UK sales: Dragon's Dogma 2 outsold Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, Rise of the Ronin doesn't make the top 10

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Nah lmao.  Final Fantasy was absolutely huge in the day.. wtf :D 

And I never said it wasn't losing steam... In fact I specifically said it IS declining.  And there's a reason for that.  Japan is ONE of them.. and this is actually a PRIME example of SquareEnix's issues.  Japan COULD be massive still for Final Fantasy.  If they made Final Fantasy games on the Nintendo Switch...  Not some shitty spinoff FF game.. but make a mainline Final Fantasy game for Nintendo's console among the others.  I don't want to hear "power" excuses either..  You can make a high quality AAA Final Fantasy game on Nintendo Switch.  Nintendo makes high quality Switch games all the time.

They're chasing this stupid high production action-fantasy game with light/no RPG mechanics and it's just not working.  It sells to Playstation fanboys because its exclusive.. but nowhere else gives a damn.

Guys, again.. it's not about the immediate sales.. It's about growing the franchise in all markets.  You don't grow on platforms unless you commit to them.   And with regards to Playstation.. Final Fantasy isn't going to grow any bigger than it is now.  It's going to shrink if anything.  The series is stagnating.  We haven't heard about FF16's sales in forever and probably wont until after the PC version release in their hopes that it will prop it up to sound a bit more impressive.  It's not.  FF7 Rebirth will sell similarly. :shrug: 

I dunno, 7 was definitely huge, 10 was pretty big. It's certainly the biggest JRPG series, especially in the West. It's extremely important and popular in core gaming circles and online. I doubt your average western gamer could name a main FF character outside of Cloud, maybe Tidus. There's a reason FF7 is being remade with a huge budget and 3 parts and the other ones get poor HD rereleases at best.

Regardless, I don't really disagree with what you're saying. I do think Square put themselves in a difficult spot. Since FF7, mainline FF games have always represented the big budget,  grand, cinematic JRPG. The only time they really strayed from that was IX. Sales wise they're probably much better off moving to Switch but I think they're trying to hold onto that "prestige" aspect of FF, for better or worse.

• Like 1
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Twinblade - Alone In The Dark.  

I have your movie too, The Machinist.

Dragon's Regret 2

Posted Images

2 hours ago, JonDnD said:

Oh we know. You've been hiding for gens LOL. Now you are just open about it 

Nah it's called the best combo. I wouldn't be stupid enough to invest into two redundant systems :drake:

2 hours ago, JonDnD said:

Oh we know. You've been hiding for gens LOL. Now you are just open about it 

Nah it's called the best combo. I wouldn't be stupid enough to invest into two redundant systems :drake:

LOL jonb invested in three Xbox consoles over the course of 4 years, and all he got to play was The Crew and The Crew 2, and now just recently The Crew 3. :tom:

Edited by jehurey
9 hours ago, Remij said:

And jesus christ Firetard... are you mentally retarded?  LOL  I've been playing and posting about playing Dragon's Dogma 2 since it launched... you're so fucking obsessed with lemmings you're moronically claiming I haven't supported DD2... when Jon and I both bought it and are basically the only ones talking about playing it :drake: 

:mj: You fucking retard. 

:drake:  I'm talking about lems not supporting the game you retard, are you finally admitting you're a lem? The game sold like ass on Xbox and 60% of the sales are on PS5. Without PS gamers supporting the game it would be a complete flop. 

Jesus, you're an even bigger retard than I could have imagined. Hiding behind DD2 even though the game is available on Playstation. PS gamers are carrying both FF7R and DD2 sdales ont heir backs while your retarded ass is defecating in here spewing horse shit. How are cows owned that they turned out in droves to buy 2 of the best JRPGs this year? Playstation is the only platform with access to both games. FF7R is selling PS5s and Square-Enix is getting paid by Sony to sell PS5s with FF7R, it's a mutually beneficial business arrangement. The only people losing here are lems who don't get to play the game at all and fucktards like you that have to wait two years to play the highest rated game this year   :reg:

Edited by FIREPOWER
5 hours ago, Goukosan said:

I knew your wife was a cow but I didn't know you were too :trump3:

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

:mj: You fucking retard. 

:drake:  I'm talking about lems not supporting the game you retard, are you finally admitting you're a lem? The game sold like ass on Xbox and 60% of the sales are on PS5. Without PS gamers supporting the game it would be a complete flop. 

Jesus, you're an even bigger retard than I could have imagined. Hiding behind DD2 even though the game is available on Playstation. PS gamers are carrying both FF7R and DD2 sdales ont heir backs while your retarded ass is defecating in here spewing horse shit. How are cows owned that they turned out in droves to buy 2 of the best JRPGs this year? Playstation is the only platform with access to both games. FF7R is selling PS5s and Square-Enix is getting paid by Sony to sell PS5s with FF7R, it's a mutually beneficial business arrangement. The only people losing here are lems who don't get to play the game at all and fucktards like you that have to wait two years to play the highest rated game this year   :reg:

AND WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT LEMMINGS IN THIS THREAD? :drake: 

Jon and I both bought, and have played the game a ton...  You CONSTANTLY label us lemmings... so why talk and say shit about "lemming support" when the two people you're fighting with have CLEARLY played the game :lemming: 

I'm not hiding behind anything you fucking clown.  I'm discussing Dragon's Dogma beating FF7Rebirth in the charts :lemming: 

I don't give a fuck "who's carrying the sales" because that DOESNT FUCKING MATTER.  What matters is that a low stature Capcom series is selling more than SquareEnix's premiere franchise in the charts.. and not only that but the remakes of THE game in that series.

You completely out yourself as a fanboy fuckwad who can't have an honest conversation about two separate games when one happens to be a Sony exclusive.  Like I give a fucking shit about it being exclusive.  Like as if I haven't made posts saying that it SHOULD be exclusive due to Sony's history with FF7... durrr...   Jesus christ :shake: 

Edited by Remij
Just now, JonDnD said:

Lmao FireSale Fantasy coming soon 🤪 

It's a 8.0 binner LMAO

I mean, it's been over a month... are they going to announce any numbers for this game? :smilecry:

FF7Remake's 3.5M sales was announced in less than 2 weeks after that game launched...

FF16's 3M sales were announced 1 week after the game launched...

FF7Rebirth's numbers are still unknown and it's been over 5 weeks...

Bubu it will be ok in 2 years when I get to play it.. sales will surely pick up!:awww:

2 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

What a shitty analyst:D

LOL yea... he was probably comparing it to games which overperformed.. when he should have been comparing it to other games which underperformed!

Skewed the data to make it look like FF7 Rebirth was failing more than it is. :tear2: 

:kaz: 

Cows should spend mkre time buying and playing games instead of spending mornings searching through years of old posts for a "gotcha' :D

1 minute ago, JonDnD said:

Cows should spend mkre time buying and playing games instead of spending mornings searching through years of old posts for a "gotcha' :D

Bubu 4 years ago you said you expected Xbox games to run at 60!! OWNED :lemming:

Embarrassing :hest: 

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

These dipshits are legit double posting and talking to only each other. :mj:

We'll slow down so you can catch up.

:lawl: