the device sweetie :tom: 

PSVR is a device, sweetie.

Playstation is the platform.

Playstation games is the ecosystem.

No, it isn't a standalone. You and that other dumbass, THLJBO or whatever he's called, both independently confirmed it.

You word was "ABSOLUTELY is an accessory to PC"

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Then there's a over $1000 barrier of entry for you to enjoy Steam Deck.

Thanks for admitting.

It doesn't compare to the Switch. And it clearly won't be as successful as Switch, if that's the case.

This Clown is seriously retarded :D

In typical Jerry fashion you need to misrepresent what others are saying to try and gain a win.

IF - IF - IIIIFFFFF YOU, yes you Jerry are not happy, with the way that games perform on the Deck then you CAN (but not must) play them on stronger hardware with the same Steam account, 

You do NOT neeeeeed to do it, but it is a choice if you are truly unhappy.

On Switch you can’t do dick. If you get a gimped port like Witcher 3 that’s it, that’s your lot. Either play it gimped or buy it for a different system.

As you and goukosand had no issue with the absolute state of Switch ports then no jerry, theres no $1000 barrier to entry for you, The steam deck would actually be a big upgrade for you.

As for price now that you mention it, you forget that if you bought a switch at launch and wanted a handful of games to play it on those are $60 a pop. 5 games to play on your new system and you just added $300 to the hardware. Then you have your online subscriptions too (lmao)

If I actually bought a Deck I’m going in with hundreds upon hundreds of games day 1 and it won’t cost me a penny, and since it’s Linux there will be tons of free and open source software too.

You’re on drugs if you think Switch can compare to the Steam Deck.

• Geese 1
2 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

This Clown is seriously retarded :D

In typical Jerry fashion you need to misrepresent what others are saying to try and gain a win.

IF - IF - IIIIFFFFF YOU, yes you Jerry are not happy, with the way that games perform on the Deck then you CAN (but not must) play them on stronger hardware with the same Steam account, 

So..........in order to ENJOY the Steam Deck............you have to have purchased $1000+ worth of separate PC hardware.

Are you successfully making the argument that Steam Deck playing Doom Eternal at 30fps at medium settings and only lasting 2 hours battery life is............................ENJOYABLE??????

Yes or No?

Edited by jehurey
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

PSVR is a device, sweetie.

Playstation is the platform.

Playstation games is the ecosystem.

No, it isn't a standalone. You and that other dumbass, THLJBO or whatever he's called, both independently confirmed it.

You word was "ABSOLUTELY is an accessory to PC"

No, PSVR connects physically to a playstation device sweetie.

The PSVR isn't anything but a paperweight... without a device to connect it to.

The Deck is it's own device.  And it's its own platform... If I want it to be... but it's also a companion device.. if I want it to be.

You see.. it's ABSOLUTELY a standalone device.  Nothing else required.  

It's what I want it to be. :trump: