Game Pass still SLAPPIN: Scorn GameSpot review - 4

2 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

-4 points because it is not on shitstation.

This is what Lemmings actually believe.

"No, this subscription service isn't getting filled with mediocrity like all other streaming services, its games are being deducted points because they're not on PlayStation!"

• Haha 1
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fourn 

We'll soon find out whether or not the lemmings have been Fournicated 

Breaking News: Alien Penis Simulator flops!     TLHBFR!

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Thats a good thing about Gamepass people don't seem to appreciate. Even if an anticipated game flops, you can still try it for yourself at no extra cost to form your own opinion. Im interested in hearing what you think of it.

It kind of is at a cost, thats one of your selected games to be added to the months sub that you paid for. A better game could have taken its place.

I get what you're saying theres no outright purchase price but the trick these subscriptiom services try to fool you with is that "its free".

10 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

It kind of is at a cost, thats one of your selected games to be added to the months sub that you paid for. A better game could have taken its place.

I get what you're saying theres no outright purchase price but the trick these subscriptiom services try to fool you with is that "its free".

they're not noticing that they are removing much more "good" games on the back end, while adding shit

they've been quietly doing this for several months now, for anybody who is paying attention

and another thing they do is that they REMOVE a game.......and then just cycle it in a few months later as a NEW game added to the service. They're re-handing the same games again, while continuing to charge you $10-$15 a month.

Just wait for an end-of-the-year indie bundle where all of the good, well-received indie games were bundled together, and buy them all for pennies on the dollar........to keep them permanently.

Edited by jehurey
56 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

We'll soon find out whether or not the lemmings have been Fournicated :wow2:

Brooooo I’m not going to front. I’m having a blast! Cool (and demented) puzzles. Insane sound design.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Brooooo I’m not going to front. I’m having a blast! Cool (and demented) puzzles. Insane sound design.

Any comparisons you can make? It reminded me a lot of Prey 2006. 

40 minutes ago, Ike said:

Any comparisons you can make? It reminded me a lot of Prey 2006. 

Hmmm it’s like prey, but with 0 story, very puzzle-focused and way more atmospheric. I’m on the second part/chapter  (there are 5). So far, I think it’s pretty damn cool. Hopefully, I’ll be able to handle the bad combat (it’s in the third part). 

• Like 1

Seems like the puzzles/exploration/atmosphere are good, but the combat and save system really bring it down.

I think if they actually implement a manual save system it would greatly improve the overall experience.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Seems like the puzzles/exploration/atmosphere are good, but the combat and save system really bring it down.

I think if they actually implement a manual save system it would greatly improve the overall experience.

Yes! I stopped playing it last night, once I knew I had hit a check point because the saves are way too spread out. 

Chapter 2 owned! This game is definitely for fans of old school adventure titles. There is 0 hand-holding. You basically have to mess around with everything and see what works (a lot like Myst) and figure out the flow/pattern of each respective section. The combat is bad (I’m on chapter 3). There’s no sugar-coating it. However, if you are strategic, you can avoid encounters quite easily (so far). I agree with the critics that the combat feels jarring. It doesn’t match the explorative feel of the earlier chapters. Fortunately, once 3 is done, 4 and 5 (apparently) go back to what made the earlier parts intriguing and unsettling. 

tbh sounds like it's intended to be played like silent hill. I mean you aren't supposed to kill everything either. so maybe people got so used to killing everything in games they don't even acknowledge anything else in a "combat system".  gaymey journos suck anyway lmfao who gives a fuck

the dick stabber gun looks cool :D 

Edited by kaz

Most of the combat is avoidable, however, it’s BS that it’s only in act 3. It’s still in act 4. It gets better (not saying much) because of the newer weapons, though. Still, this game should have never introduced combat. It’s still a solid title, but it could have been great, had it stuck to the feel of acts 1 and 2. 

• Upvote 1

Well, I finished it. That was…an ending lol. As for acts 4 and 5, I enjoyed them a lot. I felt like I had a good flow with the combat (the third weapon makes combat way better), knowing what creatures to overpower and which ones to just run past. The puzzles were still fun, the final few being pretty fucking twisted lol. I’m guessing the game took about 4-5 hours to beat, with act 3 feeling this longest because I had a piece of shit weapon lol. Oh, I was not expecting a 

Spoiler

Boss fight, or boss fights 

.  However, I surprisingly enjoyed that section. 

Do I recommend this game? To most people…HELL NO! But, if you are fan of H.R. Giger‘s art design and David’s Cronenberg body torture flicks, and also like old school adventure games with 0 maps or hints, and let’s not forgot about the anxiety of annoying enemies potentially lurking around the corner….then go for it! I personally rate this a 7.5. It’s definitely a memorable experience, and made me more tense than any other horror game in recent memory. But I’ll never play it again lol. Do I get the 4/10 and even 1/5 review scores? Fuck yeah. This game should have never introduced combat. However,  the shitty combat grew on me. I think it’s because the world was so amazing to explore. Anyhow, it’s short. If you have Gamepass, try it. Maybe you’ll hate it. But maybe you’ll like it. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Well, I finished it. That was…an ending lol. As for acts 4 and 5, I enjoyed them a lot. I felt like I had a good flow with the combat (the third weapon makes combat way better), knowing what creatures to overpower and which ones to just run past. The puzzles were still fun, the final few being pretty fucking twisted lol. I’m guessing the game took about 4-5 hours to beat, with act 3 feeling this longest because I had a piece of shit weapon lol. Oh, I was not expecting a 

Reveal hidden contents

Boss fight, or boss fights 

.  However, I surprisingly enjoyed that section. 

Do I recommend this game? To most people…HELL NO! But, if you are fan of H.R. Giger‘s art design and David’s Cronenberg body torture flicks, and also like old school adventure games with 0 maps or hints, and let’s not forgot about the anxiety of annoying enemies potentially lurking around the corner….then go for it! I personally rate this a 7.5. It’s definitely a memorable experience, and made me more tense than any other horror game in recent memory. But I’ll never play it again lol. Do I get the 4/10 and even 1/5 review scores? Fuck yeah. This game should have never introduced combat. However,  the shitty combat grew on me. I think it’s because the world was so amazing to explore. Anyhow, it’s short. If you have Gamepass, try it. Maybe you’ll hate it. But maybe you’ll like it. 

Damn dude, you really go HAM on them.

I was playing the beginning and got stuck in that puzzle in which you have to move the buttons from the control.