• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Platinum’d this bitch. Now, I can take a break from gaming  

Thought this was funny. If Ubisoft developed Elden Ring:  

remember the time when GD would say souls games is not his type. just reading his posts is so full of excitement. lol it makes me happy 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Enjoy your smoothed out 40 fps :kaz:

PS5 - highest frame rate in quality mode, performance mode and the only option for a locked 60 FPS

TLHBK

Enjoy those long ass loading times, lower res, no DS features, and worse graphics overall. 

im hope you really  enjoy it. DF said it’s constantly juddering on PS5, nearly unplayable LOL

Edited by ghostz
4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im gonna buy it on PC and then refund it if it comes to that. Maybe I could be one of the lucky few who have minimal issues :shrug:

GL.  lol..

I'm still going to play it and suffer though, because the sense of exploration and discovery in this game is incredible. :wow2: 

Just now, Remij said:

GL.  lol..

I'm still going to play it and suffer though, because the sense of exploration and discovery in this game is incredible. :wow2: 

how is the beginning for someone who isn't a seasoned souls player?

Just now, -GD-X said:

how is the beginning for someone who isn't a seasoned souls player?

I can't really say that haha.

But as a veteran it's about what you'd expect.  It's not too bad so far.. but I've already died more than a few times lol.

Just now, Remij said:

I can't really say that haha.

But as a veteran it's about what you'd expect.  It's not too bad so far.. but I've already died more than a few times lol.

damn...i don't know if this will be for me. i have like 0 patience for souls games. i thought for sure bloodborne would be for me, but nope lol.

The FPS drops REALLY seem reminiscent of the kind that happens when DRM or anti-cheat is badly implemented.  Kinda like Capcom with RE Village.  That game had a similar type of issue when fighting one of the daughters... her attack would trigger massive amounts of DRM checks bogging the CPU down, same when you killed enemies it would stutter.  

They eventually fixed it... so I'm hopeful that's mostly what the issue is and they can fix them.  It's like the game slows down, and then speeds back up again... almost like rubberbanding.

11 hours ago, ghostz said:

Elden Ring is From Software's first foray into low-level APIs on PC and the game uses DirectX 12. As we have seen in other DX12 titles, there can be severe and distracting frame-time stuttering issues. 

Just read this, LMFAO TLHBFR! :kaz: Who would have guessed that Microsoft's proprietary bullshit is once again a failure. This is hands down the worsr aoftware company I've ever seen, EVERYTHING they've put out over the past decade or so has been abysmal - not just bad, but downright abysmal.

Refunded the PC version after less than a hour. At first it seemed ok, I only got 2 major frame drops and stutters at the same place (the door in the tutorial dungeon that leads to the open world) so I figured they were just the result of the game needing to load a new area, so I gave From the benefit of the doubt. But then I got to the surface and started fighting that first mini boss, I got major framerate drops and stutters in the middle of the fight, even during it's attack animations, COMPLETELY throwing me off and contributing to my death. That type of stuff is pretty unforgivable in a game with combat this fast paced where precise timing is essential.

Also I have to say eventhough the art is good the graphics overall are incredibly dated. It looks ancient compared to the Demon's Souls remake.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Refunded the PC version after less than a hour. At first it seemed ok, I only got 2 major frame drops and stutters at the same place (the door in the tutorial dungeon that leads to the open world) so I figured they were just the result of the game needing to load a new area, so I gave From the benefit of the doubt. But then I got to the surface and started fighting that first mini boss, I got major framerate drops and stutters in the middle of the fight, even during it's attack animations, COMPLETELY throwing me off and contributing to my death. That type of stuff is pretty unforgivable in a game with combat this fast paced where precise timing is essential.

Also I have to say eventhough the art is good the graphics overall are incredibly dated. It looks ancient compared to the Demon's Souls remake.

Ahahah and you didn't even get torrent (the horse) yet... let me tell you... riding on him in the open world... the fps drops and stutters are unreal...

BandaiNamco should be ashamed.  

Edited by Remij
  • -GD-X★ changed the title to Official Elden Ring Thread