MS: COD will still be on PlayStation in the future. Wants to add Nintendo.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lemtards like Vini and Ghostz who thought a big series like CoD would be exclusive to Xbox.     I tried telling them, their fanboys hopes and dreams have been crushed.

The Nintendo part is interesting.. depending on which games they're talking about.  Probably Diablo and stuff like that that can actually run decently on the hardware.   I wonder if they mig

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

If Gamepass ever shows up on PS it will be like EA Access. Only MS games, Sony gets a cut, and there will be no GamePass Ultimate with PS included in it.

exactly.

the games have to be developed as 3rd party licensed and published games. the developer/publisher has to apply for a Playstation dev kit, they have to follow and meet guidelines for third-parties.

They have to put the game for sale, for full purchase, on the Playstation store and possibly require physical retail copies. In which Sony get's a cut for every copy of the game sold.

And, if Microsoft wants to offer those games to Playstation owners in the form of a subscription model, the payment for that subscription has to be done through the Playstation payment servers, so that they get their cut of the subscription fee.

And it would be digital licenses to download and play those games, it almost certainly wouldn't be cloud versions of games.

9 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's definitely clear that MS are going all 3rd party.  Basically anything that sells anywhere will continue to sell there.  However if you want to play those games through a subscription service, it's only GamePass.

I don't think Sony or Nintendo would ever allow GP on their consoles.  The only way would be if it was modified to be Xbox first party games only, and of course Sony/Nintendo would get a percentage of every subscription.

That kind of a future, is cool... but also kind of messy for MS marketing.  Having all these different versions of GamePass with different games, as well as the cloud version.. will definitely lead to some confusion.

I'm sure it's doable, but they just have to have the right marketing scheme to eliminate any confusion.

It's honestly easier to run clever marketing than it will ever be to find a replacement for the 200+ million userbase of Nintendo + Sony combined.

1 minute ago, FIREPOWER said:

@ghostz on suicide watch.

TLHBFR!!!

I like how he tried to move the goalposts after all the shit talking he’s been doing on this topic for weeks. Tried to tell the clown that COD would remain multiplat like Destiny remained multiplat but he didn’t wanna have none of it. What an idiot. They really thought a franchise as huge as COD was gonna be exclusive to Xbox and PC :sabu: 

COD sells best on PlayStation... Boatloads better than on Xbox.  They thought MS spent 70 billion to cut Activision revenues down by over 60%...fucking dumbass lemmings :omglol:

• Haha 1
Just now, jehurey said:

That absolutely does not help them with regulators, or make them appear as "open and fair" platform holders.

This only applies for Windows or Xbox devices (which is running Windows).

They're basically saying "if Sony and Nintendo want to develop and put games on OUR Xbox, we'll let them!"

Wow, what an amazing concession from Microsoft.  They're announcing something that Sony and Nintendo could already do with previous consoles if they wanted to.

Nintendo allowed Rare to make a Diddy Kong Kart Racing game on the DS, I guess Nintendo has that same amazing policy as well.

This means jackshit for Playstation and Nintendo hardware. Those are relatively closed systems (or highly regulated systems, to explain it another way), as they have always been.

No shit this only applies to MS' platforms... they're the only platforms they have control over.. :drake:

But you're wrong.  This definitely helps them with regulators.  This isn't being announced now... just for the hell of it.

They're showing regulators that they are committed to these principles.... in an effort to appease regulators worries, and them continuing to buy more publishers/developers... This is also showing legislators who create the laws as to why other stores on other platforms should do the same...  They realize the console falls into this category... and if they want these changes to happen across the industry, they have to set the example. 

Again, nothing says Sony has to do shit... but if you don't think that this is MS preemptively assuring legislators and regulators of their intentions and their ideas for the future... then you're simply wrong.

But it's ok... Phil is owned, he's begging Sony... Sony's in full control.

You can sleep soundly Jer.. it's ok. 

5 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

TLHBFR!!!

I like how he tried to move the goalposts after all the shit talking he’s been doing on this topic for weeks. Tried to tell the clown that COD would remain multiplat like Destiny remained multiplat but he didn’t wanna have none of it. What an idiot. They really thought a franchise as huge as COD was gonna be exclusive to Xbox and PC :sabu: 

No, I said COD would be available on PS through Gamepass. That’s exactly what this is indicating. 

5 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I think they might port the campaigns now if they are bi-annual instead of annual. More time to port.

Though I'm not really sure if bi-annual campaigns was even an MS decision, seems like it was Activision's idea with the release of Warzone.

Warzone type of battle royal games is what the casual gamers and shooter gamers in general love. 

Developers love it too because they get to milk the user base for year with one game. 

Campaign may not arrive until next gen for Switch. 

Just my predictions. 

5 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

TLHBFR!!!

Destiny staying multiplat isn't suprising. But it seems the next Bungie IP will also be multiplat.

But then again when Sony says multiplat it just means PS5/PC. But I think in Bungie's case at least it will be a real multiplat.

1 minute ago, Remij said:

No shit this only applies to MS' platforms... they're the only platforms they have control over.. :drake:

But you're wrong.  This definitely helps them with regulators.  This isn't being announced now... just for the hell of it.

They're showing regulators that they are committed to these principles.... in an effort to appease regulators worries, and them continuing to buy more publishers/developers... This is also showing legislators who create the laws as to why other stores on other platforms should do the same...  They realize the console falls into this category... and if they want these changes to happen across the industry, they have to set the example. 

Again, nothing says Sony has to do shit... but if you don't think that this is MS preemptively assuring legislators and regulators of their intentions and their ideas for the future... then you're simply wrong.

But it's ok... Phil is owned, he's begging Sony... Sony's in full control.

You can sleep soundly Jer.. it's ok. 

Considering that Windows was always supposed to be a platform in which you can "side-load" any .exe file since forever............the only way this helps regulators is if they are too stupid to know what was possible with Windows in the first place.

Congratulations............Microsoft is declaring that it has the openness of Android OS, which many people originally compared it to the openness of Microsoft Windows OS.

You want a cookie for that accomplishment?:drake:

11 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Share holders look at revenue, profits etc. 

Currently Nintendo's and Sony's models are doing better than MS.  Gamepass and MS strategy are the current loss leader, until that starts churning out ridiculous profits you won't see Sony or Nintendo go full on and follow MS. 

They might add bits and pieces to supplement their current models but not to replace what they're are currently doing anytime soon. 

I don't need to see them go full on... not any time soon.

It's just painfully clear that Sony, is absolutely following in MS' footsteps with this stuff.  I don't care if that's not what people want to hear.. but it's the truth.  

Nintendo is in their own world, and it will be a long time before they follow anything... but I still think they get there eventually.

Just now, jehurey said:

Considering that Windows was always supposed to be a platform in which you can "side-load" any .exe file since forever............the only way this helps regulators is if they are too stupid to know what was possible with Windows in the first place.

Congratulations............Microsoft is declaring that it has the openness of Android OS, which many people originally compared it to the openness of Microsoft Windows OS.

You want a cookie for that accomplishment?:drake:

What I pointed out had nothing to do with Windows.  I specifically quoted the part about consoles.

They're adopting the same principles between the Windows store, and the console store...  

You asked how this applies to stores outside of Windows.. and I showed you what they said.  If you think it means nothing.. fine.

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

No, I said COD would be available on PS through Gamepass. That’s exactly what this is indicating. 

They're clearly going to be doing $60-$70 releases of COD on PS5 in the future. While Gamepass on PS at least for now is under question. Plus they'll release $60-$70 versions of COD even on XBox or PC, even if COD is one game pass.

Just now, Remij said:

What I pointed out had nothing to do with Windows.  I specifically quoted the part about consoles.

They're adopting the same principles between the Windows store, and the console store...  

You asked how this applies to stores outside of Windows.. and I showed you what they said.  If you think it means nothing.. fine.

that's going to be absolutely useless.

they put language in there that will help them be able to block almost everything

"as long as it meets out safety standards"

That pretty much prevents almost all forms of "side-loading" because you have to bypass or disable their existing security in order to be able to load unauthorized programs.

They will say that breaks their safety guidelines, therefore its not allowed nor supported.

That's legalese 101, dude.

Just now, Team 2019 said:

I read their open store policy I honestly still don't understand what it even means in practice. It's very unspecific and not very commited to something.

Maybe someone else can make more sense out of it than me.

its like when you visit a social media website, and they updated their terms and conditions, and nobody really gives a shit.

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Destiny staying multiplat isn't suprising. But it seems the next Bungie IP will also be multiplat.

But then again when Sony says multiplat it just means PS5/PC. But I think in Bungie's case at least it will be a real multiplat.

~60% of Destiny's playerbase is on Xbox and PC...

It's dumb to make a new IP which would serve that audience and then reduce it to just Playstation.  If it's dumb for MS to do it with CoD... it's dumb for Sony to do it with Bungie.

It will be multiplat.  And there will be more multiplat shit in the future from others as well.

Sony fanboys will eventually come around and realize their lives aren't ending because games also appear on Xbox.  They'll get worn down just like Lemmings did.. and then eventually there will be no argument against it.

Just now, Remij said:

I don't need to see them go full on... not any time soon.

It's just painfully clear that Sony, is absolutely following in MS' footsteps with this stuff.  I don't care if that's not what people want to hear.. but it's the truth.  

Nintendo is in their own world, and it will be a long time before they follow anything... but I still think they get there eventually.

That's what you what to hear but it's not the reality of the situation. 

Let's be real here... MS went this route because they couldn't cut it in the traditional VG market. 

For all the billions they spent they still ended up a distant third. 

They didn't just randomly wake up one day and decided to do gamepass and 3rd party shit out of the goodness of their hearts.

They had no choice, something had to be done to try to turn the gaming division around... I mean they're not there as yet... Still years away from seeing the fruits of the plan.. 

But Sony and Nintendo are both killing it... No way in hell they switch gears unless they start faltering... And faltering for years.. Multiple gens. 

MS strategy has not even shown that it's successful as yet.... Why would Sony or Nintendo Switch gears for a billion dollar gamble that is not guaranteed to work long term? 

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, ghostz said:

You lying piece of shit  :sabu:

:will2: Why would you lie about something that's so easily verifiable? Your dumbass was saying that Phil was vague because they intended to pull COD out of Playstation as soon as the deals were over. Your fucking lying ass has been exposed. Eat your L you fucking clown, you were wrong.

:kaz: Caught lying in 4K...

1946189546_ownedCapture.thumb.JPG.9991146bd8df362ed9efde096ae26129.JPG

152018417_pwned2Capture.thumb.JPG.70ec1e84ff2ebcdf264aae754a152a40.JPG

Edited by FIREPOWER
4 minutes ago, Remij said:

~60% of Destiny's playerbase is on Xbox and PC...

It's dumb to make a new IP which would serve that audience and then reduce it to just Playstation.  If it's dumb for MS to do it with CoD... it's dumb for Sony to do it with Bungie.

It will be multiplat.  And there will be more multiplat shit in the future from others as well.

Sony fanboys will eventually come around and realize their lives aren't ending because games also appear on Xbox.  They'll get worn down just like Lemmings did.. and then eventually there will be no argument against it.

All of Sony's GAAS games from what I understand in the future will be PS5/PC day. It makes too much sense. I think the era of PS only MP games is over. They can't release an MP game later on PC by 1 year because it's not a SP game, they're "alive" and they have to launch at the same time.

Now what ALSO really needs to happen is full PSVR2 support on PC, maybe not day 1. But it has to happen

• Like 1