Opinions on XBox going all digital?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

their plans are to do a mid-gen refresh Xbox Series X 2TB next year in 2024............for $500, still. Not even a fucking price cut   And the original Xbox Series X, the ONLY PIECE OF HARDW

i rarely buy physical copies, so it's fine.

Like 150.

I hate when corporations do this. They were told to fuck off last gen, and instead of realizing they were wrong they just play the long game instead and push on towards their goals - because it gives them all the control, not you.

Sadly they're all going digital, in which case I'll stick with PC.

I hustle a bit, wait things out for sales, snipe low prices on eBay…..in the physical market, prices vary, retailers put shit on sale at different times etc, prices fluctuate. With this in mind, a single online market is a fucking disaster. 

Get with the fucking times.  If you're still complaining about something tech based in 2024 being possibly online only then you're pathetic as fuck.  ALL of these devices are USELESS without internet as it is.  Who doesn't have internet these days?  If someone doesn't have an internet connection, then maybe they should be worrying about things other than videogames.  Let the medium evolve ffs..:pffft:

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Remij said:

Get with the fucking times.  If you're still complaining about something tech based in 2024 being possibly online only then you're pathetic as fuck.  ALL of these devices are USELESS without internet as it is.  Who doesn't have internet these days?  If someone doesn't have an internet connection, then maybe they should be worrying about things other than videogames.  Let the medium evolve ffs..:pffft:

Lol, yeah, physical media or not the people using the internet as an excuse is fucking stupid. As if they live in a log cabin with dial up but also have a PS5 with a 4K TV in there. 

:ben:

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Remij said:

Evolve into what exactly? Can't buy cheap used games and half the time physical is cheaper and you're locked into store online pricing.

Just now, Playstation Tablet said:

Evolve into what exactly? Can't buy cheap used games and half the time physical is cheaper and you're locked into store online pricing.

You'll never know if you don't allow anything to happen.  And before you say some dumb shit like they'll take away your ability to play games with all digital... they can do the exact same thing to all of your discs already... 

Why do I give a shit that people can't buy cheap used games?  Devs don't see a single dime from that money.  Want a cheap game?  Wait for a sale.

Just now, Remij said:

You'll never know if you don't allow anything to happen.  And before you say some dumb shit like they'll take away your ability to play games with all digital... they can do the exact same thing to all of your discs already... 

Why do I give a shit that people can't buy cheap used games?  Devs don't see a single dime from that money.  Want a cheap game?  Wait for a sale.

You're seriously defending the ability not to buy used games. :kaz:

29 minutes ago, Remij said:

The medium can evolve when the infustructure is mature. 

Have you ever looked into what percentage of the country doesn't have access to reliable internet or broadband? 

Physical media isn't going anywhere until that changes. 

3 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

You're seriously defending the ability not to buy used games. :kaz:

Yes.  I haven't bought a used game in ages. :| 

How are you helping the developers by buying used games?  All you're doing is contributing to sales of which developers see nothing...