Steam Deck struggles to maintain 60fps on medium settings in Doom Eternal

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No, you actually don't because the entire steam library is not available on its built-in OS.

Correct?

So go ahead. Do all your comparisons from this point forward with a $400 Valve Deck with no games versus a $300 Switch.

Even if you take out the games that don’t work on SteamOS (which is a minority), it has a larger library of games than any console. By far.

Nice try but denied.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lmao Gabe Gear

Goukosan waited months to get some trash port of DOOM Eternal on Swhit running at 576/720p and looking like a PS3 game.     DOOM Eternal | Switch VS PS4 | Graphics Comparison & FPS - You

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yes, it factually does have the biggest library... because the built in OS device supports thousands upon thousands of games.

And.... the device can ALSO run windows... and have access to literally every ecosystem that the PC has.

There's no comparison.  The Deck has a bigger library of games.  If someone doesn't have ANY device... and is looking between a Switch and a Deck... the Deck offers the biggest library.. the most power.. the most flexibility.. 

That's not a debate.

Games from real, professional studios and publishers?

Is Call of Duty on the default OS?

Or are you talking about nameless indie crap?

Oh....Windows?

Does that come at no extra charge?

2 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Even if you take out the games that don’t work on SteamOS (which is a minority), it has a larger library of games than any console. By far.

Nice try but denied.

What type of games?

Are you getting CoD?

According to ProtonDB, almost half of Steam's 10 most popular games—Destiny 2, Apex Legends, PUBG and Rainbow Six Siege—will not work on SteamOS.

Just now, jehurey said:

Games from real, professional studios and publishers?

Is Call of Duty on the default OS?

Or are you talking about nameless indie crap?

Oh....Windows?

Does that come at no extra charge?

Omfg he’s trying the “real games” schtik :D

This from the person that tried to convince the forum Wii shovelware was just as good as any PS3/360 game.

Sheep hating on indie games now despite the fact that for most Switch gamers, indie games were one of the best things about the device. Like look around, most switch games are loving indie games.

• dead 1
2 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Jerry trying to downtalk 30fps medium settings 800p when he was perfectly fine with the game at 30fps, 360p, extra low settings :lul: who do you think you’re fooling?

SO you are saying you'd play Doom Eternal at 30fps at Medium Settings?

That's acceptable now?

Just now, TLHBO said:

This from the person that tried to convince the forum Wii shovelware was just as good as any PS3/360 game.

Sheep hating on indie games now despite the fact that for most Switch gamers, indie games were one of the best things about the device. Like look around, most switch games are loving indie games.

Oh................so if the Switch doesn't have these games, then that's not a negative?

Is that what you are now declaring?

Answer Yes or No, please.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

What type of games?

Are you getting CoD?

Here are some quick and dirty numbers

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/02/more_than_1800_games_have_now_been_released_on_the_nintendo_switch

Early 2019 - 1800+ games on Switch

https://www.statista.com/statistics/761434/number-linux-games-steam/

Early 2018 - 4000+ native Linux games on Steam

and lmao at you using a selective quote regarding Proton:D you fucking slimeball

Protondb.com

19,207 games reported

15,636 games work

It’s right there on the front page.

Oh and for the record the majority of games that dont work are due to anti-cheat, which Valve said they’re working on…

Cod? Do I look like I care about Cod? Are sheep really trying to argue cod now?  How many Cod games did the Switch miss out on?

Jerry just admit you’ve lost. You of all people trying to judge a systems worth on call of duty lmao I guess Nintendo systems suck ass then.

Edited by TLHBO
  • dead 1
9 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/02/more_than_1800_games_have_now_been_released_on_the_nintendo_switch

Not arguing for or on behalf Jehurey.. Just pointing out a slight correction on the numbers..... as of 2020 number of Switch games is up to 4017.

Searched for the updated Linux numbers but only saw the same number you had. 

Was looking at the Verge hands on coverage of the Deck, they mentioned that one of Vavle's motivation was that Switch was eating into steam's indie marketshare. 

That's the one area where both systems intersect market wise... Outside of that they'll be serving two separate markets as a whole. 

So the comparisons between the two systems that you guys are so desperately trying to make is irrelevant because Switch performance issues doesn't help the Deck and the Deck's issues doesn't help the Switch. 

25 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

OMFG :kaz: 

Dude... he's been gatekeeping EVERYTHING lately...

Notice how he's mentioning CoD profusely :lawl: 

@jehurey ... sweetie if you want to know all of the games Steam Deck OS supports... go here:

https://www.protondb.com/explore

21 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

and lmao at you using a selective quote regarding Proton:D you fucking slimeball

Protondb.com

19,207 games reported

15,636 games work

It’s right there on the front page.

Oh and for the record the majority of games that dont work are due to anti-cheat, which Valve said they’re working on…

Cod? Do I look like I care about Cod? Are sheep really trying to argue cod now?  How many Cod games did the Switch miss out on?

Jerry just admit you’ve lost. You of all people trying to judge a systems worth on call of duty lmao I guess Nintendo systems suck ass then.

So,, they're crappy indie games that nobody plays, right?

Switch has GOTY nominated games, that aren't cheap indie games.

What are you GOTY nominated games, that aren't cheap indie games?

1 minute ago, Remij said:

OMFG :kaz: 

Dude... he's been gatekeeping EVERYTHING lately...

Notice how he's mentioning CoD profusely :lawl: 

@jehurey ... sweetie if you want to know all of the games Steam Deck OS supports... go here:

So do they have major games, or the games that current Steam players deem as the most popular?

Or are half of those games missing?

Because it appears that half of the 10 most popular games are missing, correct?

So do they have major games, or the games that current Steam players deem as the most popular?

It appears that there's thousands of games that work :drake: 

LMFAO... this guy wanting me to pay attention to the 10 that don't work.. instead of the thousands that do :kaz: 

Look here sweetie... I can look what games are supported, how well they are supported, and decide for myself... like anyone else can...

And for those 10 other games... oh lord help me if I have to buy a $10 Windows 10 key online and install windows on it...  :tear2: 

We keep coming around to that point... where I can do with it what I want.  It's a perfect standalone device.. and an even better companion to all my PC ecosystems.

Just now, Remij said:

It appears that there's thousands of games that work :drake: 

that are crappy indie games that have absolutely zero curation from the platform-holder, correct?

I mean, if I told you there's tons of games on the Android Play Store............would you be impressed?

that are crappy indie games that have absolutely zero curation from the platform-holder, correct?

I mean, if I told you there's tons of games on the Android Play Store............would you be impressed?

Look at the link retard.  :drake: 

Are those games all indie games? :drake: 

How about you post your Steam list of games?  Let's see whatchu got :bena: 

10 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Not arguing for or on behalf Jehurey.. Just pointing out a slight correction on the numbers..... as of 2020 number of Switch games is up to 4017.

Searched for the updated Linux numbers but only saw the same number you had. 

Was looking at the Verge hands on coverage of the Deck, they mentioned that one of Vavle's motivation was that Switch was eating into steam's indie marketshare. 

That's the one area where both systems intersect market wise... Outside of that they'll be serving two separate markets as a whole. 

So the comparisons between the two systems that you guys are so desperately trying to make is irrelevant because Switch performance issues doesn't help the Deck and the Deck's issues doesn't help the Switch. 

How does it jump from 1800 to 4017 in around 2 years? yeah indie games.

I'm glad you posted this. It shows what I was saying about Switch and indie games. Whenever you see comments about Switch online, people love it for indie games, and playing indie games on a handheld is convenient for people and even preferable.

So it makes no sense for Jerry to now try and discount indie games. This is why I was saying steam makes a good complimentary system to PC. Your existing library but on different hardware. You could get console sized PCs, mini pcs, but a quality handheld gaming device for steam didn't have many options.

Just now, jehurey said:

No, you're the one who's trying to sell me on the device.

You tell me.

I'm not selling you anything :mj: 

You're the one who's trying to tell me to be concerned about issues YOU think it has.  I'm telling you they aren't issues to me. 

9 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Oh this fucking hypocrite :D

WIi missed many popular games, WIi U missed many popular games, Switch missed many.

When people were playing Cod, Bioshock, assassin's creed, mass effect, GTA etc this fucker was on this very forum telling us how Wii PSP ports like medal of honor heroes 2 and prince of persia were just as good, how dead space extraction and other spinoffs were equal to the main series, and how WIi shovelware was just as good as "real games".

Do you remember those days Jerry? because I remember those days. You were all over Manhunt 2 :RISITAS:

Now if your system doesn't run Destiny 2 or Apex legends it isn't worth shit. Speaking of which how are the Switch versions of those games? :wonder: pretty good I imagine

• dead 1
4 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Do you remember those days Jerry? because I remember those days. You were all over Manhunt 2 :RISITAS:

Now if your system doesn't run Destiny 2 or Apex legends it isn't worth shit. Speaking of which how are the Switch versions of those games? :wonder: pretty good I imagine

This is the narrative he wants us to believe so badly... that he only plays AAA top end games... no indie games... nothing.  (though his PS profile shows he doesn't play much AAA games either :risitas2:)

And LMAO oh noes no Destiny 2 or Apex legends.. :tear2: 

Meanwhile if you REALLY must play those games... you can simply buy a Win10 key for $10 and install windows on it and play it :drake: