Gouks Piscatella - physical software only 5% of total US game spending in 2023

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What an absolutely meaningless stat relative to how he came up with it.     "Across console, portable, PC, cloud, non-console VR, subscription and mobile." I mean, this is just stupid... and

Next gen digital only       https://x.com/MatPiscatella/status/1777735255010811982   https://x.com/MatPiscatella/status/1778046551233085766

Gouks Piscatella    

Posted Images

What an absolutely meaningless stat relative to how he came up with it. :mj: 

"Across console, portable, PC, cloud, non-console VR, subscription and mobile." I mean, this is just stupid... and then he goes on to try and sell a subscription for the company he works for... might as well throw NPD subscriptions in there to skew the number even more. :diplo::D 

843666169_Screenshotfrom2024-04-1016-51-31.png.0a4ff6b86ac371f6ba9793b52b5cfdfa.png

• Upvote 1
  • dead 1
3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

"Across console, portable, PC, cloud, non-console VR, subscription and mobile." I mean, this is just stupid... and then he goes on to try and sell a subscription for the company he works for... might as well throw NPD subscriptions in there to skew the number even more. :diplo::D 

843666169_Screenshotfrom2024-04-1016-51-31.png.0a4ff6b86ac371f6ba9793b52b5cfdfa.png

Yeah ok, still digital only is the future. Look at the percentage drop of physical. Its over.

7 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Yeah ok, still digital only is the future. Look at the percentage drop of physical. Its over.

That’s great. I don’t care. The way in which he came up with that statistic is still beyond stupid. I think he is just trolling people at this point.

Yeah I mean it just makes way more sense to compare Digital vs. Physical sales for things that offer both. You'll obviously never buy a microtransaction or a subscription physically. Everyone knows that a higher percentage of overall $$ is being spent on those YoY. So tell me, of games that are available physically and digitally, percentage splits. Probably varies a lot by console too, I'm sure Nintendo has a much higher % of physical than Sony, and Sony much higher than MS.

1 minute ago, Casual said:

Yeah I mean it just makes way more sense to compare Digital vs. Physical sales for things that offer both. You'll obviously never buy a microtransaction or a subscription physically. Everyone knows that a higher percentage of overall $$ is being spent on those YoY. So tell me, of games that are available physically and digitally, percentage splits. Probably varies a lot by console too, I'm sure Nintendo has a much higher % of physical than Sony, and Sony much higher than MS.

You’ll have to subscribe to get that data as Mat said. :mjgrin:

44 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

lol at slow Jonny and his dumb crew misrepresenting my stance only to get destroyed in the first reply 🤣😂

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, JonDnD said:

Now we don't care what Mat says OK LOL

It's amazing how quickly they try to discredit someone when they don't go along with their narratives :hest: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

It's amazing how quickly they try to discredit someone when they don't go along with their narratives :hest: 

Immediately LMAO

17 minutes ago, Playstation Tablet said:

So we are comparing physical games sales to say Fortnite Vbucks sales. How the Fuck does that make ANY sense. Or candy crush and genshin impact DLC sales.

Because they are all sales :] only one thing left is physical and it's OLD. It's done for, soon.