Steam Deck struggles to maintain 60fps on medium settings in Doom Eternal

4 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

This Clown is seriously retarded :D

In typical Jerry fashion you need to misrepresent what others are saying to try and gain a win.

IF - IF - IIIIFFFFF YOU, yes you Jerry are not happy, with the way that games perform on the Deck then you CAN (but not must) play them on stronger hardware with the same Steam account, 

You do NOT neeeeeed to do it, but it is a choice if you are truly unhappy.

On Switch you can’t do dick. If you get a gimped port like Witcher 3 that’s it, that’s your lot. Either play it gimped or buy it for a different system.

As you and goukosand had no issue with the absolute state of Switch ports then no jerry, theres no $1000 barrier to entry for you, The steam deck would actually be a big upgrade for you.

As for price now that you mention it, you forget that if you bought a switch at launch and wanted a handful of games to play it on those are $60 a pop. 5 games to play on your new system and you just added $300 to the hardware. Then you have your online subscriptions too (lmao)

If I actually bought a Deck I’m going in with hundreds upon hundreds of games day 1 and it won’t cost me a penny, and since it’s Linux there will be tons of free and open source software too.

You’re on drugs if you think Switch can compare to the Steam Deck.

Yep.  And everything you said was spot on.

Jerry's a clown ass motherfucker... and the entire forum knows it.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lmao Gabe Gear

Goukosan waited months to get some trash port of DOOM Eternal on Swhit running at 576/720p and looking like a PS3 game.     DOOM Eternal | Switch VS PS4 | Graphics Comparison & FPS - You

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Remij said:

No, PSVR connects physically to a playstation device sweetie.

And the Steam Deck connects to your already existing Steam account.

Now tell me.............did you buy a whole bunch of games on Steam without owning a gaming PC this entire time?

That's what I thought.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

So..........in order to ENJOY the Steam Deck............you have to have purchased $1000+ worth of separate PC hardware.

Are you successfully making the argument that Steam Deck playing Doom Eternal at 30fps at medium settings and only lasting 2 hours battery life is............................ENJOYABLE??????

Yes or No?

You’re fucking retarded :D

You don’t need to have $1000 worth of PC hardeare.

Here’s the point I’m trying to make.

Is Doom Eternal 30fps at medium settings (which is bullshit btw) enjoyable…

IT’S SUBJECTIVE RETARD!

For someone who insists on 4k 120fps? Probably not.

For someone like you who enjoyed Doom Eternal on switch

https://mynintendonews.com/2021/01/17/digital-foundry-doom-eternal-docked-is-720p-540p-handheld-612p-360p-and-30fps/

360p, 30fps, lowest settings

Yeah Jerry I’d say someone in your shoes would enjoy it very much 😊

I can’t believe we’re even having this discussion :D fuck me 360p and 30fps and the sheep are sat here bitching about the Steam deck :kaz:

Just now, TLHBO said:

You’re fucking retarded :D

You don’t need to have $1000 worth of PC hardeare.

Here’s the point I’m trying to make.

Is Doom Eternal 30fps at medium settings (which is bullshit btw) enjoyable…

IT’S SUBJECTIVE RETARD!

Do you find Doom Eternal running at 30fps on the Switch "enjoyable"

Yes or No?

Stop avoiding answering............answer with a firm "Yes" or "No"

We're not talking about other people's subjectivity....................we're just basing it on YOUR STANDARDS.

And you don't want to answer because I'm going to catch you being a hypocrite with the way you've been judging the Switch.

And the Steam Deck connects to your already existing Steam account.

Now tell me.............did you buy a whole bunch of games on Steam without owning a gaming PC this entire time?

That's what I thought.

Steam deck doesn't require me to have bought games on my PC dipshit....

Someone without a PC can buy a Steam Deck and use it completely standalone.

And someone like me... with over 1000 games on Steam, and use it in any fashion I want.  As a companion accessory... or as a standalone device.

The device.. is whatever I want it to be retard.

Jerry.. why are you so retarded?  Seriously? :wonder: 

3 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

I can’t believe we’re even having this discussion :D fuck me 360p and 30fps and the sheep are sat here bitching about the Steam deck :kaz:

bubu they aren't bitching about the Steam Deck... they're concerned for PC gamers!! :tear2: 

:kaz: 

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yep.  And everything you said was spot on.

Jerry's a clown ass motherfucker... and the entire forum knows it.

Full fledged PC in a sleek handheld form, connects to your existing Steam and Gog libraries on day 1 giving you access to thousands of games, huge emulation potential……and somehow this Clown is arguing that his Fisher Price handheld is better 🤣

360p was fine for 5 years but now all of a sudden if you don’t have at least 1080/60 on a handheld it’s not worth playing.

Here we go round the jerry-go-round

Steam deck doesn't require me to have bought games on my PC dipshit....

Someone without a PC can buy a Steam Deck and use it completely standalone.

And someone like me... with over 1000 games on Steam, and use it in any fashion I want.  As a companion accessory... or as a standalone device.

SO

........did you buy a whole bunch of games on Steam without owning a gaming PC this entire time?

That's what I thought.

So, the barrier to entry is having already paid thousands of dollars worth of pre-existing hardware and games.

You cannot try and advertise "BUY it, just turn it on, and play hundreds of steam games"............without explaining the costs behind that benefit.

Its not much of a standalone device out of the box, unless you have a PC and year's worth of games already prepurchased.

Don't get angry because I'm point out ACTUAL FACTS.

2 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Full fledged PC in a sleek handheld form

If you are trying to access an existing game library...........it literally would have required you to have purchase a prior gaming PC and purchase all of those games.

So, its not a standalone device.

If you have never gamed on PC before.........EVER.

Is the Steam Deck still as attractive? Yes or No?

SO

So, the barrier to entry is having already paid thousands of dollars worth of pre-existing hardware and games.

You cannot try and advertise "BUY it, just turn it on, and play hundreds of steam games"............without explaining the costs behind that benefit.

Its not much of a standalone device out of the box, unless you have a PC and year's worth of games already prepurchased.

Who the fuck hasn’t had a steam account for like 10 years by now?? 

omg PS4 isnt free cus u need to factor in the cost of a house to play it in!!! Lololol TCHBO!

This is where we’re going on. Jerry checking taxes and shit to make sure hes factored in every penny 😂

SO

No.. there's no barrier to entry... what the fuck are you talking about? :tom: 

You can LITERALLY just buy it... and have the biggest library of games available day 1 for you to purchase from....

OR....

You can ALSO just log in to your existing account..with a thousand games :drake: 

It's MORE of a standalone device out of the box than Switch.  Has a bigger library day 1... and you can do what you want with it.  Put on Windows... buy games from anywhere....

What THE FUCK is wrong with you? :omglol: 

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

If you are trying to access an existing game library...........it literally would have required you to have purchase a prior gaming PC and purchase all of those games.

So, its not a standalone device.

If you have never gamed on PC before.........EVER.

Is the Steam Deck still as attractive? Yes or No?

Its arguably more attractive if you’ve never played on PC before :| Steam has a fucking huge library and many low cost games.

If I didn’t have a PC I would be all over this.

Jerrys whole argument is “nuh uh you cant use your existing library thats not fair”

In the words of Reggie “not my problem :reg:

That’s arguably one of the biggest benefits of Steam Deck and half the reason some people are considering it.

It exists as a major benefit whether you like it or not.

omg PS4 isnt free cus u need to factor in the cost of a house to play it in!!! Lololol TCHBO!

This is where we’re going on. Jerry checking taxes and shit to make sure hes factored in every penny 😂

Sorry.................you can't pretend to play stupid.

Don't get angry because I'm forcing you to admit simple facts.

I love how you try to make an analogy, and it completely fails. And the other dumbass tries to help you LOL

2 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Hey look... Jerry... a guy with a Steam account with MANY GAMES.... is arguing about the devices worth... if you don't have a Steam account with many games :drake: 

LMFAO... like... IDIOT.. does that matter to you?

He understands FULL WELL that the fact that the device can be used in any way you want it to.. and that by default... it's a device with an ecosystem of thousands upon thousands of games...

He knows the value.  He's just literally a fucking retard. 

This forum has gone down so badly because of him.  There's simply not enough people that post here regularly anymore to balance out his lame ass attempts to troll and argue. :francis: 

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

No.. there's no barrier to entry... what the fuck are you talking about? :tom: 

You can LITERALLY just buy it... and have the biggest library of games available day 1 for you to purchase from....

No, you actually don't because the entire steam library is not available on its built-in OS.

Correct?

So go ahead. Do all your comparisons from this point forward with a $400 Valve Deck with no games versus a $300 Switch.

Just now, jehurey said:

No, you actually don't because the entire steam library is not available on its built-in OS.

Correct?

So go ahead. Do all your comparisons from this point forward with a $400 Valve Deck with no games versus a $300 Switch.

Yes, it factually does have the biggest library... because the built in OS device supports thousands upon thousands of games.

And.... the device can ALSO run windows... and have access to literally every ecosystem that the PC has.

There's no comparison.  The Deck has a bigger library of games.  If someone doesn't have ANY device... and is looking between a Switch and a Deck... the Deck offers the biggest library.. the most power.. the most flexibility.. 

That's not a debate.

Holy shit, look at them melt down.

They wanted to pretend that $400 came with 100's of games for free.

And when I pointed out how that's not true, they seriously lost their shit.

6 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Its arguably more attractive if you’ve never played on PC before :| Steam has a fucking huge library and many low cost games.

If I didn’t have a PC I would be all over this.

So............let's take a look at the Steam store:

wyZSjAa.png

You would pay $60 to play Doom Eternal at 30fps at medium settings on the Steam Deck, in which the game is only playable for about 2 hours before the battery goes out?

That's a good device and the games are worth it, according to you?

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

We'll all be Jerryatric patients by the time he admits he's lost the argument :RISITAS:

Jerrys whole argument is “nuh uh you cant use your existing library thats not fair”

In the words of Reggie “not my problem :reg:

That’s arguably one of the biggest benefits of Steam Deck and half the reason some people are considering it.

It exists as a major benefit whether you like it or not.

Hey look... Jerry... a guy with a Steam account with MANY GAMES.... is arguing about the devices worth... if you don't have a Steam account with many games :drake: 

LMFAO... like... IDIOT.. does that matter to you?

He understands FULL WELL that the fact that the device can be used in any way you want it to.. and that by default... it's a device with an ecosystem of thousands upon thousands of games...

He knows the value.  He's just literally a fucking retard. 

This forum has gone down so badly because of him.  There's simply not enough people that post here regularly anymore to balance out his lame ass attempts to troll and argue. :francis: 

LOL the butthurt is raging