Why is Twitter trying so hard to prevent Elon Musk from taking it over?

As advertisers continue to jump off the titanic....

Elon Musk is now disabling and restricting accounts of Journalists and or Analysts who question his actions or tweets etc... 

:drake:

For all the flak people give mark zuckaberg at least he is not a thin skinned snowflake like Elon is proving to be. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ooh it's coming.. But fair enough. 

The DNC and its propaganda press have you so programmed that you're sending angry tweets to Elon?   If the lefty press hadn't been throwing a temper tantrum over losing control of Twitter,

Don't like it? Make your own Twitter (wait there's more)  

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

As advertisers continue to jump off the titanic....

Elon Musk is now disabling and restricting accounts of Journalists and or Analysts who question his actions or tweets etc... 

:drake:

For all the flak people give mark zuckaberg at least he is not a thin skinned snowflake like Elon is proving to be. 

I don't know how true this is, but historically he's been a baby about getting bad mouthed by journalists or critics while praising those who stroke his ego (sounds familiar) 

I'm actually enjoying the Musk era of twitter. Watching this rich bitch try to make money out of a company he overpayed for just to make incels cheer for him is tight. 

QJUk2PN.png

:drake: this dude is starting to crack, in real-time

forget reality tv, this is fantastic.

Also, it seems to have dawned on automobile manufacturers that Twitter, where they advertise for their own automobiles, can now directly affect the fate of Tesla stock.

So they pulled all of their advertising as well, because if Twitter's financials collapse, it risks hurting Tesla's financial future as well.

And GM, Ford, and the other major car companies can indirectly hurt Tesla.

Smart move on IncElon's behalf to start threatening advertisers. That'll work.

17 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Retard he already signed the binding contract before he tried to back out.  There was no way out of it, unless Twitter agreed to back out. 

Twitter didn't want to squash the deal and the Judge gave Musk until Oct 28th to close... He closed on Oct 28th. 

Yes he was forced to close the deal.. Sorry that hurts your feelings :umad:

Musk doesn’t yet own Twitter, and he won’t for many more months, but he is now locked into a contract with the social network’s current management, and there’s a $1 billion penalty at stake if he pulls out. The two sides also agreed to certain rules of behavior for the period before the deal closes.

So I just had an exchange with ppl who were losing their minds over a video of a cop removing campaign yard signs from a pedestrian median somewhere in NYC. The "news" site has 1 million followers and the video has been up for over a week now 

The big deal being the street signs are for the nyc Republican gov candidate. So of course it's just a bunch of idiotic conservatives yelling about how unfair this is and trying to find the woman's identity. In the video itself the man filming is yelling at her and calling her corrupt.   

I do give one woman credit for actually researching and admitting being wrong in the same thread but there are thousands of people who believe this and it's being signal boosted by right wing Twitter. 

I won't pretend to have answers about disinformation and I think people should be responsible for their own stupidity but we live in the real world. People are going to believe bullshit they see on Twitter and the truth is conservatives and free thinkers are easier to fool than other people. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
2 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol wtf 

Gee wiz,  who would have thought that removing thw verification process would allow ANYONE to impersonate powerful people. 

Twitter is about to turn into the wild west if Elon doesn't change course. 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

Musk doesn’t yet own Twitter, and he won’t for many more months, but he is now locked into a contract with the social network’s current management, and there’s a $1 billion penalty at stake if he pulls out. The two sides also agreed to certain rules of behavior for the period before the deal closes.

That 1 billion was if the deal fell apart and both parties walked away.... Unfortunately for Musk Twitter didn't walk away. 

Straight from the chairman of Twitter's board. 

The Judge agreed and said Twitter had enough for a trial...since Musk already singed s BINDING AGREEMENT.... Later she gave Musk until Oct 28th to close... He caved and closed. 

Sorry if that hurts your feelings :umad:

16 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Gee wiz,  who would have thought that removing thw verification process would allow ANYONE to impersonate powerful people. 

Twitter is about to turn into the wild west if Elon doesn't change course. 

My favorite thing about the verification nonsense is all the Musk Incel Army bending over backwards to defend paying $8 a month for a blue check. I also feel like twitter tried some premium version of the site before and no one cared enough to pay for it last time. 

17 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

That 1 billion was if the deal fell apart and both parties walked away.... Unfortunately for Musk Twitter didn't walk away. 

Straight from the chairman of Twitter's board. 

The Judge agreed and said Twitter had enough for a trial...since Musk already singed s BINDING AGREEMENT.... Later she gave Musk until Oct 28th to close... He caved and closed. 

Sorry if that hurts your feelings :umad:

You can't physically force someone to close a purchase or contract against his will.  :D 

He could have gotten away with a lawsuit and fines but keep making the same circular argument. :D 

37 minutes ago, Ramza said:

You can't physically force someone to close a purchase or contract against his will.  :D 

He could have gotten away with a lawsuit and fines but keep making the same circular argument. :D 

Why do I even bother with your dumbass.  :snoop:

Physically force? Force doesn't only men physically you dense clown. 

He wanted to pull out, Twitter  and the Judge forced him to close... 

It was a binding contract, he caved... Cry more :awww:

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

Like I get where you are coming from, but I don't think that's how the law works. I'm not a lawyer but in my brain If they couldn't force Musk to either finalize the deal or compensate the company in an equal way then why would the judge let a trail happen? To let both sides waste their time? Why would a condition like that be included in a binding contract if it could not be enforced? 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Like I get where you are coming from, but I don't think that's how the law works. I'm not a lawyer but in my brain If they couldn't force Musk to either finalize the deal or compensate the company in an equal way then why would the judge let a trail happen? To let both sides waste their time? Why would a condition like that be included in a binding contract if it could not be enforced? 

There has to be compensation for sure but that's probably up to the court to decide what the damage was. I mean, it's a good question but there's no way the compensation would be equal amount to the deal, otherwise there's no point to paying it, might as well just proceed with the original deal and at least get something in return. 

Let's be honest, Musk made an active decision that he was better off buying Twitter than years of expensive lawsuits and a possibly damaged reputation for getting absolutely nothing in return. No doubt the possible punitive damage factored into his decision but to say he was forced is kind of a hyperbole that sounds ridiculous to me.  

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

There has to be compensation for sure but that's probably up to the court to decide what the damage was. I mean, it's a good question but there's no way the compensation would be equal amount to the deal, otherwise there's no point to paying it, might as well just proceed with the original deal and at least get something in return. 

Let's be honest, Musk made an active decision that he was better off buying Twitter than years of expensive lawsuits and a possibly damaged reputation for getting absolutely nothing in return. No doubt the possible punitive damage factored into his decision but to say he was forced is kind of a hyperbole that sounds ridiculous to me.  

Let's be honest, Gak is "more right" on this than you are. I'm not sure why you're trying to give Musk so much dignity in all of this. Twitter didn't ask him to buy them, he made an increasing amount of stupid decisions of his own accord in order to impress incels. 

10 hours ago, jehurey said:

Mr free speech, comedy is allowed, no more permanent bans, Mr no more actual verification is throwing a hissy fit because people are making fun of him. 

And surprise surprise he is perm banning... Just a few days after taking over. 

Mind you Lavern is a right wing shill who was giddy when Elon bought Twitter... Now she's realizing how thin skinned of a snowflake he is. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • Hot Sauce changed the title to Why is Twitter trying so hard to prevent Elon Musk from taking it over?