Official Elden Ring Thread

Just now, jehurey said:

And I'm asking you how you even think that's possible?

So............you don't know anything about computer hardware, in the slightest?

That's like you wondering if a go cart can drive better than a full-sized automobile.

By turning down the graphics, same way the PS4 version works. 

a go cart is faster than a Ferrari that has 200,000 tons on it

Edited by ghostz
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Platinum’d this bitch. Now, I can take a break from gaming  

Thought this was funny. If Ubisoft developed Elden Ring:  

remember the time when GD would say souls games is not his type. just reading his posts is so full of excitement. lol it makes me happy 

Posted Images

Just now, ghostz said:

By turning down the graphics, same way the PS4 version works. 

Except it clearly be doing something else, if that PS4 version on PS5 ended up being recommended over any of the Xbox console versions, right?

Its almost as if you're only explaining half of what Digital Foundry is saying.

• -GD-X★ changed the title to Elden Ring patch impressions (MASSIVE TCHBR - DF recommends Cows play the PS4 version, also the PC version is fucked) VRR IS KING. I saved 15% on my car insurance by switching to Geico. Do you ever get that "no so fresh" feeling?
3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

@Remij I want to try the PC version but apparently the game has a sizeable tutorial dungeon? So I’m wondering if that might mask the performance issues, and they won’t really be present until you get into the open world. If so then 2 hours might not be enough to properly test it before getting a refund.

2h should be more than enough to get through the tutorial.  I already know the tutorial section and it's not long at all.  You'll have enough time on the open world to see if it's acceptable or not because literally as soon as you enter the open world, there's a enemy on horseback, and if you fight that enemy on your horse the FPS will likely tank and you'll see the issue.

Just set a timer on your phone for 1h 30m and see how far you get and what it's like if you want to try it.  Or you could just wait for me, as I'll be playing the PC version and I'll definitely let you know straight up how bad it is, and I wont be holding back.

But honestly, it's probably better to just go with the PS5 version and just enjoy the game without those issues.  Drops in framerate is one thing, hitching and stuttering is another altogether and simply not acceptable.  Did you see Cohh Carnage's stream clip that's going around?  There's a small boss spoiler, but the game literally freezes for like 5 seconds, then goes... and then freezes again, getting him killed.

Look at this...

https://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage/clip/NastyPrettyAlmondPipeHype-ih1OrBYVEOwP17N2

It's unacceptable.  This game is sitting at a 95 meta on PC... when it deserves to be sitting at 50 for this type of shit.

• Sad 1
Just now, ghostz said:

Pop in on this game is awful. We aren’t ready for open world games yet. Pop in ruins everything 

the game has cool enemy designs, but yeah..the pop-in/ clipping/clunky animation are a turn off. i've been watching vids to see if it's right for me....and i'm still on the fence.

Just now, MalaXmaS said:

Weren't these cow morons talking shit last night about how the shitstation 5 version is supposedly superior, but now that VRR (a feature so touted from Flopny) is now broken and all of a sudden "all versions are a wreck".

lmfao tchbfr.

huh? how are all versions a wreck? only the pc version has been called a wreck.

The patch on PC has actually made things worse according to ACG.

Jesus :D 

Best game of the year and generation and they fuck up the PC port so badly...  I don't even have the energy or inclination to argue with the people who will undoubtedly try to make fun of me over it.. I don't even care.  :mjcry:

All I can do is hope they fix it.. :sad:

@Twinblade Just get the PS5 version and don't bother dude.

Edited by Remij
  • Tears of the Cows changed the title to Elden Ring patch impressions (MASSIVE TCHBR - DF recommends Cows play the PS4 version, also the PC version is fucked) VRR IS KING.
1 hour ago, Remij said:

The patch on PC has actually made things worse according to ACG.

Jesus :D 

Best game of the year and generation and they fuck up the PC port so badly...  I don't even have the energy or inclination to argue with the people who will undoubtedly try to make fun of me over it.. I don't even care.  :mjcry:

All I can do is hope they fix it.. :sad:

@Twinblade Just get the PS5 version and don't bother dude.

Jesus christ. How the fuck did reviewers just seem to tip toe around these issues and barely mention them is crazy to me. In fact they should have some dignity and go back and update their reviews, especially after this patch.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I really wanted the 60FPS of the PC version with the visuals of the quality mode on consoles, but its just not worth it.

I mean, I'm watching some streamers, and literally most of them are playing the PC version, and they're having a blast despite the issues... but they all admit there's definitely issues here.

Hopefully it gets fixed in a patch, but I'd take the PS5 version over the PC any day if I had one.  I'd do that, and just enjoy the game.  Maybe down the road if the PC version gets fixed... and you still care enough, you could trade in your PS5 copy and then buy the game on sale on PC or something... but until then, fuck it.

BandaiNamco and FROMSOFT should really be ashamed pushing out a product in this state.

• -GD-X★ changed the title to Official Elden Ring Thread